The Randy Lerner thread

CI

It might be a painful analogy at the moment, but it's made me think .... if a person has cancer then action and treatment is immediate, and because of the speed of reaction it is often effective. If a club clearly has a serious and potentially dangerous football health problem, then ignoring the symptoms could prove fatal. Prompt action is needed Randy, the day after this season ends.

This is similar to what I said 2 pages back. The longer Mcleish stays the bigger the mess will get, and then the harder it will be to rectify the situation when he does leave. He needs to leave on May 18th. And Randy can bugger off too.

The cancer was cut out summer 2010. It is the secondaries that we are suffering from now.

To be honest I dont think he needs to be physically at the games, if he is watching them on TV, that is almost as good.
I think a lot of fans have been thinking that about their own attendance this season - probably more will next season!

It might be a painful analogy at the moment, but it's made me think .... if a person has cancer then action and treatment is immediate, and because of the speed of reaction it is often effective. If a club clearly has a serious and potentially dangerous football health problem, then ignoring the symptoms could prove fatal. Prompt action is needed Randy, the day after this season ends.

This is similar to what I said 2 pages back. The longer Mcleish stays the bigger the mess will get, and then the harder it will be to rectify the situation when he does leave. He needs to leave on May 18th. And Randy can bugger off too.

The cancer was cut out summer 2010. It is the secondaries that we are suffering from now.

Im not going to get into a MON debate. I think he made many mistakes but the good slightly outweighs the bad. Either way he is better then the clowns we have had since. But one things for sure, things are going to get worse before they get better.

"'I'm what you call the custodian. There have been plenty of custodians of Aston Villa since 1874 and if I can't make it work, I will do what the others did, move on and let someone else try."'

Lerner - August 2nd 2006

Well you didnt make it work, so move on and let someone else try.

To be honest I dont think he needs to be physically at the games, if he is watching them on TV, that is almost as good.
I think a lot of fans have been thinking that about their own attendance this season - probably more will next season!
if a multi millionaire owner of a multi million £ business can't be arsed I don't see why I should in my considerably more meargre financial position - but of course to some thats means I am not a real supporter, but clearly there are many that will back me up as it seems they are only too keen to back RL for being a stay away owner

I wonder what Lerner is actually thinking at the moment about the whole situation, would he be thinking damn I've made a colossal cock up here appointing McLeish and we've a real chance of getting relegated, or would he be so stupid in thinking that this season is merely a blip and that McLeish will have us much higher up the League next season if we survive.

Here's hoping he's not thinking we'll get a good draft pick for finishing near the bottom of the league like they do across the pond.

What a horrible analogy this is from start to finish especially with the current Petrov situation.

What a horrible anology this is from start to finish.

indeed, especially when there are calls for the chemotherapy to be Steve Bruce....

indeed, especially when there are calls for the chemotherapy to be Steve Bruce....

hillarious. :bonk:

Odd that you agree yet join in with it.

Our skipper is currently undergoing treatment for cancer and people are banding around these sort of analogies.

Nice.

Lerner still has his supporters, amazes me really but each to their own I guess. Foe me I just cannot believe that anyone who supports Lerner would have done so 5 years ago if you would have told them then that we would be in this position today?

hillarious. :bonk:

Odd that you agree yet join in with it.

Our skipper is currently undergoing treatment for cancer and people are banding around these sort of analogies.

Nice.

Was there a smiley after it?

Everyone is affected by cancer, it is a part of everyday life (and death unfortunately)

But then some people just prefer to wallow in the general misfortunes of others, rather than looking on the bright side.

Lerner still has his supporters, amazes me really but each to their own I guess. Foe me I just cannot believe that anyone who supports Lerner would have done so 5 years ago if you would have told them then that we would be in this position today?

I guess that you would pin me down as a supporter, because I am not an overt critic, and VT has a habit of pigeon holing people.

I am grateful to Mr Lerner for arresting the decay at the club.

I think that he took advice for the appointment but made a mistake with his first manager in giving him too much control ("focus on Martin O'Neill")

I think that he took advice and made a very qualified appointment in his second manager, but was very unlucky.

I think that his third manager was a ridiculous appointment.

Ultimately the present state of the club is down to him. Others have had a big part in it, but at all times he could have removed their influence.

But he owns it, no one (apparently) wants to buy it, so it is his job to get us out of it.

Does that make me a supporter?

It makes you whatever you want. If I was looking to you specifically for an answer I would have posted "thetrees as a support of Lerner tell me was this what you were expecting 5 years ago" or something like that, I didn't as my post was not directed at anyone more a general observation. Plus if I was looking to you for an answer I would ask the question again, as you have not really answered it ;-)

It makes you whatever you want. If I was looking to you specifically for an answer I would have posted "thetrees as a support of Lerner tell me was this what you were expecting 5 years ago" or something like that, I didn't as my post was not directed at anyone more a general observation. Plus if I was looking to you for an answer I would ask the question again, as you have not really answered it ;-)

I'm a Villa supporter, and for me the Villa is bigger than any chairman, owner, player or, especially, team manager.

I just want us to play decent, entertaining football and win a few games. The last dozen years appears to have dictated that we can't have the former, and the present situation appears to be that we can't have either.

I'm a Villa supporter, and for me the Villa is bigger than any chairman, owner, player or, especially, team manager.

Are you aware you've accidentally put owner and chairman in that list?

Surely you don't think the club is bigger than Mr Lerner. That's why you defend him and blame everyone else for our problems.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â