The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The share capital has been increased by £90m.  For what reason, hard to say without further details.  Could be to pay off some of the loan notes to the trust, could be to let Lambert go on an O'Neill style transfer splurge, although somehow I doubt it.....

Is it simlar to what Fayed did at Fulham before he sold up ?

The share capital has been increased by £90m.  For what reason, hard to say without further details.  Could be to pay off some of the loan notes to the trust, could be to let Lambert go on an O'Neill style transfer splurge, although somehow I doubt it.....

Could it be to enable new shareholders to buy into the company?

Could it be to enable new shareholders to buy into the company?

That was a rumour a few weeks ago wasnt it?

Randy just wants some cash back?

If this says what I think it says, and I'm by no means sure, either Lerner (or a new investor) just took £90m out of their piggy bank and gave if to our football club. It's the opposite of pulling cash out - it's a £90m gift.

I guess it could be Lerner clearing out his family, essential taking £90m out of his own account and paying off the money his family loaned to the football club - either way, that would reduce our debt to a level that's almost negligible in Premier League terms and it could well be the best news this football club has had in a long, long time.

I might be completely reading this wrongly, but it could be one of the best days this club has had in years.

• Like 4

Maybe, just maybe, Randy Lerner has been listening to Paul Lambert and decided to "go again".

If so the man deserves praise.

Randy just wants some cash back?

If this says what I think it says, and I'm by no means sure, either Lerner (or a new investor) just took £90m out of their piggy bank and gave if to our football club. It's the opposite of pulling cash out - it's a £90m gift.

I guess it could be Lerner clearing out his family, essential taking £90m out of his own account and paying off the money his family loaned to the football club - either way, that would reduce our debt to a level that's almost negligible in Premier League terms and it could well be the best news this football club has had in a long, long time.

I might be completely reading this wrongly, but it could be one of the best days this club has had in years.

Very interesting, and very interesting timing. Although we weren't paying interest on the debt right? So in terms of day to day running costs that money won't free up more wages for the first team squad will it?

Also, what does that make our debt as a club now?

No accountants required.

The owner has either sold 38.6%, potentially reducing the value of his stake, of the club to an outside investor or investors, or he has increased the value of his stake.

All presumably to reduce debt.

Not bad for someone who just doesn't care ;)

Edited by thetrees

No accountants required.

The owner has either sold 38.6% of the club to an outside investor or investors, or he has increased the value of his stake.

All presumably to reduce debt.

Not bad for someone who just doesn't care ;)

Let's hope this allows more freedom for transfers, I'll be more than happy to praise Lerner.

If I can throw some cynicism in also.

He may have been given a deadline by his mother to make good the family debt, and that deadline might be now.

Either way, it can still only be good for the club, because it accelerates the recovery process.

Could this be a cash injection coming from proceeds of selling the Browns then ?

Also I recall earlier in the thread someone saying they would be some interesting news coming in the summer from someone he spoke to at VP ?

If I can throw some cynicism in also.

He may have been given a deadline by his mother to make good the family debt, and that deadline might be now.

Either way, it can still only be good for the club, because it accelerates the recovery process.

True, but like you say it speeds things up. Even if it doesn't mean an injection of transfer cash, it is good news.

(I am scared, we agree on something...)

I'd just prefer some breathing room when it comes to what players we are looking for..

Perhaps its trying to run the club ‘properly’ for once?

As thats what some fans only want for him to run the club properly, not spunk loads of money on players. No no not that just run the club properly :lol:

Exactly.

Throwing loads of money at something = bad choice, it is obvious there was no plan.

Undercutting to the point where the squad is weak = bad choice, the club has gone through so many changes over the past two years it has lost it's identity, it has become so tied up in saving money it might (I don't think it will, but the chance is there) end up relegated which will see even more cuts.

If Randy can get us to the middle point, if Lambert can bring in the two or three players we need and if the club can work in a healthy matter without the two options above, we are better for it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â