The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Rather than wait to see what the real motive is behind these latest developments, I suggest we all resort to petty point-scoring based on our thus-far entrenched positions and idle conjecture.

I do think we need to wait and see what happens, I am not sure it will affect anything this window (if it is heading that way), we shall see though.

Perhaps its trying to run the club ‘properly’ for once?

As thats what some fans only want for him to run the club properly, not spunk loads of money on players. No no not that just run the club properly :lol:

He has been trying to run the club properly since he came.

The thing is he cant really win here because there is a clear divide with us fans as to what 'properly' actually is.

• Like 3

Perhaps its trying to run the club ‘properly’ for once?

As thats what some fans only want for him to run the club properly, not spunk loads of money on players. No no not that just run the club properly :lol:

He has been trying to run the club properly since he came.

The thing is he cant really win here because there is a clear divide with us fans as to what 'properly' actually is.

Throwing loads of money and losing control is not properly.

Making cut-backs very quickly, but paying out millions on management contracts and throwing more money on top is not properly.

If the bad decisions were not made over such a long period, we would not be in this position.

The chairman has been incredibly naive and could have destroyed this club.

We have a blog post from IanRobo saying this hasn't been announced publicly but he knows from a "source" that it has happened.

If it has happened in the way described, personally I would lean towards an explanation that he is preparing to sell.

But I don't have a clue really (a) if it has happened (b ) what it might mean so sitting on one's hands and keeping calm seems in order just for now.

Edited by briny_ear

If this has happened wouldn't it have to be announced publicly?

I don't think so because it's privately owned - as Randy owns it all. Like when he sold the browns the first the majority heard was when he had to notify the NFL that he sold it.

Basically the first we'll know of it we'll be when it's already a done deal.

Edited by villan_007

We have a blog post from IanRobo saying this hasn't been announced publicly but he knows from a "source" that it has happened.

If it has happened in the way described, personally I would lean towards an explanation that he is preparing to sell.

But I don't have a clue really (a) if it has happened (b ) what it might mean so sitting on one's hands and keeping calm seems in order just for now.

. Whats is meant to be happening ??

But I don't have a clue really (a) if it has happened (b ) what it might mean so sitting on one's hands and keeping calm seems in order just for now.

. Whats is meant to be happening ??

See IanRobo's blog post below:

http://www.astonvillanewsandviews.co.uk/significant-share-movement-at-villa/

Edited by briny_ear

My guess would be that the loans made from the trust in the original years are probably up for repayment, and he's introducing cash via share capital to pay them back. There might also be an element of putting in some more working capital, although in the past he has always done that 50/50 with debt and share capital. 

Or we could be putting in a bid for Suarez.... :D

My guess would be that the loans made from the trust in the original years are probably up for repayment, and he's introducing cash via share capital to pay them back. There might also be an element of putting in some more working capital, although in the past he has always done that 50/50 with debt and share capital. 

So the first part is wearing your accountants hat, the second your fan's hat? Good work sir ;-)

So the first part is wearing your accountants hat, the second your fan's hat? Good work sir ;-)

Risso is an accountant....hmmmmm. 

Risso is an accountant....hmmmmm.

I think so yes. Might be wrong though? ;-)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â