The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Not sure if I've forgotten history or Taylor has but didn't o'neil take a 16th place side to 6th in his 1st season when he wasn't greatly backed financially? I may be forgetting but wasn't that season built on freebies like agathe etc.

Not meaning to praise o'neil but point out that mcleish has failed to get anywhere near the 1st season with same restrictions and previous poor season by the team the year before.

1st post so go easy on me

What an excellent point. Completely missed by the media and Sir Graham. It was 11th place, but still far better than we are going to achieve with this muppet in charge. Welcome to the board TLS, keep making sense like that and you'll soon be a Mod!!

Two year deal, that's quite short for a player his age, a three year deal with a slight pay cut would have been acceptable. Or the one year roller would have been ideal.

Not sure if I've forgotten history or Taylor has but didn't o'neil take a 16th place side to 6th in his 1st season when he wasn't greatly backed financially? I may be forgetting but wasn't that season built on freebies like agathe etc.

Not meaning to praise o'neil but point out that mcleish has failed to get anywhere near the 1st season with same restrictions and previous poor season by the team the year before.

1st post so go easy on me

What an excellent point. Completely missed by the media and Sir Graham. It was 11th place, but still far better than we are going to achieve with this muppet in charge. Welcome to the board TLS, keep making sense like that and you'll soon be a Mod!!

You mean keep making sense like that and he will be slaughtered! :winkold:

To be fair, I was only thinking about tomorrow's MON return and the reception he will get. My Brother and I had a chat about it the other night and he said that we would give anything to have MON and the 6th place finishes back now. To which I replied that we are in such financial troubles because of him and the wated money on crap signings. We both concluded that it is Lerner who is to blame for that.

Let's think about this for a minute. Does anyone actually know for 100% sure why MON left Villa 5 days before the start of a season? I don't recall it ever being officially announced why he did it so as far as I am concerned we should really wait for the facts to come to light before slagging the man off. How do we know he wasn't sacked by Lerner for something he said or did? In which case, who is the bad guy then?

1st post so go easy on me ��

You mean keep making sense like that and he will be slaughtered! :winkold:

To be fair, I was only thinking about tomorrow's MON return and the reception he will get. My Brother and I had a chat about it the other night and he said that we would give anything to have MON and the 6th place finishes back now. To which I replied that we are in such financial troubles because of him and the wated money on crap signings. We both concluded that it is Lerner who is to blame for that.

Let's think about this for a minute. Does anyone actually know for 100% sure why MON left Villa 5 days before the start of a season? I don't recall it ever being officially announced why he did it so as far as I am concerned we should really wait for the facts to come to light before slagging the man off. How do we know he wasn't sacked by Lerner for something he said or did? In which case, who is the bad guy then?

Pat Murphy said on 5Live a couple of months back that O'Neill wanted to buy Scott Parker with the Milner money and Randy refused. He didn't say how Stephen Ireland fitted into the scenario but according to him that is why O'Neill walked.

Not sure how much Parker would have cost in August 2010 but I reckon it would have been £10m+ given West Ham were still in the PL he would've wanted big wages too I'd imagine.

Didn't Lerner become a Villa fan while he was at Cambridge University?

Meaning he has never actually lived in Birmingham.

Maybe this would this explain why he did not understand why you simply do not appoint the Blues manager to take over at Villa.

If MON hasn't got the decency to tell us the truth about why he walked out on us 5 days before the start of a season, which then set in motion two catastrophic managerial appointments by Lerner and the disastrous seasons that resulted, then he deserves any amount of stick and grief that may come his way!

He couldnt say or reveal too much before because of the tribunal. And after the tribunal, I guess he just wants to move on with his life and career so does not see any reason to talk about it.

He couldnt say or reveal too much before because of the tribunal. And after the tribunal, I guess he just wants to move on with his life and career so does not see any reason to talk about it.

Well that's his choice. And it is the choice of the fans as to whether to give him stick or not.

If he can't be bothered to let Villa fans know the truth now that he has fleeced us for a fortune in compensation then so be it.

Didn't Lerner become a Villa fan while he was at Cambridge University?

Meaning he has never actually lived in Birmingham.

Maybe this would this explain why he did not understand why you simply do not appoint the Blues manager to take over at Villa.

In fairness this is bullsh1t.

If the likes of Wenger was managing the Blouse and we poached him….All of us would be delirious with delight. FACT!

Actually even thinking about the scenario funny :lol:

If MON hasn't got the decency to tell us the truth about why he walked out on us 5 days before the start of a season, which then set in motion two catastrophic managerial appointments by Lerner and the disastrous seasons that resulted, then he deserves any amount of stick and grief that may come his way!

Neither MON or the Club can discuss the circumstances that led to his departure. The settlement will have included a massive confidentiality clause and penalties should either side breach it.

MON gets to pocket the cash, and left us with his reputation in tact.... to talk now would mean he'd have to return the money. Its not in his interest.

The club won't do it as likely MON could re-sue for the original matter since the club would have broken the terms of the settlement.

Maybe there was some sort of legal clause written up that says he wouldn't get a penny if.he told what happened? I would keep quiet if it meant pocketing a mill or two!

Maybe there was some sort of legal clause written up that says he wouldn't get a penny if.he told what happened? I would keep quiet if it meant pocketing a mill or two!

Nothing to stop him telling all after he has been paid or even better, telling someone else discretely so that they can leak it. There are ways and means of getting information into the public domain without any comeback on the originator. The government do it all the time.

Anyway, he has arrived, he walks amongst us once again. The beatification process can begin.....

Who has ?

Don't tell me Randy is going to watch the villa match ?

I hope Lerner is at the Sunderland game. That way we can get 3 hated figures in one go and who knows, Faulkner may be there as well so it will be a 'Full House'.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â