The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If someone like the Dalian Wanda Group was to buy a club like Southampton some of us would be sad, wishing they'd have bought ourselves instead because we know they'd find away around the FFP.

My expectation is that we have a buyer in place as long as we stay up. I think once we are safe, we'll begin to get the first trickles of news about the imminent sale of the club. 

My expectation is that we have a buyer in place as long as we stay up. I think once we are safe, we'll begin to get the first trickles of news about the imminent sale of the club.

Pretty much what I heard a few months back, have doubted it a little since then mind.

You can mention EU rules if you like but the fact of the matter is the clubs don't feel the same as you as they have been working towards being compliant for years.

This to me suggests they think that you are wrong.

Pretty much what I heard a few months back, have doubted it a little since then mind.

My expectation is that Randy Lerner is going nowhere and, just to save the trolls, that includes coming here to watch a game.

Who is going to stump up £200m for the Villa?

An NFL owner whose club is worth $1billion is my guess

I don't think it would be somebody who already owns a big sports franchise.

I believe a club should run on the funds it earns from it's own success. The owner should give clear guidelines to the manger about the direction of the team but then step back and stay out of the picture. 

This seems to be how Lerner is running the club now after a rudderless first few years and a ruthless next couple. 

If he keeps giving a £20-25m transfer budget, a wage structure that doesn't have the club losing money each season and a policy of bringing up and developing young players whilst not interfering day to day or creating newspaper headlines then I don't have an issue with the current owner. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

Stoke City 4 - Randy Lerner 1. Get a professional footballing executive in, to tell you how many things you're doing wrong Randy …. We don't deserve this!

Wow - and there was I thinking that there were 14 other players who took part - no wonder we lost  - 1 guy having to play in all the positions - jeez - I thought this was a team game - must have been watching the wrong sport the last 52 years. :P

• Like 2

That was aimed at thetrees too.

Like I would have an idea?

If something suspicious passes my window, I'll be sure to let you know.

Didn't say you did, you replied "who would spend 200m" on Villa. Somebody else said an NFL owner, my reply was that it wouldn't be somebody involved in a sports franchise.

I think if he sells it will be to a fellow American.

If he doesn't sell we do need more transfer money but most of all a better wage bill to attract some players too.

Working on this budget stuff will soon bite us in the backside. We cannot do a 3rd season of trimming the wage bill as an excuse again.

How are the browns doing since he sold them?

I didn't read it but I saw an article the other day that was mentioning Robert Kraft as the worst owner in Major League Soccer. I hope Randy won't just restrict who he's willing to sell to to US buyers, he can't be that patriotic can he?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â