The Randy Lerner thread

CI

For me randy does need to back Paul in jan with atleast 8/10 million to bring in a creative midfielder

We would look a different side with a quality creative midfielder but RL will not stump up the money - I beleive his view is "We've got just enough not to get relegated"

Hard to understand what his eventual aim is for the club - probably to recoup some cash and sell it on

Lambert will get £2-3m / £15k a week if he's lucky and a loan player if he's not - the only thing that will change that is if we lose the next four matches

When you are paying value mince prices, don't expect fillet steak

But as fans we are not paying value mince prices! A lot of loyal fans put a lot of their hard earned cash into the club year in year out. The prices have not been reduced because they are now watching Tonev rather than Milner or KEA rather than Barry. Times have been tough for most people yet our attendances haven't been affected too much and people keep telling us that the club is attracting more money commercially from sponsorship etc.

As fans we are paying for fillet steak and being served up value mince. If Lerner thinks that is acceptable then he is more clueless than I thought he was!

I agree 100%, but unless people vote with their feet (and I'm not advocating that) it's value mince all the way

The only thing that makes me feel negative about Villa is Lerner (hell, the football isn't great, but when you have to buy a squad for 40m, what do you expect?).

Everything else I am excited and positive about, even if I do not rate some of our players I support them 100%.

Its the constant cost cutting and searching for a few quid under cushions like we are a small club that pisses me off.

The only thing that makes me feel negative about Villa is Lerner (hell, the football isn't great, but when you have to buy a squad for 40m, what do you expect?).

Everything else I am excited and positive about, even if I do not rate some of our players I support them 100%.

Its the constant cost cutting and searching for a few quid under cushions like we are a small club that pisses me off.

I agree. It is disappointing because we are the biggest club in a huge city, and we are not matching our potential on the pitch I believe.

It's hard to deny his heart lies elsewhere. Even the worst of the Premier League owners manages to watch their team sometimes.

That being the case, it gives weight to the rumour that he is looking to sell.

I have great doubts that he will mark his ten year anniversary with the club. The push towards sustainability gives him a better opportunity to sell the club to more potential bidders than normal.   

Or maybe RL will have another crack at making us successful in the future. Who knows??? It is all very vague and confusing with Lerner.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

A general question to those who think that Lerner will start backing the manager again when all the bigger earners are of the books.

WHY?

As I see it he has pulled back the purse strings and is now entering the phase of running the club at as low a cost as possible so he can start to pay back the loans he made to the club until he gets to the stage where he can hope to sell the club without making a loss on it.

I was told 18 months ago by someone who would know that Lerner was looking to sell the club but it appears the numbers didnt stack up then.......I wonder why?

• Like 1

A general question to those who think that Lerner will start backing the manager again when all the bigger earners are of the books.

WHY?

As I see it he has pulled back the purse strings and is now entering the phase of running the club at as low a cost as possible so he can start to pay back the loans he made to the club until he gets to the stage where he can hope to sell the club without making a loss on it.

I was told 18 months ago by someone who would know that Lerner was looking to sell the club but it appears the numbers didnt stack up then.......I wonder why?

Edit.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

This is how I see Lerner:

1. He came in with MON believing if he chucked enough money at him he would get us into the Champions League. (I think he would have done it too if he hadn't bought Heskey when we needed a goal scorer.)

2. Prior to their fallout Lerner realized too many bad signings had been made and MON wasn't managing the money well. MON leaves after money strings were tightened.

3. He decides to throw money at two more managers for a quick fix and neither came off. Both managers removed and rightly so.

4. Personal issues and the selling of the Browns allows him to focus on what is left of his family.

5. Brought in a new manager (Lambert) with the understanding that he had to get rid of his and other managers mistakes while keeping us in the Premiership.

6. From Lambert's comments, he is supporting him through this difficult transition with his personal support if not as many would want financially.

7. He is trying to get the club on sound footing  (financially) while taking care of his family.

He has made some mistakes along the way, but I feel he has Villa at heart. He wishes to part of our future, but has decided to take a different approach than when he first came in. 

This is only my opinion, but it's how I see it. I don't have any particular beef with him as he owns the club and in the end it's his decision. I want Villa to win something just like everyone else, but I am a realist and don't think this will happen unless we are bought out like Man Shitty.

I do hope he will give him some extra money next summer when the rest of the bomb squad are gone.

Lots of people with a lot less resources than Lerner look after there family - I do two jobs - look after my family and still have time to do stuff I enjoy.

You make it sound like - he has a serious ilness in the family - that isn't something I am aware of.

I think Lamberts brief was -" theres not megabucks to spend- but I m not expecting miracles, within the financial parameters I set - you run the show - I won't be around much - any problems see Paul Faulkner... "

No serious illness, but a divorce that can and usually has a major impact on the children involved, I appreciate you look after you family as do I, but I don't blame him for staying in the USA to look after his kids than fly to the UK each week to show fans he cares.

Until HE is happy his family is okay Villa can and should stay in second place. It seems he has his plans in place and PF is looking after it while he stays away.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â