The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lets not forget that to break the top 4 he had to finish above teams that had years and years of constant investment.

We had the 6th highest wage bill for a few years. Whats that compared to the original sky 4? really it doesn't even come close. Go and have a look at what the original sky 4 were spending and the power they had. And people think spending a bit over a few years should put us over them? Yep didn't take city much to get into the top 4 for the first time did it? and they were coming from a similar position to us.

The way people moan it's as if lots of teams have been able to break that top 4.

like Spurs have done?

What you don't think spurs have spent much money? You don't think spurs have had years and years of constant decent investment?

Also spurs have always been a more attractive team than us.

this 6th highest wage bill to finish 6th justification is bullshit. That squad didn't come close to warranting the 6th highest wage bill in england

This is my view too... The problem was the quality of player we had whilst paying such high wages... For me the main reason we actually finished 6th was O'Niell's ability to squeeze an extra 10% out of very average players. So we were paying 6th place wages for lower mid table players in effect... But MON got them to 6th place anyways due to his extraordinary ability to motivate average players.

My view is that if he had bought better quality we could have paid 6th highest wages but finished in the top 4 places due to his ability to get a bit extra from those players.

this 6th highest wage bill to finish 6th justification is bullshit. That squad didn't come close to warranting the 6th highest wage bill in england

ERRRR as much as i didn't like the way MON developed his squad thats utter bull shit.

It finished 6th 3 times in a row. Go and look how many teams have managed that level of consistency since the prem began?

The squad got more points every season.

It finished 6th 3 times in a row. Go and look how many teams have managed that level of consistency since the prem began?

John, no point arguing with Lerners idiots mate.

Ive have just heared from the highest possible source that we are royally ****. All the apologists will be calling Lerner a word removed within the next 6 to 12 months.

Only a very few know what i have just been told. This yank word removed has really done us over.

Cant say more, so dont frigging ask. Thats how hight the info has come from,  people will instantly know where its come from,  if i a mention anything of it here. Wish i could, i cant.

Dont mind sharing with Trent or another mod, but they have to promise it goes nowhere else.

What i will say is, prominent people are not happy with Lerner. In fact they are livid that certain promises have been broken, and they feel they have been lied to.

Forget Managers and Football, this goes a lot higher ;)

I realise im going to get loads of mail saying trust me, but im not divulging this to nobody other than a mod, and only then on the promise they keep it to themselves. Besides girls and boys, all will possibly come to the fore in the summer ;)

But i repeat.

Lerners a cnut!!!!

BTW, feel free to abuse or discredit what you like. But i know, and you dont, and i will be asking for apologies when i am proved right. So you basicly discredit yourselves in the long run.

Fcuking wish i could tell you!!!!!

Sod it, its been mentioned in this very thread by a few other people. Thing is, it has been rubbished or totally ignored by those that see golden shit from Lerners arse. And though a wild guess from those whom have mentioned it, its 150% accurate.

That has close as im going.

Edited by MagicMushroom

ERRRR as much as i didn't like the way MON developed his squad thats utter bull shit.

okay, so the wages the players were on were all justified? you don't think they were incredibly overpaid based on their ability? they worked well as a unit, that's where we got the benefit of them, but individually there were only about 3-4 players under o'neill's tenure who were on realistic wages (out of the higher earners of course). compare the money the likes of dunne, collins, petrov, agbonlahor, shorey, sidwell etc were on to other players on the same amount at the same time - they're all incredibly poor value for what was paid. as a unit, they worked, like i said, but there's absolutely no justification for that squad under martin o'neill costing anywhere close to what it did in terms of wages.

i fail to see how thinking that we were overpaying players by about 40% between 2007-2010 makes anyone a lerner apologist

does that make steve sidwell worth £55k a week? or james collins £45k? or nickey shorey £40k?

I'm guessing Doug Ellis is the "source" of this information? A prominent non-football source who feels his trust in Lerner has been betrayed...

I'm guessing Lerner is going to sell the naming rights to VP, and all four stands, and that's the least of Herbert's worries?

Ive have just heared from the highest possible source that we are royally ****. All the apologists will be calling Lerner a word removed within the next 6 to 12 months.

Only a very few know what i have just been told. This yank word removed has really done us over.

Cant say more, so dont frigging ask. Thats how hight the info has come from,  people will instantly know where its come from,  if i a mention anything of it here. Wish i could, i cant.

Dont mind sharing with Trent or another mod, but they have to promise it goes nowhere else.

What i will say is, prominent people are not happy with Lerner. In fact they are livid that certain promises have been broken, and they feel they have been lied to.

Forget Managers and Football, this goes a lot higher ;)

I realise im going to get loads of mail saying trust me, but im not divulging this to nobody other than a mod, and only then on the promise they keep it to themselves. Besides girls and boys, all will possibly come to the fore in the summer ;)

But i repeat.

Lerners a cnut!!!!

BTW, feel free to abuse or discredit what you like. But i know, and you dont, and i will be asking for apologies when i am proved right. So you basicly discredit yourselves in the long run.

Fcuking wish i could tell you!!!!!

Sod it, its been mentioned in this very thread by a few other people. Thing is, it has been rubbished or totally ignored by those that see golden shit from Lerners arse. And though a wild guess from those whom have mentioned it, its 150% accurate.

That has close as im going.

Is this a parody? 

I genuinely "lol'd" at Mushroom calling people idiots and then making a post that looks like it's been written by a 5 year old on crack.

Another "itk" who doesn't actually tell us anything.

Edited by Stevo985

does that make steve sidwell worth £55k a week? or james collins £45k? or nickey shorey £40k?

Well surely if those players are contributing to a squad finishing 6th then yes. I'm sure you could look at every squad and find examples of players earning more than you think they deserve. Man city won the league last year and I doubt every player in their squad was on wages that reflected their true ability.

Also to balance it out, surely you could say that during that period players like Laursen, friedel, Dunne, Milner, young, Carew and gabby were probably not earning as much as their performances deserved.

I'm guessing Doug Ellis is the "source" of this information? A prominent non-football source who feels his trust in Lerner has been betrayed...

I'm guessing Lerner is going to sell the naming rights to VP, and all four stands, and that's the least of Herbert's worries?

I actually wouldn't be that bothered if this is what's going to happen.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â