The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Terry, can I quote Ron Bendall, he was always in the IOM, But we still managed great success despite him.

HDE was always accused of interfering, so he was never welcome.

Further more if Cloughie was alive and with us.........I'm sure he would be highly delighted with RL's Absence. Thats the way he liked to manage.

Our problem is ....We can't find people to do the job in many posts.....I'll bet they put up a good shout in their interviews.

I accept that there is many factors contributing to our demise, but I also think some are more pronounced than others and some are more cosmetic than status threatening.

ps If he hired the right people they run the club

pps  Daniel Levy runs Spurs for Joe Walsh.....In terms of discipline he doesn't look the sort to **** with.

Thats my point though....Levy runs it for Walsh yes, but Walsh IS ' connected' to Spurs, he is absent physically, but present in every other way....Levy is a capable guy but reflects and disseminates Walsh's ethos/wants/culture call it whatever. The people Lerner has appointed likewise reflect and disseminate HIS ethos/culture whatever.

An owner can be 'absent' yet very present. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

equally, I have to duck out on the accountancy 1) I haven't got a handle on it sufficiently to debate 2) I find it boring....... with the football side catching up very fast.lol

I think to get RL to do a Jack Hayward is wishful thinking Terry

He doesn't need to do a "full Hayward".

It's just that it is sometimes painted out that he is as stuck as we are....but he simply isn't. All he needs to do to relieve himself of what is clearly a burden to him, and at the same time honour the pledge he gave when he took over, is reduce the price to whatever gets a sale. OK, so hell be down to his last couple of hundred million, but if, as he claims, he is both a fan and a custodian, he would do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Lerner is definitely worse than Doug. Lerner has the resources to ensure this shouldn't have happened.

I know its all opinions but it really beats me how anyone can any longer dispute this. 

Isn't anyone else even a little scared about what type of owner we get in next? Despite the obvious cluster **** were in at the moment, it is possible to be much worse.

We did spend 50 million pounds on players the the last transfer window, its just a shame we spent it on a group of players who can't play together.

The evil you know is better than the one you don't. If we had a potential buyer showing real interest in taking over and investing to move the club forward who's only issue is Lerner's asking price, then we'd have every right to cuss Lerner out until the cows come home.

We just need to hope Lerner doesn't really throw the towel in and we end up with 3 indonesians wanted in 5 countries for embezzling as owners.

Bottom line I agree Lerner is shit, but there is a lot more shit out there than what we currently have.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Isn't anyone else even a little scared about what type of owner we get in next? Despite the obvious cluster **** were in at the moment, it is possible to be much worse.

We did spend 50 million pounds on players the the last transfer window, its just a shame we spent it on a group of players who can't play together.

The evil you know is better than the one you don't. If we had a potential buyer showing real interest in taking over and investing to move the club forward who's only issue is Lerner's asking price, then we'd have every right to cuss Lerner out until the cows come home.

We just need to hope Lerner doesn't really throw the towel in and we end up with 3 indonesians wanted in 5 countries for embezzling as owners.

Bottom line I agree Lerner is shit, but there is a lot more shit out there than what we currently have.

I really don't follow this line. HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT GET?? 

• Like 1

Two quick answers to two repeated questions;

How can Lerner be worse than Ellis? Because he has/had the means both personally and in this era of money in football to find it comparatively easy not to get us relegated. Even a below average amount of planning and common sense means some clubs genuinely are too big to be relegated when money is so awash in the league as it is now. We should by rights be miles ahead of at least half the league on income and expenditure and therefore success. It's a harder to fail now than it was in the 80s yet Lerner's done it.

Isn't it better to stick with the devil you know? To me, I always find this an odd thought process - if your life is awful do you just accept it because it could be worse? If you're getting beaten up by your partner do you stay with them because a future one might murder you?! No, you fight for change. It MIGHT turn out worse but if you hate where you are then there is little to lose. Any change in any walk of life is a gamble, partner, job, new car! But if you don't like something you don't look for the tiniest crumbs of positives to give you an excuse because the chance is there is something worse. But maybe you stayed with your first partner,  are still in the same job, never moved house... change is scary...

• Like 1

Saw a petition to get Randy Lerner out, on Twitter yesterday. Funny. It's like the guy on Titanic who shouted 'Iceberg right ahead', too little, far too late.

p.s. **** word removed Lerner. I still remember when his right hand puppet offered to meet me for a punch up when I called him and Lerner liars. You pair of lying words removed!

Edited by DK82

14 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Saw a petition to get Randy Lerner out, on Twitter yesterday. Funny. It's like the guy on Titanic who shouted 'Iceberg right ahead', too little, far too late.

Football doesn't end in the championship. Might be too late to save us from relegation, but could get a lot worse throughout time with him in charge. 

I'm looking at Fulham and Forest who have recently had new owners and have been just as bad as Lerner when it comes to making decisions and neither look like getting promotion anytime soon either. Grass isn't always greener but I can understand it's getting to the point when change is very much needed and I'm for it but those that think can get it any worse it very much can under any ownership including the current one.

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

Cuts don't end in the championship. 

There we go, all ready for Lerner. His brief for 2016-17!

Edited by DK82

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â