The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The club won't sack Lambert

And that's because we have an owner more than happy to survive on the cheap.
No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

A little bit of ruthlessness would go a long way at the moment.

He sacked houllier and McLeish after one year each.
Houllier was ill.

The less said about McLeish, the better. His wife was publicly boasting months earlier that he was going to get the sack and receive a massive payoff

So what are you basing this extraordinary loyalty on?

Houllier and O'Neill

Surely it is common knowledge the owner is looking to sell?

Well there you go.

Anyone going to actually still defend this owner?

No, we have an owner who is extraordinarily loyal to his managers. He proved that with MON, and he has been consistently loyal since.

Houllier was ill.

The less said about McLeish, the better. His wife was publicly boasting months earlier that he was going to get the sack and receive a massive payoff

Houllier and O'Neill

What? A man he sacked and a man he had no reason to sack? Yeah clear proof there.

Surely it is common knowledge the owner is looking to sell?

Well there you go.

Anyone going to actually still defend this owner?

Houllier was ill.

Houllier and O'Neill

What? A man he sacked and a man he had no reason to sack? Yeah clear proof there.

Before I respond, can you please advise which one is which?

A decision was made after the Wolves game at VP that Houllier would not be continuing beyond the end of the season. The illness had nothing to do with him leaving. Similarly with McLeish a decision had been made weeks before the end of the season that he would not be continuing.

Lerner is a very lucky owner. The incompetent way he has run this great club and terrible decisions he has made should have by now led to us being relegated. However this season him, and more importantly us the fantastic supporters, may not be so lucky.

Haha touche.

I just can't see that as evidence of extraordinary loyalty. We will never know if he'd stuck with houllier and while I know you don't like MON I don't think its amazing loyalty to stick with a manager who gets more points every year.

MON was given the best backing to achieve success.

In the summer he released funds very early on for us to make transfers and let Lambert get players in, gave out quite a few new contracts and helped us keep Benteke at the club, and let Lambert spend a few million on deadline day. I still think Lambert was a good appointment and if we stick with him through thick and thin we'll be OK. It's what happens next that counts, I think Randy has made all the necessary decisions since McLeish was told to **** off, the next decision is whether to open the chequebook in January, which he really needs to IMO.

• Like 1

Who would buy us, if Lerner does want to sell?

We don't want a Venky's, but we want someone who's not going to spend 3+ years concentrating solely on cost-cutting.

We are attractive enough for potential buyers, it will be case of how much they are willing to pay for the club from Randy Lerner.

I don't think it's a case of value or worth in this instance - I reckon it's more to do with him wanting his initial stake back, plus a return on some of the £250 million he's injected through equity and loans.

But how's he going to get that when he's turned us into a relegation battling side?

If he wants out he should accept his mistakes and set a realistic fee.

I suspect Lerner will open 10-15 million in january. Lambert will spend it on 3 players. At least one a solid AM but new to the Premier League. We'll finish the season in 10-12th. Benteke will show flashes of himself in the spring, and we will sell him after the world cup. Then spend that money on lower league players and pay raises for the best performers this spring.

Actually, maybe that's what i hope.

• Like 1

I suspect Lerner will open 10-15 million in january. Lambert will spend it on 3 players. At least one a solid AM but new to the Premier League. We'll finish the season in 10-12th. Benteke will show flashes of himself in the spring, and we will sell him after the world cup. Then spend that money on lower league players and pay raises for the best performers this spring.

There is some logic in that and if we do then I can see us being in a strong position to improve again next year. It's what I've thought the entire plan has been since Lambert took over and I've seen little evidence to change my mind, despite the despair of recent results and performances. Even if Lerner wants to sell up ideally, he can still achieve what you describe.

Who would buy us, if Lerner does want to sell?

We don't want a Venky's, but we want someone who's not going to spend 3+ years concentrating solely on cost-cutting.

We are attractive enough for potential buyers, it will be case of how much they are willing to pay for the club from Randy Lerner.

We're definately more attractive than other clubs who have been bought-out in recent years:

Leicester, Cardiff, sha, Blackburn etc

HH has confirmed that Lerner is looking to sell.

HH has confirmed that Lerner is looking to sell.

Where/when did he say that?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â