The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Bent needs to play in a two upfront and needs wing play

Fonz - Don't make me laugh he makes Bowrey look good.

Bannan - Has never played well for us.

Ireland - Waste of space on every level.

N'Zogbia - Been injured forever never done it for us in the last however many years

Living in cloud cookoo land.

I don't like how things are but I understand how it came to this and how it is being fixed hence why I'm not flapping over it.

Luna- loses the ball and position all the time

Tonev- is he really a pro player

Kea- no better than Bannan

Bennet-Showed nothing specail now been dropped

Bowery- better than Delfonso, Questionable

So yeah we have a much better team after 40 million!

Luna isn't protected by a midfielder as pointed out god knows how many times this season that teams double up on him.

Tonev is wank

KEA is better than bannan we saw that last season when KEA was worse than this season.

Bennett is the backup left back.

You don't mention Westwood, Lowton, Benteke etc in your post fact is we are getting the same results as we were before but its costing a whole load less that can only be good for future investment in the club. This isn't a lambert issue its a money issue. You can place that at Randy's door if you believe owners are just there to fund clubs or you can accept mistakes have been made and this is the first part of fixing those mistakes for a stronger future.

Blaming Lambert is just dumb (i'll add an IMO so it doesn't offend anyone)

People keep piling the blame onto Randy Lerner for his tightening of thee purse strings, but honestly, what do people think he should have done.

As a club we have been losing the thick end of £50m a year for a while now...even with a lot of our high earners gone we were losing tens of millions a year.

No businessman in the right mind would continue would to pour tens/hundreds of millions into a club/business year after year when they know that it is losing money hand over fist. Sure, had we made the jump to CL under MON we would have made a lot in revenue, but that would've gone on players and wages to ensure we could compete in the Champions League, and who's to say we would have been in it for more than a season, just look at Spurs...and Spurs have a larger fan base than we do (as well as being able to charge higher prices due to being in London).

Lerner isn't the owner you want at the club because he isn't throwing his money down the drain for us.

Lerner is not a bad owner for wanting the club to stand on its own 2 feet and not to lose horrendous amounts of money every year.

In my opinion.

• Like 1

N'Zogbia - Been injured forever never done it for us in the last however many years

I don't like how things are but I understand how it came to this and how it is being fixed hence why I'm not flapping over it.

Luna- loses the ball and position all the time

Tonev- is he really a pro player

Kea- no better than Bannan

Bennet-Showed nothing specail now been dropped

Bowery- better than Delfonso, Questionable

So yeah we have a much better team after 40 million!

and of that 40m how much did those 5 players cost? Exactly!

Bent needs wing play? Well if we had replaced Downing and Young...

People keep piling the blame onto Randy Lerner for his tightening of thee purse strings, but honestly, what do people think he should have done.

As a club we have been losing the thick end of £50m a year for a while now...even with a lot of our high earners gone we were losing tens of millions a year.

No businessman in the right mind would continue would to pour tens/hundreds of millions into a club/business year after year when they know that it is losing money hand over fist. Sure, had we made the jump to CL under MON we would have made a lot in revenue, but that would've gone on players and wages to ensure we could compete in the Champions League, and who's to say we would have been in it for more than a season, just look at Spurs...and Spurs have a larger fan base than we do (as well as being able to charge higher prices due to being in London).

Lerner isn't the owner you want at the club because he isn't throwing his money down the drain for us.

Lerner is not a bad owner for wanting the club to stand on its own 2 feet and not to lose horrendous amounts of money every year.

In my opinion.

It shouldn't take an owner throwing shit loads of cash to have a club like ours finishing in the top half. His awful decision making sees us worrying about relegation for the 4th consecutive season. His awful decision making has seen us average 1.1 points per game over a 3 and a half year period. And for some reason fans like yourself continue to defend this guy while our club is performing at a consistent low level never before seen in our premiership history.

It's absolutely mind blowing that he gets away with it and hasn't come under more pressure from fans.

Right and who's fault is that? We certainly weren't losing that much before he came. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets he is the reason we watch our budget 11 get spanked every week every appointment he has made has been utter shit and he pumped a few 100m in and then completely cut back rather than being a bit more sensible from the off and doing it steadily.

Can't wait for the day he sells up. I dont know anything about the nfl but i bet someone here does and i would not be surprised to hear them say the browns are doing better without him.

John, the pressure needs to be diverted through supporter organisation. The manager quite often becomes the scapegoat and is obviously easier to remove, but if the fans want Lerner gone then they'd have to pull together.

This won't happen at Villa Park: we've had a factious fan base for decades and, quite frankly, after years of protesting against Ellis, I don't think anyone has the appetite for that kind of thing anymore.

Can't wait for the day he sells up. I dont know anything about the nfl but i bet someone here does and i would not be surprised to hear them say the browns are doing better without him.

As StefanAVFC (and others) who are big fans of the NFL keep pointing out - the Browns is a shockingly bad franchise.

They're just as bad again this year and have once again failed to make the play offs.

John, the pressure needs to be diverted through supporter organisation. The manager quite often becomes the scapegoat and is obviously easier to remove, but if the fans want Lerner gone then they'd have to pull together.

This won't happen at Villa Park: we've had a factious fan base for decades and, quite frankly, after years of protesting against Ellis, I don't think anyone has the appetite for that kind of thing anymore.

The fans got together over McLeish it's just a shame a similar attitude couldn't be taken towards our owner.

So many fans put so much effort in their protest against Doug and for what? Surely consecutive bottom half finishes and relegation battles wasn't what they wanted when they put that effort in. I would have thought the fact we've become even worse than when they protested would annoy them.

Yes well i wouldnt be surprised to see any sports team need a few years recovery after being owned by this man.

They were shit before Randy owned them.

Wasn't the point but ok, the same can be said for us...does that excuse the poor running of the club? No.

The fans got together over McLeish it's just a shame a similar attitude couldn't be taken towards our owner.

So many fans put so much effort in their protest against Doug and for what? Surely consecutive bottom half finishes and relegation battles wasn't what they wanted when they put that effort in. I would have thought the fact we've become even worse than when they protested would annoy them.

It clearly has annoyed fans - why do you think there are multiple threads with thousands of posts, across several message boards talking about how they want Lerner gone. It's just that nobody seems to have the appetite for action anymore.

You're one of the most vociferous posters against Lerner, for example, but can you be arsed to form a supporter pressure group?

Yes well i wouldnt be surprised to see any sports team need a few years recovery after being owned by this man.

They were shit before Randy owned them.

Wasn't the point but ok, the same can be said for us...does that excuse the poor running of the club? No.

I didn't say it did. I was trying to answer the question you had about the Browns :-/

You did, basically he's taken over two crap teams and failed to improve them and possibly even made them worse. I really hope he leaves sports teams alone when he sells us.

I did!? Did what? I didn't use it as an excuse for the poor running of our club.

You were wondering whether they've improved since he left so I was merely pointing out that they were shit before him, shit during his ownership, and are shit now.

You did, basically he's taken over two crap teams and failed to improve them and possibly even made them worse. I really hope he leaves sports teams alone when he sells us.

I did!? Did what? I didn't use it as an excuse for the poor running of our club.

You were wondering whether they've improved since he left so I was merely pointing out that they were shit before him, shit during his ownership, and are shit now.

You did as in answer the original question, its hard talking to you really not sure why you misunderstood that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â