The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Surely it is common knowledge the owner is looking to sell? When you don't invest to the level required then it is an indication. What is a bigger indication is demanding all signings and cheaper and younger with a view to making a profit. That shows that you want to balance books - get as much money in the coffers as possible - then get out!

People say why not sign two of three top players rather than eight or nine. two points. 1 - won't pay transfer fees and wages. 2. don't want to place all eggs in one basket. you sign five or six if two or three turn out to be steals then you make bigger profits.

Well, the one player that we have bought under Lambert that would make a significant profit is Benteke, and he's just about the most expensive player we've bought.  The rest of them we'd be lucky to get back what we'd paid, and a for a few of them we wouldn't be able to give them away.  More and more evidence that Lerner doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Agreed the playing staff bar Benteke are worth less than what he took over.At this rate we will need to be relegated , he accepts owning a club isn't going to make you money and accepts a reasonable figure to sell.

The club won't sack Lambert

And that's because we have an owner more than happy to survive on the cheap.

No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

A little bit of ruthlessness would go a long way at the moment.

I don't think he is loyal. If he sacks Lambert he has to invest time and effort in finding a replacement.

No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

I don't think he is loyal. If he sacks Lambert he has to invest time and effort in finding a replacement.

and money and we won't get anyone as good as Lambert in my view. With the squad we have and the financial restrictions who is going to come to Villa. 

and money and we won't get anyone as good as Lambert in my view. With the squad we have and the financial restrictions who is going to come to Villa.

Exactly my thinking as well. We won't get anybody worth talking about with the constraints in place.

• Like 1

Hang on, "we won't get anyone as good as lambert" ?? The guy has been an unmitigated disaster. There are plenty of managers out there who could do no worse and probably much better.

Would u be happy with the likes of Neil warnock or simion Grayson because that's the caliber we will be getting in to replace him

Assuming Randy is looking to sell then he should be very very careful. Clubs that have the sole goal of staying the league generally tend to get relegated eventually. Randy needs to realise that he might have to wait for a few years to get a buyer and selling a championship club isn't going to be easy or profitable. The current philosophy at the club needs to change as Lambert won't be able to keep us in the league on the cheap.

If Randy Lerner really does have any love left for Aston Villa Football Club, he will do the honourable thing and ensure that he leaves the club on a sound financial footing and in the hands of people who want nothing but success for Aston Villa, for the future.

Hang on, "we won't get anyone as good as lambert" ?? The guy has been an unmitigated disaster. There are plenty of managers out there who could do no worse and probably much better.

There's plenty that would have taken us down last season. I'd rather us keep faith with Lambert than risk bringing in a new man that isn't going to be a name any of us would want.

"Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner reserves January transfer funds for manager Paul Lambert despite Crystal Palace defeat that dangles club over relegation zone before Swansea City match."

From The Telegraph.. hope a January splash out a la Bent happens again, can't see it myself but it seems an odd thing to report.

Come on Randy, prove us all wrong!

• Like 1

One of the worst things to happen to this club. God knows the long term damage he will have done by the time we get rid of him.

Now then BJ10, as you have learned from MON, it goes on a long time after we get rid of them.

Well if we had a decent owner we could have recovered from MON quickly. I worry about the state we will be in once we can finally get rid of this guy.

I think that you will find that it will all be pretty tidy, with a nice clean state.

If we are in the Premier League, then a new owner with money to invest, will inherit a very nice platform.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â