The Randy Lerner thread

CI

you were trying to argue about us being a big club if you can't understand what makes a big club then you're knackered. We are in the top 10 for global tv audiences. I know it doesn't suit your negative view where we are now but its a fact. As for our home attendances I think we've won 17 home games in 4 years so to even get 35000 average is for me a good achievement as what's on offer is crap. 

Can you show us the source for this because according to the last one I've seen on this subject, albeit for the prev season, we weren't top 10 even in the premier league alone. 

I'm going off of what ToFox said preseason. We have a wider global audience than Bayern Munich and come behind 6 PL teams and the 2 spanish ones. He mentioned it when talking about sponsorship deals etc if he'd have made it up it would've been picked up on then. 

Randolph Lerner I just want it to be known that I despise you for what you have done to the football club that I love. Aston Villa Football Club is a wreck right now. God only knows the depths to which we will sink under your ownership. 

When you finally get your wish and sell this famous club, I hope the shame of what you leave behind haunts you forever. IF you are a genuine fan, something that is very questionable, you should feel ashamed. 

• Like 3

I get the impression some people would say that Lerner could take us down to the 4th league and Ellis would still be worse, as some sort of justification that they hate Ellis fearing that to say otherwise would make people think they rate Ellis just a little bit and they literally cannot bring themselves to say anything positive about Ellis even rating him higher in a two horse race.

i wanted Ellis out as much as the next man and no way am I saying I want him back. He was a bad owner and I took part in meetings and marches to try and facilitate his removal. However we won things , we competed, we regularly achieved top half finishes and when he came to actually wanting to sell us there were willing buyers. Since then the money in the league has gone mental. We are one of the top twenty teams in the country which has the richest league in the world . We are in the top division in that country and the biggest club in its regional area . Lerner has taken all of that and made us unsellable. In addition to that we will be going into our fifth season now of dropping out of the top league and this year many observers agree we will fail to survive. So we have not grown as a club.

for me he is worse than Ellis who himself was a poor owner.

• Like 3

Nowhere near as bad as ellis

European cup winners to relegation in five years because of his bitterness, arrogance, whatever you want to call it, having spoken to a few of the European cup winning team it's a real eye opener on Ellis, several of them claim he split the team on purpose because he didn't like them around because he had nothing to do with our success and was convinced he could do better, absolute fool

Your argument is also flawed, it's because of all that money that Lerner isn't interested and we are unsellable, no football club is getting bought right now, plenty of good articles out there as to why, mainly by Martin Samuel, who in their right mind would by a football club right now? Until the current financial rules are abolished we have 0% chance of success,that's not lerners fault, he saw it coming, he voted against it, unfortunately he's childishly thrown his toys out of the pram after but that doesn't make him anywhere near what Ellis did to us

• Like 2

This again! Okay, so Lerner has owned us for nine years and we've had four seasons of stuggle, but in the first nine years of Ellis' rein we got relegated twice. When we finally got ourselves back together as a fooball club it culminated in us winning the European cup. Ellis returned in 1982 but by the 87/88 season, we were relegated to division two. Aside from the relegation, Ellis tried to ignore our greatest day in our history and any reference to it was removed from Villa Park. That in itself is FAR worse than anything Lerner has managed. FAR, FAR worse. 

Then Ellis finally won us something after his 18th/19th year of ownership and then again a couple of years later, but in over thirty years of ownership, he only delivered two league cups and only got us "competing" in spells. It was MUCH easier in those days because the game wasn't so money driven. We could have kicked on a number of times, but the penny pinching failed to take us to the next level. 

As as for making us unsellable, there are a number of clubs whose owners would listen to a reasonable offer, but none are changing hands at the moment; it is not specific to Aston Villa. No PL club has been sold since Khan bought Fulham a few years ago. 

So Lerner is not worse than Ellis. Unless you truly believe that merely struggling in the top flight is worse than actual relegation THREE times coupled with one of the biggest falls from grace in the history of English football. 

• Like 2

We're consistently worse off than that final year under Doug and that's just depressing. It was also something I didn't think was possible for a club like ourselves. It takes a high level of incompetence to do what Lerner has done to us. 

More heat needs to be put on this prick at every game, IMO.

LERNER OUT banners should be raised every week that he continues to destroy the club.

As clueless and ineffective as Sherwood/Lambert/McLeish were, the buck stops with Lerner. 

He needs to go, NOW

LERNER OUT banners should be raised every week that he continues to destroy the club.

As clueless and ineffective as Sherwood/Lambert/McLeish were, the buck stops with Lerner. 

He needs to go, NOW

I would love for this to happen. But if he's put the club up for sale what's the point?

He needs to go, NOW

He wants to go. He'd probably be waving the banners with us.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â