The Randy Lerner thread

CI

An Irish Journo (who's a villa fan IIRC) was on the radio last night saying the apparently Lerner had all but shaken hands on a deal to sell the club to a consortium last summer but backed out at the last minute when he thought the club would be worth a lot more after the new TV deal. Not sure how well sourced his info is but I thought it was interesting.

Krulak can defend Lerner's intentions all he wants. I don't think either seem to grasp that just because he has in the past dedicated personal resources to the club, it doesn't mean he has done so wisely and most certainly has proven he knows absolutely nothing about how to run a football club.

I don't care if Villa fans are seen as ungrateful, he has run us into the ground through wave after wave of stupidity.

• Like 2

I think the TV deal had something to do with him chilling out with the sale if the club. A man in his financial position would have known about this sooner than us.

I think providing we stay up, a lot more interest will be generated thanks to tv deal. lerner will definitely want more now

My other half works for a company that was bought out by Americans and, ever since, the new owners have done nothing but make redundancies and cut-backs. They've basically asset stripped the company and virtually gotten rid of all the staff. They've recently announced the purchase of another competitor and there's no doubt the outcome will be the same there too.

It seems to me that Lerner seemed to think that he would make a load of money out of the Villa and when he realised it wasn't going to happen that's when he stopped the funding for players. Now, it seems like he will get every penny out of us that he can before allowing us to move forward under someone else's ownership.

all krulak does is dragging villas name through the dirt. does he actually do anything? except behaving like a dick?

With quotes like that he's most certainly not adding anything to the valuation of AVFC, which is what his Lord and Saviour is prioritising currently.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

My other half works for a company that was bought out by Americans and, ever since, the new owners have done nothing but make redundancies and cut-backs. They've basically asset stripped the company and virtually gotten rid of all the staff. They've recently announced the purchase of another competitor and there's no doubt the outcome will be the same there too.

It seems to me that Lerner seemed to think that he would make a load of money out of the Villa and when he realised it wasn't going to happen that's when he stopped the funding for players. Now, it seems like he will get every penny out of us that he can before allowing us to move forward under someone else's ownership.

Hmm, this almost reads like a slightly stereotyping, old-school view of American corporatism, and I think it's worryingly outdated, although I am probably over-reacting, too. I wouldn't put Lerner in that category, frankly. He inherited his assets, and he's not really that ruthless. If you want to get a sense of him, imagine a kind of non-confrontational and even very shy child of wealth who is pretty family oriented and just trying to his legacy from falling apart but not without a sense of feeling for those affected by/working at his companies. He's exceptionally passive rather than some dark, Machiavellian figure. 

And I don't want to pick an off-topic fight, but if you think British and European-headquartered companies are somehow less cutthroat, you are mistaken, as I'm, sure most on this board would agree. British-Dutch Unilever has been slashing jobs all over the place here. We in the US are more and more at the mercy of companies based abroad, esp. Britain, Germany, and -- believe it or not -- Mexico. All over the world, the super-consolidated wealthy have workers by the scruff.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 3

Hmm, this almost reads like a slightly stereotyping, old-school view of American corporatism, and I think it's worryingly outdated, although I am probably over-reacting, too. I wouldn't put Lerner in that category, frankly. He inherited his assets. And I don't want to pick an off-topic fight, but if you think British and European-headquartered companies are somehow less cutthroat, you are mistaken, as I'm, sure most on this board would agree. British-Dutch Unilever has been slashing jobs all over the place here. We in the US are more and more at the mercy of companies based abroad, esp. Britain, Germany, and -- believe it or not -- Mexico. All over the world, the super-consolidated wealthy have workers by the scruff.

Not anti American in the slightest. I stated a fact about my girlfriend's employment situation and I speculated, as have many others, about Randy Lerner's affairs at AVFC.

I am also employed by American owners and haven't said anything bad about them, which I guess I would have done had I been anti American corporations.

And yeah, I agree with you about wealthy businessmen and women having the workers by the scruff. There are masses of us who fall into that category!

Edited by villarocker

Hmm, this almost reads like a slightly stereotyping, old-school view of American corporatism, and I think it's worryingly outdated, although I am probably over-reacting, too. I wouldn't put Lerner in that category, frankly. He inherited his assets. And I don't want to pick an off-topic fight, but if you think British and European-headquartered companies are somehow less cutthroat, you are mistaken, as I'm, sure most on this board would agree. British-Dutch Unilever has been slashing jobs all over the place here. We in the US are more and more at the mercy of companies based abroad, esp. Britain, Germany, and -- believe it or not -- Mexico. All over the world, the super-consolidated wealthy have workers by the scruff.

Not anti American in the slightest. I stated a fact about my girlfriend's employment situation and I speculated, as have many others, about Randy Lerner's affairs at AVFC.

I am also employed by American owners and haven't said anything bad about them, which I guess I would have done had I been anti American corporations.

As I said, probably over-reacting! I have that tendency lol!

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

If you want to get a sense of him, imagine a kind of non-confrontational and even very shy child of wealth who is pretty family oriented and just trying to his legacy from falling apart but not without a sense of feeling for those affected by/working at his companies. He's exceptionally passive rather than some dark, Machiavellian figure. 

Arrested-development_(7).jpg ?

• Like 2

An Irish Journo (who's a villa fan IIRC) was on the radio last night saying the apparently Lerner had all but shaken hands on a deal to sell the club to a consortium last summer but backed out at the last minute when he thought the club would be worth a lot more after the new TV deal. Not sure how well sourced his info is but I thought it was interesting.

Link to the article please?

Link to the article please?

;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â