The Randy Lerner thread

CI

People do have short memories on Ellis, the man who couldn't find the cash to buy Erik Bakke.

as opposed to lerner the man who couldnt afford to give us some cash in the january windows to try and help against relegation

People do have short memories on Ellis, the man who couldn't find the cash to buy Erik Bakke.

as opposed to lerner the man who couldnt afford to give us some cash in the january windows to try and help against relegation
No no no, not couldn't afford. He chose not to. The same way he chose not the previous January and the one before that. Edited by Big_John_10

I've not said one is better than the other however claiming Doug to be some sort of God's gift as a chairman is utter nonsense.

• Like 1

I've not said one is better than the other however claiming Doug to be some sort of God's gift as a chairman is utter nonsense.

Happens all the time.

"At least Doug kept us in the black"

"Doug wouldn't stand for this!"

Any other cliches?

Happens all the time.

Any other cliches?

"What do you mean by that?" ?

Happens all the time.

Any other cliches?

"What do you mean by that?" ?

Don't recall that being a Doug Ellis cliche.

When he sold up we were without doubt in a worse position than the current situation.

Is that true?

I'd say we have a worse squad. DOL was sacked and we've got a manager most fans can't stand. On top of that we've just had a season much worse than Doug's final year.

No no no, not couldn't afford. He chose not to. The same way he chose not the previous January and the one before that.

Just checking did we get relegated? And I thought we brought 2 players in in January? One a first choice LB. And another a back up striker who hardly played. Unless they played for nothing of course.

Anyone said Ellis is gods gift?

Only Doug himself oh and he claims God said it to him during one of their 'little chats'

• Like 1

key being claiming to be some sort of God's gift. Never actually said someone said it.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Both our last two chairman have made mistakes and let the club down in one form or another. Whether it be on purpose or by a lack of judgement. We should be far better run than we have been and be in a far better place than we are. Thirty odd years of near misses and maybes ifs and buts isn't really good enough. Eighteen year since our last trophy and never making the CL is utter failure for us.

Lerner needs to pull a rabbit out the hat on this one as we have a very similar doomed feeling around the club at the moment as when Ellis finally stepped aside. A protracted amount of time in limbo will demoralise the whole club IMO we need to see some positive news in the next few weeks. I still find the tone of Lerner statement, and subsequently Krulak, rather odd. He could have just said I am in the process of finding a new buyer for the club as I wish to have more time to pursue other interests away from Villa. Why the rambling self pity with odd references to biblical figures I will never know. 

• Like 1

Ellis vs Lerner is basically an argument over which steaming pile of human shit smells worse. Does it matter at this stage?

Depends if you're 'Dr'. Gilian McKeith or not.

I like this quote from her Wiki, regarding her "title": "One of the earliest criticisms focuses on McKeith's diploma in nutrition from American Association of Nutritional Consultants. In 2004, the same diploma was also awarded, upon application and payment, to Ben Goldacre's dead cat Henrietta."

When he sold up we were without doubt in a worse position than the current situation.

Is that true?

I'd say we have a worse squad. DOL was sacked and we've got a manager most fans can't stand. On top of that we've just had a season much worse than Doug's final year.

Our squad was much better back then. We had Laurson, Mellberg, Bouma, Barry, Cahill. Those are the ones i can remember from the top of my head.

• Like 2

No no no, not couldn't afford. He chose not to. The same way he chose not the previous January and the one before that.
Just checking did we get relegated? And I thought we brought 2 players in in January? One a first choice LB. And another a back up striker who hardly played. Unless they played for nothing of course.

Are you really defending the level of investment given to the manager the past few January windows?

Is that true?

Making assumptions.

Happens all the time.

Any other cliches?

Except - He DIDN'T keep us in the black - in the Dark perhaps (as he treated us fans with utter contempt - the man on the terrace). He presided over a club making losses and STILL paid himself bonus after bonus because he was majority shareholder.

Another one - 'He loves the Villa' sure for a guy on the board of SHA before Villa! I bet he wasn't even a fan before and only loved Villa for what he could get out of it. If he did - why resent the European Champs and never honour them? 

Â