The Randy Lerner thread

CI

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Somewhere deep in the midlands Nicky Keyes just pulled the data plug out of the office phone.

Damn, beat me to it.  Although I did manage a cheeky go at this joke in his dedicated thread :lol:

• Like 1

Esteemed Leader Kim Jong 11 Lerner
March 2016

Comrades Fox and Amstadt have been 'removed' for their anti-republic crushing manoeuvres with immediate effect. The appointment of the friend of my esteemed father Kim Jung 1 Lerner; Comrade General Krulak is a sign of our commitment to the republic of the Aston Villa corporation. 

Great Comrade Krulak is a peerless warrior and faux Villan who was at the vanguard of the Aston Villa revolution in 2006, which was arduous and full of trials, and continued to embroider the entire course of our noble revolutionary lives with an ardent love for and the lofty devotion to the republic. 

Criticism of the regime will not be tolerated. Public protests will be crushed! 
Edited by MikeMcKenna

I think the fans at the game need to develop a specific chant aimed directly at Lerner. How's about the Tears For Fears classic, Shout? Just change it to OUT. 

Out, out, get the **** out. (or, Lerner get out) 

Lerner's someone we can do without, 

Jog on, we're talking to you, jog on. (or, move on, we're talking to you, move on) 

A large section of the crowd belting that out might make the feelings felt. 

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of Lerner. But unless we get a oil Billionaire, or someone who just wants to throw money at us, I think we will be more in the shit with a new owner, than we are now. In reality, we are in a very precarious position, we aren't making any money and we need a new owner to come in and keep us afloat, even before he looks at changing the squad.

We can shout for Lerner out all we want, but he is keeping our heads above water at the moment, take that from under us, and we will definately be League 1 amateurs.

Think of it this way. Are we 100% guaranteed that any new owner that came in, when we finally hit the championship, will fight as hard as (hopefully) we will to get us out of it. Or will they be happy staying in that league, running us as a profitable business. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not a fan of Lerner. But unless we get a oil Billionaire, or someone who just wants to throw money at us, I think we will be more in the shit with a new owner, than we are now. In reality, we are in a very precarious position, we aren't making any money and we need a new owner to come in and keep us afloat, even before he looks at changing the squad.

We can shout for Lerner out all we want, but he is keeping our heads above water at the moment, take that from under us, and we will definately be League 1 amateurs.

Think of it this way. Are we 100% guaranteed that any new owner that came in, when we finally hit the championship, will fight as hard as (hopefully) we will to get us out of it. Or will they be happy staying in that league, running us as a profitable business. 

You are right about the Billionaire bit to win the league or qualify for CL

As weve seen, a billionaire who hasnt got a clue can also get you relegated.

So sod the Title or CL for now. Get a board, staff, manager & players that can 1) stop the slide 2) get us back in PL 3) consolidate us in the PL.

Thats a 3/5 year plan for starters at least.

If RL sells us within that time or shortly after we can breath a big sigh of relief.

I'd start worrying about a new owner once it becomes a possibility

• Like 2

The Krulak thing worries me.

I actually love the Football Board idea, and I'm sure that's Hollis' idea rather than Lerner as it's far too sensible.

But having Krulak on the actual board sounds like Lerner doesn't quite trust everyone as much as he says he does to run the club, and Krulak is his eyes and ears to run everything back up the ladder to Lerner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The Krulak thing worries me.

I actually love the Football Board idea, and I'm sure that's Hollis' idea rather than Lerner as it's far too sensible.

But having Krulak on the actual board sounds like Lerner doesn't quite trust everyone as much as he says he does to run the club, and Krulak is his eyes and ears to run everything back up the ladder to Lerner.

I think Krulak is an arse. But you have to remember, you'll have a rat in all big businesses even if he is there just to report back to the owners.

Makes me laugh every time I read someone say 'Lerner has finally got us relegated just like he wanted'

You seriously think Lerner is running the club into the ground on purpose? Is he bollocks. He is a fan of the club, he wants us to succeed, he's just been totally inept at doing that. The last thing he wants to see is us relegated and become a joke of a club. Just because it is happening don't mistake that for what he wants to happen.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â