The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Randolph's a clueless spoilt little rich kid who fluked out by having a billionaire for a dad. I'm pretty convinced that in most other circumstances that this serial f*ckwit would now be currently be in some crappy trailer park smacked off his tits on  crystal meth.

Wanted him out for someone richer. Now I don't give a shit if they are richer or poorer they can't possibly be worse.

You are killing my club you clueless word removed. Get OUT NOW

• Like 1

Need to **** him off ASAP as he's screwed us over.

Protests? May work but would be strange protesting when the target is 1000's of miles away knocking one out over his shit art collection.

He won't like it though - he seems a bit brittle in that respect.  Gone in 18 months - tops

We are still one of the highest spenders in the league this season. There has to be a point when the owner says enough is enough and it seems that point has been reached. 

Absolutely. Net spend of around £25m or so this season and look where it's got us. Apparently Randy knows **** all about football, which is why he's let Lambert make the signings. Now the team's still shit despite those signings it's still Randy's fault. Lambert is just naive and thinks a bunch of kids can compete in the Premier League, that's on him. No doubt if Mr. Lerner was saying you can't sign a few of those that he'd get a bollocking on here for interfering too much in transfers too.

He has pumped money in time and time again. I don't blame him for tightening the strings.

The problems inherited by Lambert are well documented and to go over it again would be tiresome. This is the new reality and we must get on with it.

Agreed.

Absolutely. Net spend of around £25m or so this season and look where it's got us. Apparently Randy knows **** all about football, which is why he's let Lambert make the signings. Now the team's still shit despite those signings it's still Randy's fault. Lambert is just naive and thinks a bunch of kids can compete in the Premier League, that's on him. No doubt if Mr. Lerner was saying you can't sign a few of those that he'd get a bollocking on here for interfering too much in transfers too.

You're forgetting that the net spend of £20+m was to restructure an entire premier league side rather than just 'add' to it. By today's standards Lambert was given a very, very difficult job.

I think the Browns spent a lot of time wanting him gone and sadly he hung around for a long time

Not really - he was only there 2002 - 2012 - been at villa 7 already - the worry is how much damage he does in his final months - there will IMO be a massive fire sale after we are relegated - lerner pockets the cash - then sells us

He has pumped money in time and time again. I don't blame him for tightening the strings.

The problems inherited by Lambert are well documented and to go over it again would be tiresome. This is the new reality and we must get on with it.

I agree. I know as fans we don't want to see the owner not investing but that has become the reality. Hopefully if Lambert can keep us up, Lerner will be willing to give him a lot of spending money in the summer. Otherwise we get relegated and Lerner will no longer have to deal with big transfers coming in. Instead he will be selling out best players and making money that way. 

This sounds ridiculous but when I see the Aston Villa crest on an official publication (like on an official tweet or something) I kind of feel a pang of hatred towards them. It's like they're North Korea or something. I feel like people on VT or other Villa fans are my brothers and it's almost us vs 'them'.

It genuinely makes me sad that I'm becoming so disillusioned by football and becoming so angry at my own club. It hasn't been this bad in my memory

• Like 1

I agree. I know as fans we don't want to see the owner not investing but that has become the reality. Hopefully if Lambert can keep us up, Lerner will be willing to give him a lot of spending money in the summer. Otherwise we get relegated and Lerner will no longer have to deal with big transfers coming in. Instead he will be selling out best players and making money that way. 

Regardless of what happens this season, Lerner needs to **** right off.

Not quite sure I understand. We are highly likely to be relegated, all of our better players will leave - we miss out on £70m TV money. I can't Lambert getting cash in August - if he wasn't given any in Jan.

Not given Lambert £10 - £15m in Jan - is an error of Mcleish proportions - don't kid yourself, its a new era, or fiscal tightening, or some well thought out strategy by the club.  Lerner and Faulkner don't have a f*n clue what they are doing.

Lerner's incompetence is astonishing. I know he inherited his money but you'd think he can't be that bad a businessman with his education and experience. Surely in any company you look at depreciation in value of things you buy. He must have been high during the first few seasons. 

This sounds ridiculous but when I see the Aston Villa crest on an official publication (like on an official tweet or something) I kind of feel a pang of hatred towards them. It's like they're North Korea or something. I feel like people on VT or other Villa fans are my brothers and it's almost us vs 'them'.

It genuinely makes me sad that I'm becoming so disillusioned by football and becoming so angry at my own club. It hasn't been this bad in my memory

Your not alone B)

To have spent what he has on our club and be in the position we are in now is nothing short of an embarrassment.

Being born a Billionaire must be great, but my god this guys an idiot. I mean, like, a real idiot.

If I saw him in the street, Id calmly walk up to him and say 'Randy, you're an idiot'.

And then he'd be all up in my grill saying 'oh, but I've tried, look at the holte pub and the new mosaic. I've pumped in lots of cash'.

But then I'd just calm him down and say 'But Randy, you're an idiot'

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â