The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Just dropped that Charlie Wyatt who did The Sun article a message on Twitter. He seems to believe we are "definitely" looking to sell despite what Faulkner said. Just needs someone to show him the money.

@CharlieWyett Whats going on with Villa then? Every other press outlet saying we are not for sale, which is opposite to Sun's claims.

they are reacting to claims from ceo who would never publicly admit. Lerner employing a us agency to find a buyer

@CharlieWyett Hope your correct & he finds right buyer. There had been a lot of murmurings that he was looking to sell, so makes sense.#avfc

he definitely is but in no major rush so think club will end up in safe hands

I don't know how believable this is, but his claim we will be ending up in 'safe hands' because Lerner takes his time is BS. He takes his time because he wants to find a person that will suit HIS financial needs, not the AVFC.

Agree, he wants somebody who can pay the money - but I do think he will want the right owner for us too. I am a Randy critic, but I do believe he cared/cares for us.

As much as I've become a critic of Lerner in the last few years, I can't see him selling to a Carson Yeung type character.  I just don't think that's in his make up, just as I couldn't ever see Doug selling to someone like Ray Ranson or SGE's mate Athole Still.

I also appreciate that Lerner tried his best, he also made some good decisions with the pub etc... he just made a lot of mistakes too. Would be nice if, when he does go, we maybe chant "thank you Randy" - just a thought..?

Just dropped that Charlie Wyatt who did The Sun article a message on Twitter. He seems to believe we are "definitely" looking to sell despite what Faulkner said. Just needs someone to show him the money.

@CharlieWyett Whats going on with Villa then? Every other press outlet saying we are not for sale, which is opposite to Sun's claims.

they are reacting to claims from ceo who would never publicly admit. Lerner employing a us agency to find a buyer

@CharlieWyett Hope your correct & he finds right buyer. There had been a lot of murmurings that he was looking to sell, so makes sense.#avfc

If the CEO would never publicly admit it, and Randy never speaks to the press, how would some journo at The Scum know?

Wouldn't be the first time they've pulled stories out of their arse to fill the pages.

Edited by Davkaus

I also appreciate that Lerner tried his best, he also made some good decisions with the pub etc... he just made a lot of mistakes too. Would be nice if, when he does go, we maybe chant "thank you Randy" - just a thought..?

Ah come on, I've only just got the taste of sick out of my mouth after the "USA! USA!" chants after he first bought us.

• Like 3

I've been thinking Randy wouldn't sell to just anyone, but just reading on another Villa forum a Browns fan mentions that guy who he sold them to is planning on changing the kit in 2015 and is also being investigated by the FBI.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

If the CEO would never publicly admit it, and Randy never speaks to the press, how would some journo at The Scum know?

Wouldn't be the first time they've pulled stories out of their arse to fill the pages.

lossy-page1-442px--Loose_talk_can_cost_l

As much as I've become a critic of Lerner in the last few years, I can't see him selling to a Carson Yeung type character.  I just don't think that's in his make up, just as I couldn't ever see Doug selling to someone like Ray Ranson or SGE's mate Athole Still.

I think he'd sell to anybody who had the cash.  And in any case, with most "bad" owners it only becomes apparent that they don't know their arse from their album AFTER they've bought the club.

Like with, ummm, Lerner for example.

• Like 3

You could say the same about Vincent Tan though.  He's made some decisions that the fans don't like, but has he harmed the club?  If he left tomorrow they'd be in a far better position than when he bought them.  Same with the fella up at Hull.

Lerner hasn't even attempted to do anything like change the traditions of the club.

Is Lerner really that bad an owner though? I certainly wouldn't put him in the same category as the likes of Yeung and Venky's. Naive yes and he's certainly made some bad decisions but he's definitely not malicious.

He's a chairman who has been very fortunate not to see us get relegated in one of the last 2 seasons. Seems to have lost any real ambition for the club. Loans, low wages now for players and low transfer fees.

FFS Den

That would be pathetic!

Regarding the Sun, it wouldn't be the first time they got something right either would it?

The bit about employing an American agency tells me that perhaps that is where the leak came from.

Lerners on his way-100% You don't go from 5 year plans to being self sufficient overnight & don't give me any crap about Man City moving the goalposts. We were chasing Arsenal for 4th spot at the time, Liverpool have since dropped right out so theres 2 clubs we could have supposedly challenged.

• Like 2

Is Lerner really that bad an owner though? I certainly wouldn't put him in the same category as the likes of Yeung and Venky's. Naive yes and he's certainly made some bad decisions but he's definitely not malicious.

He may not be "malicious" but he has certainly been incompetent. He took a club that was very poorly managed (from a business perspective) and within 5-7 years turned it into a club that is as poorly managed. Mr Lerner means as much to me as I am do to him. He is but another mega rich man who fancied a dabble with a famous sporting institution. Whoever he eventually sells to will be much the same but will hopefully have deeper pockets, realise that success in the PL require big investment and good leadership.

• Like 4

I think he'd sell to anybody who had the cash.  And in any case, with most "bad" owners it only becomes apparent that they don't know their arse from their album AFTER they've bought the club.

Watching them spin up a record could be.... interesting.

;)

Watching them spin up a record could be.... interesting.

;)

Stoopid auto correct! :bang:

You could say the same about Vincent Tan though.  He's made some decisions that the fans don't like, but has he harmed the club?  If he left tomorrow they'd be in a far better position than when he bought them.  Same with the fella up at Hull.

Lerner hasn't even attempted to do anything like change the traditions of the club.

Oh I dunno, he's done his best to change our tradition of always being in the Premier League! ;)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â