February Optimism Gauge

maqroll

This is the point of the season where I had expected us to really kick on and start climbing towards mid-table. Surprisingly enough I can't see that happening now. We have strengthened in the key area required DM (I have always thought our back-four needed protecting rather than replacing) but we certainly haven't been as active as I had anticipated at the early stages of the season. Will we go down? I'll get back to you at about 5pm.

I agree, with you regarding our back four and have I have said i another thread. I honestly think that we have shown some progress and with Sylla in the team will give us a more balanced team. We just desperatly need a win to build confidence.

i, like most on here, am disapointed with the transfer window, but we can appreciate that PL had his hands tied by lerner as to what he could do, which is the huge disapointment

this window we really needed a CB to partner vlaar and DM to replace the delph/el ahmadi/bannan selection, with the summer searching for another CB to replace dunne, a LB and a LW

as it happens, were going to really need to concentrate on the defense come the summer, being 2 CBs and a LB

with all the CBs we were linked with this january, surely we could of signed at least one?

Toby Alderweireld, Ajax

Abdoulaye Ba, Porto

James Chester, Hull

Brede Hangeland, Fulham

in conclusion, im not feeling at all confident about this squad and still think we will go down

Edited by AndyBM

This is the point of the season where I had expected us to really kick on and start climbing towards mid-table. Surprisingly enough I can't see that happening now. We have strengthened in the key area required DM (I have always thought our back-four needed protecting rather than replacing) but we certainly haven't been as active as I had anticipated at the early stages of the season. Will we go down? I'll get back to you at about 5pm.

Yeah I think we're down.

Seen enough today to suggest we are capable of getting out of this mess, but we need to cut out conceding from corners. 

From today, I feel the opposite. If we can't even win when we score 3 goals, then what can we do?

I think alot hinges on the FBs. Lowton has tailed off a bit, but he is definitely a quality player and I think he'll be okay. At LB, I hope Baker gets a good run out and stays injury free as that will allow us to persist with a more tradtional 442 or 4231. For some reason, I see us hitting a good patch soon similar to the one in November/early December and getting us to safety. I am typically optimistic, but right now I am even more so and don't know why. Starting with 3 points today.  :)

Nearly got the 3 points, but I'm still very optimistic and think we will finally break the duck next weekend and finally get our first win in nearly two months! Would also like Baker at LB next weekend.

I feel strangely optimistic i don't know why

I went into this game expecting no points

We walked away with something

I know we were 2 goals ahead but at least we walked away with something rather than nothing

We must beat West Ham though

From today, I feel the opposite. If we can't even win when we score 3 goals, then what can we do?

It was always going to be a difficult task at Goodison, against a talented side fighting for a CL spot. Benteke has shown that he alone can win games, or at least draw them. His first goal today was conjured out of nothing.

There are times, when we are on the front foot, that we look like a pretty good side. I haven't given up hope. I think we have decent enough players to realistically grind out enough points to stay up.

UP THE VILLA

Look at he opposition we are playing.

It was always going to be a difficult task at Goodison, against a talented side fighting for a CL spot. Benteke has shown that he alone can win games, or at least draw them. His first goal today was conjured out of nothing.

There are times, when we are on the front foot, that we look like a pretty good side. I haven't given up hope. I think we have decent enough players to realistically grind out enough points to stay up.

UP THE VILLA

But we couldn't hold leads about WBA or Swansea either. Are they really quality opposition? Or just better coached players?

I walked away on 92 minutes because I couldn't watch anymore, absolutely sure they would see it out, prove my heart wrong. Instead, they broke me.

I'm absolutely gutted. I've only ever once cried because of football, that was when we beat Tranmere a whole 19 years ago now. Today I was closer than ever to repeating that feat.

Please Villa, for once, hold on... Just hold the **** on...

I walked away on 92 minutes because I couldn't watch anymore, absolutely sure they would see it out, prove my heart wrong. Instead, they broke me.

I'm absolutely gutted. I've only ever once cried because of football, that was when we beat Tranmere a whole 19 years ago now. Today I was closer than ever to repeating that feat.

three times for me.

Barcelona in the super cup

Sending cov down

Today.

three times for me.

Barcelona in the super cup

Sending cov down

Today.

Was hard wasn't it? This time more than any other this season, I thought they had it.

Absolutely gutted. Might be welling up a little right now. The beer and The Smiths aren't helping I guess.

One thing's for sure, I love this **** club.

I almost cried today. Out of frustration mostly. Voice went all high pitched when I yelled my usual '**** OFF VILLA' at the laptop

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â