The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Well that's me told then.

Haha

Point proven, if he started spending money willy nilly you wouldn’t moan, its quite simple. SO claiming its all about how things are run is bollocks.

Yeah point proven because you say so.

If Lerner ran the club better and showed ambition I wouldn't moan, it's what I want. I understand you don't care if we win, lose or draw or if we spend money or make cuts but surely you can appreciate others do.

If you look at the time Lerner has been in charge it is only the first 2 or 3 seasons that he spent big money and since then he has pulled that right back, mainly because he was pumping the money into keeping the club afloat.

While only Lerner and Faulkner know what his intentions at this point is I doubt he will ever embark on the folly of throwing his inheritance at any kind of player purchases.

Following the info posted a couple of weeks ago along with that today about the shares it looks likely that Lerner is hoping he has found himself a rich backer for them to invest.

Haha

Point proven, if he started spending money willy nilly you wouldn’t moan, its quite simple. SO claiming its all about how things are run is bollocks.

If Lerner ran the club better and showed ambition I wouldn't moan, it's what I want. I understand you don't care if we win, lose or draw or if we spend money or make cuts but surely you can appreciate others do.

You can't win on this, you want investment from the chairman and are wrong, you are happy that investment comes, you are told you will find fault.

I'll post my full reply later.

If I remember.

Haha

You can try and hide behind lame attempts at insulting me but its quite simple, if he spunked monkey willy nilly you wouldn’t moan.

It has nothing to do with how he’s running the club you add that in so you don’t sound like a spoilt kid stamping his feet.

Edited by VillaForever1970

I really think people should look at around when judging Randy Lerner as the worst thing ever happening to this club. It's not a god-given right to have tons of cash, like Chelsea or Manchester City. If we are sold to someone, odds are we are going to be sold to some idiot like Vincent Tan before we are being sold to a new sheik. Our enterprise value is not high, in fact it's quite low. Any semi-rich cowboy could afford to buy us off before they even looked at prospects like Newcastle or Everton. Imagine being owned by the guys from Blackburn (or dare I say she), West Ham or Cardiff. Then you have the guys from Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham, Crystal Palace - not entirely idiots but not anywhere near better than Lerner in the long run.

I just don't get this lowering of expectations in order to defend Lerner at all. When heskey played bad no one mentioned worse players we could have got instead.

The fact is before Lerner we were a team that usually finished in the top 8 in the premiership and now some are happy to accept what ever shit he serves up. Why?

in the 4 years before he took over we finished in top 8 once

Lerner is guilty of naivety, nothing more. He was naive to let MON run wild with his money, he was naive to take Alex Ferguson's advice, he was naive to think that his P.R. team would be enough to convince supporters that everything was going according to plan, and that feel good gestures like Acorns and the Holte Hotel would be a buffer from criticism.

He came in with considerable money to spend, which was then squandered by MON.

Then the market tanked, he got a divorce, and turned off the tap. He made the right move by hiring Lambert, and since then it's been damage mitigation. Eventually he'll either sell or decide to take another shot at glory, and I believe he'll make that decision within the next two years.

I think naivety is the biggest thing. I don't think he's ever been bad intentioned, that's pretty key. I think when he came in he realized he knew nothing about football so he thought, why not let MON make the decisions, he has a big reputation as a manager and he knows what he's doing. Obviously that wasn't true. At that point all the money that had been wasted on older, poor players had already set the club back.

And then what did he do over the next two years after MON?

tried to repair the damage but,enhanced it by appointing the wrong managers....we then went on to make a bad situation much worse.

what amazes me on this post....is how folk fail to mention the dross that we bought for the money spent. They keep mentioning the money without any regard for what we got for that money as if its some kind of irrelevance.

as far as i know ....that is not the direct responsibility of the Owner/Chairman, its the responsibility of the Manager.If the manager cannot manage the budget, then say so or resign....or don't come in the first place.

The Man Utd fans tease us with " You've only come to see Utd" ..... well a bit of banter we know...but a bit too close for comfort for me.

but if all those players we bought over the last 10 years or so , could trap a ball, pass a ball and resemble a football team.....that 42,000 gate we got would not be such a pipedream every week.

...at the rate we buy, average players, looking for some good ones, you would want the USA defence budget to play with.

....until we start finding some quality, whether, we pay through the nose( which is more likely, why we are where we are) or unearth them.....which we have done in the less recent past.... we ain't going anywhere fast.

• Like 1

I think people are clutching at straws if they think this cheap and cheerful policy is short term not long term under Lerner.

That is funny because it is untrue.  :crylaugh:

Thing is Gentleman I have seen quotes stating that the wage bill must come down but I have never seen a quote stating that the wages will then start to be increased again once we reach some magical number?

BOF and Spoony are right though none of us on here know one way or the other. Now if Lerner or Faulkner actually came out and said we are making cuts now so we can increase wages in years to come once the bomb squad have gone then we would at least know. Some will be happy at that some won't like it but at least we'll know.

Haha

You can try and hide behind lame attempts at insulting me but its quite simple, if he spunked monkey willy nilly you wouldn’t moan.

It has nothing to do with how he’s running the club you add that in so you don’t sound like a spoilt kid stamping his feet.

Haha

It's not my fault you ignore all arguments and focus on money in order to moan at other fans. My posts are there for all to see and they've never just focused on lack of spending.

Like I said you don't care what happens so you choose what ever point allows you to moan.

Well done keep it up, it's a joy to read.

I really think people should look at around when judging Randy Lerner as the worst thing ever happening to this club. It's not a god-given right to have tons of cash, like Chelsea or Manchester City. If we are sold to someone, odds are we are going to be sold to some idiot like Vincent Tan before we are being sold to a new sheik. Our enterprise value is not high, in fact it's quite low. Any semi-rich cowboy could afford to buy us off before they even looked at prospects like Newcastle or Everton. Imagine being owned by the guys from Blackburn (or dare I say she), West Ham or Cardiff. Then you have the guys from Stoke, Sunderland, Fulham, Crystal Palace - not entirely idiots but not anywhere near better than Lerner in the long run.

I just don't get this lowering of expectations in order to defend Lerner at all. When heskey played bad no one mentioned worse players we could have got instead.

The fact is before Lerner we were a team that usually finished in the top 8 in the premiership and now some are happy to accept what ever shit he serves up. Why?

So anything before your selected period doesn't count.

what amazes me on this post....is how folk fail to mention the dross that we bought for the money spent. They keep mentioning the money without any regard for what we got for that money as if its some kind of irrelevance.

as far as i know ....that is not the direct responsibility of the Owner/Chairman, its the responsibility of the Manager.If the manager cannot manage the budget, then say so or resign....or don't come in the first place.

The Man Utd fans tease us with " You've only come to see Utd" ..... well a bit of banter we know...but a bit too close for comfort for me.

but if all those players we bought over the last 10 years or so , could trap a ball, pass a ball and resemble a football team.....that 42,000 gate we got would not be such a pipedream every week.

...at the rate we buy, average players, looking for some good ones, you would want the USA defence budget to play with.

....until we start finding some quality, whether, we pay through the nose( which is more likely, why we are where we are) or unearth them.....which we have done in the less recent past.... we ain't going anywhere fast.

Well have we ever had a really good record at buying players in general? I always thought liverpool took the piss out of DD back in the day.

Haha

It's not my fault you ignore all arguments and focus on money in order to moan at other fans. My posts are there for all to see and they've never just focused on lack of spending.

So if he spent loads of money, you would still not be happy and moan about how he was running the club, yes or no?

If he spent shit loads of money and it looked like it would lead to another financial mess then no I wouldn't be happy.

If he spent more money on an ambitious plan to improve the club then yes I'd be thrilled.

You really can't seem to grasp why people are unhappy with him. It would probably help if you actually read what people say and not just pick the points you want in order to moan about them.

Haha

Haha

Like I said you don't care what happens so you choose what ever point allows you to moan.

Well done keep it up, it's a joy to read.

you said usually while i was pointing out the decline in lsat few years of Doug

Well have we ever had a really good record at buying players in general? I always thought liverpool took the piss out of DD back in the day.

Not really had a year where we brought Saunders, Staunton and Houghton not bad business really?

To be honest BJ10, if you select your own period of the same amount of years pre-Lerner as the years since he arrived, you are still not going to help your own argument.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â