The Randy Lerner thread

CI

So many fans put so much effort in their protest against Doug and for what? Surely consecutive bottom half finishes and relegation battles wasn't what they wanted when they put that effort in. I would have thought the fact we've become even worse than when they protested would annoy them.

Exactly.

And, even though the club owed him diddly squat, Ellis took absolutely no notice of the protests, and only went when he was good and ready.

And that is what happens with owners folks. They own the club, and they can do or not do exactly what they want to.

• Like 1

1) That was from July last year.

2) The Browns have just this morning, incredibly unfairly, sacked their head coach after a year and Lerner isn't involved. The new owner's record of 1 year is far worse than every 2.8.

I stand by my assertion that RL isn't to blame for the Browns. They're just an incredibly shit franchise.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Anyone seen the trailer for a new movie called draft day? Kevin Costner plays the GM of the Cleveland browns and from the trailer the owner looks like the bad guy of the movie.

Wonder how they came up with that idea?

You wrote the screenplay? ;)

• Like 1

Anyone seen the trailer for a new movie called draft day? Kevin Costner plays the GM of the Cleveland browns and from the trailer the owner looks like the bad guy of the movie.

You did the bedroom scenes right? :-D

You did the bedroom scenes right? :-D

Arre you BJ10's protective older brother? ;)

Randy Lerner has through his last two managerial appointments managed to do something i never thought possible.

I followed Aston Villa as closely as i can for more than 30 years and Villa was my first love.

I read everything i see on the web about Villa and football in general as it's both my hobby and as it used to be a part time job.

But now, for the first time ever im starting to lose interest.

When Lerner appointed McLeish i got angry and frustrated, with Lambert it's mostly frustration, but it's slowly turning into apathy.

Lambert is the most tactically inept manager i've ever witnessed at this level and the players can't even manage to do the very basics of football.

I know Lerner won't sack Lambert, he doesn't really care anymore. It's just a bad investment and he'll get the family money back someday.

As for the standard of football, so what if we play the type of football played in Scotland in the early 90's and only win 1 in 5.

I know i won't be able to let Villa go, and i don't wan't to, but this is heartbreakingly bad

Costs down, profits up, Lerner gets a nice cheque at the end of it, we get a team in league one.

I want to go scrub that tattoo off his leg.

• Like 4

Randy Lerner has through his last two managerial appointments managed to do something i never thought possible.

I followed Aston Villa as closely as i can for more than 30 years and Villa was my first love.

I read everything i see on the web about Villa and football in general as it's both my hobby and as it used to be a part time job.

When Lerner appointed McLeish i got angry and frustrated, with Lambert it's mostly frustration, but it's slowly turning into apathy.

Lambert is the most tactically inept manager i've ever witnessed at this level and the players can't even manage to do the very basics of football.

I know Lerner won't sack Lambert, he doesn't really care anymore. It's just a bad investment and he'll get the family money back someday.

As for the standard of football, so what if we play the type of football played in Scotland in the early 90's and only win 1 in 5.

I know i won't be able to let Villa go, and i don't wan't to, but this is heartbreakingly bad

Costs down, profits up, Lerner gets a nice cheque at the end of it, we get a team in league one.

I want to go scrub that tattoo off his leg.

Regardless of the loans that need recovering, the club owes him the £133m of capital that he has put in, which will need to be recovered at the point of sale.

So for him League 1 is not an option. If he is to get out reasonably unscathed, then we need to remain a Premier League club, however bad, for a few years yet.

Expect a bit of throwing good money after bad during January.

Lose to a lower league team again and not much fuss.

Doug turned 90 and that was reason for pages of abuse.

I don't get it.

Just because people do not post all their negative thoughts about Randy Lerner on VT, does not mean they have not unleashed a mouth cannon or two regarding Lerner's ambition (lack of) and ownership.

Lose to a lower league team again and not much fuss.

Doug turned 90 and that was reason for pages of abuse.

I don't get it.

Just because people do not post all their negative thoughts about Randy Lerner on VT, does not mean they have not unleashed a mouth cannon or two regarding Lerner's ambition (lack of) and ownership.

I think allot of fans have lost the will to vent anger at Lerner. The easier option is to do it against Lambert who isn't hiding.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one. Lose on Saturday and I was in a bad mood all weekend. Tonight I am pretty much, well so what I just won't watch the news.

Sooner Lerner **** off the better.

Apologises for the bad language.

• Like 1

Â