The Randy Lerner thread

CI

he is at least making our financial survival his immediate priority, and for this we should be grateful. He can't be expected to continuously throw good money after bad in the hope that it might just work out ok. It may be hideous to watch and it should never have been allowed to happen, but I would rather have a team playing somewhere to support in 20 years time than no team at all

As the money in football increases he is gambling with the premiership status of this club.

I don't believe for one second that spending a bit more in the summer or January would have seen the financial future of the club in serious threat.

How will relegation help the financial future? Less income and no guarantee that big earners will be able to be shifted from the wage bill.

And I don't think another £10m given to Lambert would have guaranteed our survival. 

If I was Lerner I would have keept that £10m and spend it on my family as well. 

It really does...man it`s kinda worrying when you think about it. So much stuff can happen in the next couple of months really. we go down, get a shit new owner and we could be faced with becoming a championship team for quite some time, maybe even league 1. 

Thats our future under this useless owner.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I just wanted to make clear the point that he hasn't stopped funding us,

that it's fair to criticise for many things, but financial backing

isn't one of them. It's just not been true to this point, and accounts

show this.

Blandy, so the fact we failed to be able to bring in even a decent loan player in January knowing we were desperate to just survive was a sign of financial backing? Nice flags for Bradford game though, really useful they were in that match.

He has wasted money but when it was REALLY needed bottled it and leaves us in great danger of going down - for that I am not appreciative!

You've ignored virtually everything he wrote. This is why modern football sucks, and why the world economy is in such a mess. If in doubt throw some (borrowed) money at it - sod the long-term consequences, don't plan ahead or put things into a context. Most of Villa's current problems must ultimately rest at Lerner's door because he has been the man in charge and his judgement has been poor. But having inadvertently allowed others to gamble on our future existance to pamper their own egos, whilst squandering the millions and millions which he gave to them, he is at least making our financial survival his immediate priority, and for this we should be grateful. He can't be expected to continuously throw good money after bad in the hope that it might just work out ok. It may be hideous to watch and it should never have been allowed to happen, but I would rather have a team playing somewhere to support in 20 years time than no team at all

Yes I did, Lerner is not as blameless as you would like to make out. He pulled the plug at the WRONG time.

• Like 1

What's all this talk of him selling to a Canadian billionaire? Anyone know where it came from or is someone just trolling? 

I read it's from a guy who owns blackberry... god knows if that's true or not. 

What's all this talk of him selling to a Canadian billionaire? Anyone know where it came from or is someone just trolling? 

I read it's from a guy who owns blackberry... god knows if that's true or not. 

He is very wealthy.. Worth around 17.7 Billion in 2012 according to Forbes.. Someone posted he owns Reuters or something the other day?

They currently sponsor the NHL and have sponsored the Mercedes Formula 1 racing team in the past. Not sure if they still do.

Although the rumours I've seen are to do with David Thomson, who is the head of Reuters. Nothing to do with Blackberry as far as I know.

Edited by Ghost

They currently sponsor the NHL and have sponsored the Mercedes Formula 1 racing team in the past. Not sure if they still do.

Although the rumours I've seen are to do with David Thomson, who is the head of Reuters. Nothing to do with Blackberry as far as I know.

God, please be true.

Anybody but our current inept owner!

• Like 2

Would be pretty amazing but I see nothing to back up the claim, in fact the only thing I do find is that people claim its bs. But if it were to happen, I expect major changes in the way the club is run, transfers and so on. 

God, please be true.

We said that in 2006.

God, please be true.

We said that in 2006.

Yeah, but sooner or later we will get an half decent owner.  Its just when lol.

we could have Bill Gates as our owner but whilst we do things like sell Cahill and buy Davies and lose 5 million in the process... god help us.

Marlon Harewood, Makoun and **** hell this list goes on.

Its a wonder Lerner hasn't called in MI5 to investigate a conspiracy.... jesus, a joey off the terraces could have done better.

We seem hell bent on bringing in shite.

Most players get worse after a short period of arriving.

There has been the odd exception like Young, but in the main they have deteriorated.

I too am not saying Randy has been architepal perfect owner, but he has ( until he realised he is being **** over by managers with no savvy for buying and coaches with no nous for developing) made funds available.

I have to say in evidence of some of the misuse of funds I wouldn't give em another penny.

The Benteke signing should  instil a bit more confidence back in to the owner, but he will need a few more like him in other positions to repair some of the damage.

Edited by TRO

we could have Bill Gates as our owner but whilst we do things like sell Cahill and buy Davies and lose 5 million in the process... god help us.

Marlon Harewood, Makoun and **** hell this list goes on.

Its a wonder Lerner hasn't called in MI5 to investigate a conspiracy.... jesus, a joey off the terraces could have done better.

We seem hell bent on bringing in shite.

Most players get worse after a short period of arriving.

There has been the odd exception like Young, but in the main they have deteriorated.

I too am not saying Randy has been architepal perfect owner, but he has ( until he realised he is being **** over by managers with no savvy for buying and coaches with no nous for developing) made funds available.

I have to say in evidence of some of the misuse of funds I wouldn't give em another penny.

The Benteke signing should  instil a bit more confidence back in to the owner, but he will need a few more like him in other positions to repair some of the damage.

Good post, agree with a lot of it.

However, Randolph is still a cnut.

Edited by MagicMushroom

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â