The Randy Lerner thread

CI

So we can't compete with city and PSG and a few other massive clubs. It was like that before FFFP.

At the moment we can't compete with the majority of teams in the league. FFFP is not an excuse for that to continue.

That isn't the discussion. It was about clubs getting around the rules.

You can't blame Lerner for that, he doesn't pick the team!

You can't blame the owner for club records being broken under the last two managers he has hired?

Like I said. How does he keep getting defended?

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

I really don't get the point of the finacial fairplay rules now, surely the damage has already been done, isn't it simply just ensuring the segregation of the 'normal' clubs from the clubs that got the mega rich owners in before it was passed? A discussion for another thread I suppose.

Yes well exactly. It's like there is a big party full of rich people (Man City, Chelsea, Madrid etc)at an exclusive club and the security have now refused to let anyone else in. So we (all the clubs who don't have gazillionaire owners) are all sitting in the car park waiting for a cab home. At the moment we wouldn't have been able to afford the entry fee anyway but it would have been nice to hope to get in another time. No chance of that now even if we do get an Arab/Russian owner with more money than sense. The door is closed.

On Randy Lerner, I just hope that this summer is the first transfer window of getting things back to normal because anymore of this austerity could do us serious harm.

You can't blame the owner for club records being broken under the last two managers he has hired?

It's not defending him, what I'm trying to say is it's not something that you can directly blame him for.

Is it to Lerner's credit then that away from home that we've only lost 4 in 13 matches, and kept 5 clean sheets? I would personally say that it's Lambert.

It would be interesting if suddenly Bill Gates found an interest in the Prem and declared his intention to buy a club.

There does appear to be self annointed bunch that seem to think no one else can join and the rules should suit their interests....I think Man City found difficulty, but just barged their way in, after a while.

It's not defending him, what I'm trying to say is it's not something that you can directly blame him for.

Is it to Lerner's credit then that away from home that we've only lost 4 in 13 matches, and kept 5 clean sheets? I would personally say that it's Lambert.

This is 100% proof BJ10 that Lerner cannot be blamed for the home form. Only one person is responsible for not having a clue how to change it even after nearly  2 seasons

Look at it this way? If we had a oil rich billionaire come in, would you want to keep Lambert. I don't think he would know what to do with 100 million. I know one thing Hoolahan would be his first signing still!!

John, whilst there might be some who defend him, some people just try to add some balance to the relentless, foaming at the mouth criticism.

But, let's say everyone just decided to agree with you - would that make you a happy chap? Would your work be done?

What would actually change?

We've broke club levels with two different managers. The owner stayed the same and the owner hired them both.

I know you want Lerner out BJ10, but this is no negative on Lerner. Chelsea, Liverpool even Man City have employed managers that have'nt worked .Im sure even ourselves have employed people that haven't worked when there CV looks amazing. I believe sometimes football managers and the like, are very trial and error.

We've broke club levels with two different managers. The owner stayed the same and the owner hired them both.

I know you want Lerner out BJ10, but this is no negative on Lerner. Chelsea, Liverpool even Man City have employed managers that have'nt worked .Im sure even ourselves have employed people that haven't worked when there CV looks amazing. I believe sometimes football managers and the like, are very trial and error.

Lerner's last 3 managerial appointments have been unsuccessful. What I want to know is when (if ever) he is going to make a successful one?

I think Lambert this season and last has fulfilled his remit.

Ahhh! So it must have been, stop the progression from last season. sign some more shite and emulate a bit of McLeish style football at home. Im sure even Lerner expected a little bit more this season. To me its not worth an end of season bonus????

Plus do anyone think that we are set for 51 points or more in the seasons to come? Doug did a bad job financially. Lerner would be hard pressed to do worse. But Doug understood football better, this is were Lerner fails big time.

I don't think Doug did a bad job financially. He bought the club for about 500 grand in the early 80's, sold it for over 60 million of which nearly 20 million went to him. He was also one of the first chairman to pay himself a salary and rarely put any of his own money into the club, whereas Lerner has sunk millions of his family fortune and now appears desperate for a sell to claw back what he has lost.

I think Lambert this season and last has fulfilled his remit.

Ahhh! So it must have been, stop the progression from last season. sign some more shite and emulate a bit of McLeish style football at home. Im sure even Lerner expected a little bit more this season. To me its not worth an end of season bonus????

I do agree with you but the season hasn't ended yet.

Hopefully we'l have a finish like we did last year, think that's what's disappointed most people is they expected us to push on from this rather then regress to how we played at the start. Seems to me Lambert has sacrificed almost all fluidity in attack in order to sure up the defence which has resulted in some truly dire football and then wasn't given the funds to rectify this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â