The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Wow that's a massive leap of faith!

I have faith we won't be relegated, and by staying up, we get the TV loot, which I have faith that Lerner invests in the club. Not too much of a stretch...I hope.

Edited by maqroll

everyone is going to get extra tv loot, everyone will know that all clubs have a bit of extra cash, surley this will drive up the ammount of money clubs and agents will ask for their players? personally dont think that extra tv money is going to have the impact people believe

What's worrying me is the fact that Randy will know about the extra TV money next season ( I'm sure I've read that the bottom placed team next season is guaranteed at least £40M ) but won't be prepared to spend enough on both transfer fees and wages to at least give us a chance of staying up, I honestly believe that he has lost quite a significant amount of interest in the club but as stated elsewhere the club owe him too much money for him to sell at the moment, surely he's got to be wise enough to want to protect his investment by making sure we stay in the Premier League. UTV SOTC

Randy isn't going anywhere at the moment, we owe him too much money. He wouldn't get that investment back at the moment if he sold us so his best bet is to hold on, spend as little as he needs to while trying to keep us in the PL and wait for the new TV deal to kick in.

Once he has repaid the loans then I think he will walk away.

Nothing new in me saying this I've been saying it for about 3 years now but nothing I've seen in the that time has made me think any different.

I think this also.

Randy isn't going anywhere at the moment, we owe him too much money. He wouldn't get that investment back at the moment if he sold us so his best bet is to hold on, spend as little as he needs to while trying to keep us in the PL and wait for the new TV deal to kick in.

Nothing new in me saying this I've been saying it for about 3 years now but nothing I've seen in the that time has made me think any different.

How much are the loans? How much do you think the club is currently worth?

ABout 130 million loans, plus he's converted similar amounts of debt into shares - basicially that means he's paid around 130 million cash into the club, from his own funds, to write off 130 mill of debt - so in total he's currently personally about 190 mill down on the deal, and the Club (which is his) owes another 130 million to his trust. to get all that back, he'd need someone to pay around 320 million for Villa. Or 190 million, with the new owner paying back the other 130 million over the time the loans are due to be repaid.

What'd he get - well it depends, obviously, and without knowing whether a) we'll be in the Prem or Championship next year, and B) whether the accounts are now heading back towards profitability, or at least not an annual loss, it's impossible to say. But he'd be lucky IMO to get 150 million.

Even if you were to assume we stay up, and thus have guaranteed big TV money, then you can see that a very rich man/group indeed would be needed. There aren't many people around who will just throw half a billion or so at a football club - I mean what do they get for it?

Which means he'd need a buyer with something like 500 million to spend (including future TV deal money).

Thanks, Blandy. I always used take a look at our accounts and whatnot, but I lost interest a while back.

I had a rough figure in my head, but it's somewhat below the figure you're suggesting.

Basically, he's here for a long time unless there's a Mansour Mk II waiting to throw money down the drain on a football club,

ABout 130 million loans, plus he's converted similar amounts of debt into shares - basicially that means he's paid around 130 million cash into the club, from his own funds, to write off 130 mill of debt - so in total he's currently personally about 190 mill down on the deal, and the Club (which is his) owes another 130 million to his trust. to get all that back, he'd need someone to pay around 320 million for Villa. Or 190 million, with the new owner paying back the other 130 million over the time the loans are due to be repaid.

What'd he get - well it depends, obviously, and without knowing whether a) we'll be in the Prem or Championship next year, and b ) whether the accounts are now heading back towards profitability, or at least not an annual loss, it's impossible to say. But he'd be lucky IMO to get 150 million.

Even if you were to assume we stay up, and thus have guaranteed big TV money, then you can see that a very rich man/group indeed would be needed. There aren't many people around who will just throw half a billion or so at a football club - I mean what do they get for it?

Which means he'd need a buyer with something like 500 million to spend (including future TV deal money).

Sums up the mess we are in financially. Even if a rich Arab, Russian etc was interested in buying us, it's very unlikely that they would be prepared to pay these amounts considering the competition. The odds of someone coming in and enabling us to do a Man City are considerable. As hard as it is, we have to accept that there is unlikely to be any sugar daddy coming to our rescue. So we are stuck with plan A: get costs down and hope a smattering of youngsters, lower league players and the odd cheap foreigner can help us stay in the premiership till a miracle happens such as our academy finding the next Messi!

Trent I agree with almost all you say, except that even with the higher income from TV I cannot see RL's loans being repaid for decades so he will be here for a long, long time.

My trust in Lerner has pretty much gone. He came in here and got a potentially massive football club on the cheap. He has inexplicably and carelessly got us to a position where we are in huge debt - to him - and fighting relegation on an annual basis. This is poor stewardship of the highest order and what does he have to say for himself? Nothing!

Ellis was the overseer of 3 new stands being built during his time in charge and still managed to inject large figures in numerous transfer windows for the likes of Atkinson, Little and Gregory. We won a couple of cups and were challengers at the top end of the league at times. What has Lerner given us in his 6-7 years? When he goes, which I believe will be as soon as he has recovered the money owed to him, what will Aston Villa Football Club have to show for his time here? Very nice corporate hospitality areas and some nice glass windows, mosaics etc.

I wish I could see something positive coming from Lerner's tenure at our magnificent club but all I can see is relegation and the owner selling out to anyone where he can get as much of his money back as possible and swanning off into the sunset without a word spoken to us. Where will we be then? Probably facing years in the wilderness with a very young squad of average players to watch week in week out.

In Randy's time we've had 3 real good goes at qualifying for the Champions League, got to a cup final (we woz robbed), been to Wembley one other time and odds on to get to another final this season. There were consequences but we've very nearly cleared all the shit out and it seems that they're making a real effort not to make the same mistakes again. As said before Randy will not get his money back so I can't see what you say happening at all. More likely is we'll gradually add more players like Benteke over the next couple of windows as the new scouting system starts working and hopefully start to get back up the league. I'm pretty sure Randy has never had a problem paying transfer fees, it's just the wages that get spunked up the wall, so I'm sure Lambert will get backed in the right way.

Trent I agree with almost all you say, except that even with the higher income from TV I cannot see RL's loans being repaid for decades so he will be here for a long, long time.

I honestly don't think it would take that long, over the next few years should we remain in the PL I think a serious amount of the debt will be removed/repaid. I suspect this process will have started and will be shown with the next set of accounts.

the only thing he can be blamed for is the constant moaning about wanting to cut the wage bill, what a load of boring sh it now, get over it randy, players ask for alot of money over here than the crap back home they all 'football',

the one thing though is hes always backed a manager with money, oneill spent loads, wasted loads, mcleish spent a bit, asted all of it, no wonder randy didnt give him anymore money

It's his fault though. He spunked everything in 3 years, he should have spent half of what he did in the first 3 years and the second half over the next 3. Steady and stable building of the club. Nevermind, he **** it. Sell some players on and spend wisely.

**** that up by selling the players but not spending, makes two laughable hires for manager, gives them a tonne of money to go away and now we're left with ....this.

It's his own fault that he let other people waste his money. Why should anybody but himself look after HIS money? If he didn't know anything about the sport he shouldn't have bothered in the first place. Harsh, because he's done a lot of good for us. But we're in the same position now as we were before he took over except we've survived for 5 years but now we have major debt.

Yes im angry, i'll probably calm down tomorrow. But I'm so pissed off right now

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â