The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Word on the radio this morning from a Journo from Birmingham, is that the wage limit is £40k for new signings and there is NO money to spend. New signing will be Bosman's, so £40k isnt going to get you alot!

That was Talkshite though, so extremely dodgy.

Word on the radio this morning from a Journo from Birmingham, is that the wage limit is £40k for new signings and there is NO money to spend. New signing will be Bosman's, so £40k isnt going to get you alot!

That was James Nursery from The Mirror. Mat Kendrick doesn't seem to go by what James says, claiming there is no wage cap during his webchat.

Why is Randy so keen to start a battle with the fans?

Would it surprise you if it were true?

I thought that too. However Alan Brazil and McLeish do know each other pretty well. Brazil said he had met up with Eck last week.

Then all of a sudden he mentions to Nursey that he had heard from a source that Villa have no money to spend this summer.

Might be crap but it is a little better than the usual Talksport bollocks.

Anyway as long as he is gone, I don't care if we sign anyone!

IF its true regarding no money and limits, we'd be better off going down this year. We'd at least be able to develop a competitive squad in the championship with bosmans and the youth, complete ( you would presume ) the necessary wage purge ) and then enable us to invest again the following season.

Maybe.

Would it surprise you if it were true?

Nope, but then I think that a lot of people would be surprised at how many premiership players aren't on £40k per week.

40k per week will get you plenty of players, thats not low wage limit. Depends what Bosmans are available.

I said ages ago that the higher earners will be moved on and replaced with European bosmans we have never heard of.

This is EXACTLY what Mcleish did after Advocaat left Rangers.

Our team next season will be the worst villa team ever. We may as well go down because next season if we stay up will be really embarrasing. I fully expecct the likes of Gabby, Bent and Dunne will join Cuellar, Heskey and Makoun in being moved on.

People lap up everything these dodgy journalists and radio presenters spout.

Maybe.

But we had no real money to spend last summer (our buys were made from player sales), no money in January. A lot of the journos got that correct.

In fact, the only person that said the manager would have financial backing was a Non-Exec Director of our Club.

I trust the journos more than the club at the minute.

Maybe.

But we had no real money to spend last summer (our buys were made from player sales), no money in January. A lot of the journos got that correct.

In fact, the only person that said the manager would have financial backing was a Non-Exec Director of our Club.

McLeish didnt spend his £18m wisely in the summer.Plus his choice of the injury prone Jenas as a loan signing was a joke.

He made 4 poor signings IMO. i dread to think what he would do with a war chest

Maybe.

McLeish didnt spend his £18m wisely in the summer.Plus his choice of the injury prone Jenas as a loan signing was a joke.

He made 4 poor signings IMO. i dread to think what he would do with a war chest

Too true!

I am also sick of the lies from the board last summer:

1) Lerner was in talks with Young to try and keep him. Offered him a new contract on the higest wages possible. Result he leaves for £17m

2) AVFC state on numerous occassions that Downing is not for sale. Result: He leaves for £20m.

What would have happened if we had kept these players, as we were told we tried to, and Young was on higher wages? Therefore if we we did sell them the manager should have been allowed to spend the full £37m.

Was he allowed to? No.

Please do not see this as a defence of Eck as he has clearly shown he has wasted £18m already.

All I am saying is that the club through its spin, lies and PR bullshit has made this great club....irrelevant.

Randy Lerner you need to wake up and sack AM now !!

We will probably need 2 points to stay up and i really cant see us getting it so...

The only way he will be sacked before the end of the season - Is if Mcleish gets wind that his sacking is imminent - He may then come to an agreement with Randy.

This happened with Billy Mcneil, (1987) slightly different as we were already down - but it got leaked to press that Ellis was going to sack him at the end of the season. To save embarrassment all round his sacking was brought forward.

Anybody else hear John Deehan on Radio WM this morning?

He reckons that Hughes & Martinez both turned down the job because they wanted to bring in their own staff but McLeish was happy to work with who was here already.

I bet he was. £2.6m a year for being shit at your job. I would have taken it too.

He is just a talentless negative mercinary. Every time he is out of work he just waves his Sir Alex Ferguson recommendation letter about.

The man is a grade A pillock.

Will be lovely when we get beat at the Hawrhorns which puts us in the relegation zone.

Anybody else hear John Deehan on Radio WM this morning?

He reckons that Hughes & Martinez both turned down the job because they wanted to bring in their own staff but McLeish was happy to work with who was here already.

I bet he was. £2.6m a year for being shit at your job. I would have taken it too.

He is just a talentless negative mercinary. Every time he is out of work he just waves his Sir Alex Ferguson recommendation letter about.

The man is a grade A pillock.

Will be lovely when we get beat at the Hawrhorns which puts us in the relegation zone.

Depends what you mean by backroom staff. If Martinez, hughes wanted to break up the academy set up - I can see Randys point.

But Mcleish did bring his own number 2 - Peter Grant - so don't think Deehan is correct. I think fiance would have been the factor myself

Wolves hot relegated on Sunday and Jez Moxey was on the local radio apologising to the fans and said mistakes had been made.

Should the worst happen I wonder how long it will take Faulkner (because it sure as shit wont be Lerner) to come on the radio and apologise?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â