The Randy Lerner thread

CI

he needs to shit or get off the pot, and he needs to do it quickly. transfer window opens in 3 days, we need to hit the ground running and get players in straight away and not wait until the end of Jan, thats many games away, games where we need to pick up points. this feels worse than 86/87

Won't happen, but we need £35m investment in January on some top quality players.

I agree.

When we say "the back stops with the manager", what we really should be saying is the buck stops with this man. If this is his guy, back him, properly. For all Lambert's faults and whether you agree with him staying in the job or not, Lerner also needs to show conviction, leadership.

No more half arsed measures. If Lambert is your guy and he's still mine, just, then back him. You have no choice.

• Like 1

Do we really have the right to criticise Randy Lerner?

He appoints the board and they appoint the manager, of course, but in the end we know that person has the charge of the team. Everyone were happy with Paul Lambert, but now that he is doing terrible it's suddenly Lerner's fault? Come on, if we did brilliantly it would all be Lambert and no mention of Lerner.

In terms of spending money, how are the figures for Villa compared with all the other teams? In the last 3-5 years I expect us to be quite high in that significant table, so what more can Lerner do? We don't have the right to spend 50M each and every window, we are not City or Chelsea.

The sort of players we need are the sort of players that Stoke seem to have signed over the last couple of seasons. The likes of Huth, Shawcross, Adam, N'Zonzi and Begovic are miles better than anything we have in our squad. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't even know who we would sign even if Lambert was given £35m. The fact that apparently he already has his signings lined up fills me with no confidence whatsoever. We will see the likes of Dale Stephens and Steve Morrison paraded at VP soon enough, which will only serve to further our decline into a Championship side.

He appoints the board and they appoint the manager, of course, but in the end we know that person has the charge of the team. Everyone were happy with Paul Lambert, but now that he is doing terrible it's suddenly Lerner's fault? Come on, if we did brilliantly it would all be Lambert and no mention of Lerner.

In terms of spending money, how are the figures for Villa compared with all the other teams? In the last 3-5 years I expect us to be quite high in that significant table, so what more can Lerner do? We don't have the right to spend 50M each and every window, we are not City or Chelsea.

Faulkner is as much to blame as Lerner is. He doesn't get nearly enough flack as Lerner does. Both are massive fucktards when it comes to running a football club.

Alex McLeish. That is all.

I agree.

When we say "the back stops with the manager", what we really should be saying is the buck stops with this man. If this is his guy, back him, properly. For all Lambert's faults and whether you agree with him staying in the job or not, Lerner also needs to show conviction, leadership.

No more half arsed measures. If Lambert is your guy and he's still mine, just, then back him. You have no choice.

I agree that Lerner needs to back Lambert and back him heavily both in fees and wages for players. However I am becoming increasingly worried that Lambert will spend any money he gets on young unproven players at anything like this level who have potential. That is not what we need now. Players that will take months to adjust and get up to speed with this league are useless to us given where we find ourselves. What we need is proven quality at this level. Players that will hit the ground running and make an instant impact and have some leadership qualities about them. They will cost in fees and wages. If players of that ilk are not signed we could well drop.

Edited by markavfc40

Do we know that Lambert already has his signings lined up?

Forget where I saw the quote, but he says he's got his targets, whether or not he's able to sign them or if they're any good is another thing

I heard today that we are getting free flags at one of the cup games.

Is this for the FA Cup 3rd Round with Ipswich or the League Cup Semi Final with Bradford?

If Lerner is good for anything it's giving the fans free flags and banners to wave at matches.

Hooray for Lerner.

I heard today that we are getting free flags at one of the cup games.

Is this for the FA Cup 3rd Round with Ipswich or the League Cup Semi Final with Bradford?

If Lerner is good for anything it's giving the fans free flags and banners to wave at matches.

Hooray for Lerner.

Are they going to be white ones?

The following is an extract from a Ohio newspaper written in June 2012 (it may have been posted before but I can't be bothered to go back through dozens of pages).

Randy Lerner never found the light switch as Browns owner

Published: Saturday, July 28, 2012

By Jim Ingraham

He was the straw that didn't stir the drink. Sir Fix-A-Lot. The Duke of Do-Overs. The Baron of Barren. He was the Prince of Wince, Mister Mistake, the Master of Disaster.

King Wrong.

As owner of your Cleveland Browns, he was the very embodiment of that old sporting cliché "if at first you don't succeed, fail, fail again." Randy Lerner, we hardly knew ye. We hardly knew ye because ye didn't want we to know ye. We did know ye team, however.

Yee-gads!

Perhaps the best we can say about Randy Lerner is he was the most earnest failure in the history of Cleveland sports. Try as he might — and he appeared to try with all his might — he was never quite able to figure out this whole NFL ownership thing.

In every way imaginable, he was a square peg in an oblong hole.

But even square pegs eventually run out of patience, and we are now just one agreement in principle away from Lerner's greatest contribution to the Cleveland Browns being him selling the team to Jimmy Haslam III

This is our owner folks. He is not very good at owning sporting clubs!

Lambert has already said we won't be signing anybody - it's not a priority apparently. Randy will want Paul to go with what we have. We can't buy anyone anyway - we havnt managed to sell anybody yet nor will we be able to sell any of our crap.

Lambert has already said we won't be signing anybody - it's not a priority apparently. Randy will want Paul to go with what we have. We can't buy anyone anyway - we havnt managed to sell anybody yet nor will we be able to sell any of our crap.

That comment about not buying anybody is either the biggest load of bollocks in history or the scariest load of bollocks in history!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â