Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Its pretty simple. Don't tell fans to give him time and think long term when you weren't prepared to do it. And don't complain if people want him sacked as so did you last year.

Oh and I wonder if anyone will use berbatov to mock morpheous tonight?

Emmm, no but if we had won?

Before I get the obligatory 'so you wanted us to lose' I sincerely wish we had stuffed Fulham irrespective of the stick I would have received.

Off topic I know but I don't know how Berbatov has been playing for Fulham week in week out as quite frankly I don't watch enough of Fulham to make a judgement. However I have to say the last two games we have played against them he has been excellent. Against us at VP last season he ran the show and was comfortably the best player on the pitch.

• Like 1

Never got going today at all. Parker and karagounis totally dominated the midfield. We were shocking in possession. Made so many stray passes, first touches and control of the football were terrible. It looked as if we hadnt played football with each other before.

In Lambert's (slight) defence injuries are kinda costing us here. Baker is never a left back, vlaar has been excellent all season. We were on a decent run but the style of football so far can only get you so far.

Im a huge fan of Lambert but we got everything we deserved today.... **** all

• Like 1

Berbatov is a liability - he turns up for one in ten games - playing for a transfer in January at the moment

We would have been relegated if we had signed Berbatov

Not only biased but wrong.

Berbatov was Fulham's top scorer last season with fifteen goals and no we wouldn't have been relegated as he would have had an even more positive affect than Keane did under McLeish.

Biggest disappointment for me is that in terms of performances we haven't kicked on from last season where for the last quarter of last season we played some nice attacking stuff.

Stats will show we've tightened up defensively however I get the impression we could get 4 or 5 put past us at any time. West Brom should certainly have done so before we bucked our ideas up in the last half hour and even today Fulham could have had another couple.

I find it quite worrying that we have played some pretty poor sides recently in West Ham, Hull, Sunderland and Fulham and taken 3 just points off them. Throw into that mix we were poor against Cardiff for 75 minutes and had just 23% possession against Southampton and somehow with 3 shots on target and a wonder goal won then for at least 2 months now our performances have been extremely poor.

We have for me been fortunate to have picked up so many points based on some of the crap we have served up. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful we have picked up the points, am still happy that Lambert is manager but I simply can't kid myself that what we are being served up is nothing short of dire at times and needs to improve fast or else I can see us again struggling. January transfer window can't come quick enough. I just hope Lambert is backed.

Well we have kicked on from last season. We were mediocre for a third of a season, mind-meltingly awful for a third, and decent for a third of a season. It is a much more solid outfit but yes sometimes like today we were poor. Some of the crap that has been served up was a great win at Arsenal and should have got at least a point v Chelsea. I don’t know about you, but I am usually fairly pleased if my team picks up points or even wins when they are not playing well? I don’t think we need to improve fast  just more steady progression. Lambert won’t be backed in January so don’t get too disappointed. A defender would be nice though.

I have no idea why there is talk of a 32 year old Berbatov who is probably on a good £80k a week minimum, in this thread. Or even in the entire forum.

Even more worrying that somebody is gloating about their opinion of said Berbatov because he helped Fulham beat us today. Shocking.

• Like 1

Today was crap no bones about it but putting thing into perspective injuries are affecting us at the minute. Whether that be players missing or players returning not in form. It shows we need to increase the squad still further and that has been the main problem we have had to strip it back and build up a squad from scratch virtually hopefully with the nucleus in place the amount of additions will come down but the quality will go up.

Ultimately we are 10th and look like we will finish there or there abouts which will be progress in points if not in performance we all want free flowing winning football but it's harder to get than it sounds. Call for Lamberts head all you want but we are progressing maybe not as fast as some like but we are. Time will tell if he can take us much further and the next 2 transfer windows are massive for the team squad development. I just hope the people who moan about performances remain positive enough they don't join the moaning for moining sake contingent.

That's quite a statement as I haven't seen anyone moan just for the sake of it. Anything negative posted has always been backed with stats or relevant opinion.

Never got going today at all. Parker and karagounis totally dominated the midfield.

We made Karagounis look like he was in Euro 2004 but don't worry, the likes of Fulham and Sunderland don't have better midfields then us. I was laughed off this forum for daring to suggest they might earlier in the season.

Berbatov is a liability - he turns up for one in ten games - playing for a transfer in January at the moment

Berbatov was Fulham's top scorer last season with fifteen goals and no we wouldn't have been relegated as he would have had an even more positive affect than Keane did under McLeish.

Pure assumption.

Don't know how you can brand an opinion wrong.

Personally I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim we would've been relegated with Berbatov - we just don't know. Equally however you can't really claim that he would have had a really positive effect when you too don't know what would've happened had he joined.

Even sidwell looked like a superstar. I just find it baffling that alot of our so called 'flair' players did not influence the game once. Weimann anonymous for the whole game, Westwood was poor, Delph wasnt his usual self, Agbonlahor showed glimpses of an attacking threat and Benteke looked as if he strolled through the game without breaking sweat.

Some of the crap that has been served up was a great win at Arsenal and should have got at least a point v Chelsea. I don’t know about you, but I am usually fairly pleased if my team picks up points or even wins when they are not playing well?

Read my post and I said I am happy with the points we have picked up. Arsenal and Chelsea were two very good performances against 2 excellent sides. That was back in August though and for at least 2 months now our performances have in the main been poor. Even when we have won recently against Cardiff and Southampton the performance was not good especially against Southampton.

I take no pleasure from stating that I believe we have been poor for some time now. I am a big fan of Lambert but as I stated earlier today I am not going to bullshit others or myself by not telling it like it is.

I have no idea why there is talk of a 32 year old Berbatov who is probably on a good £80k a week minimum, in this thread. Or even in the entire forum.

Even more worrying that somebody is gloating about their opinion of said Berbatov because he helped Fulham beat us today. Shocking.

Yet you fail to mention that I have been continually mocked on here since I stated that I wanted the club to sign him with one poster today still calling him crap even after his performance against us.

I just wonder how much gloating there would have been by certain posters if we had lost today?

• Like 1

Yet you fail to mention that I have been continually mocked on here since I stated that I wanted the club to sign him with one poster today still calling him crap even after his performance against us.

I just wonder how much gloating there would have been by certain posters if we had lost today?

You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Pure assumption.

Nope based on his form last season is not assuming anything and the way in which he played against us today again.

We did lose today unfortunately, I don't care about mentioning specifics. Berbatov is crap, if not crap then certainly over the hill and I wouldn't want him at this club if we could sign him on a free.

He already stated he doesn't want to be at Fulham via his agent because of their poor results, is that the kind of player you want at the club? Better yet, you'd want to be paying him £80k+ a week?

The guy is 32 years of age, in his late 20's he was very good for Spuds and even United but I'm sorry, there is not a chance in a hell I would ever, ever, ever want him at Villa now. He is the type of player that was ruining this club in the first place, over the hill money grabbers looking for a quick pay cheque. 

And to relate this post to the thread, I'm pretty sure Lambert wouldn't touch him with a barge pole either. 

So 'Berbatov is crap, if not crap then certainly over the hill.'

Interesting description since the last two times we've played Fulham he has been the best player on the pitch and didn't Lambert want Dempsey and where is he playing now?

With Berbatov it's his attitude, It's like he can't get over himself for having played at Man U or something and he thinks he is too good for Fulham now...  He is a good player for sure but these players seem to forget that your attitude determines your altitude and that is true in any walk of life football included... Hence he is playing at Fulham now and not still elsewhere.

So 'Berbatov is crap, if not crap then certainly over the hill.'

Interesting description since the last two times we've played Fulham he has been the best player on the pitch and didn't Lambert want Dempsey and where is he playing now?

So basically if a player plays well against us they must be good?

Don't know how you can brand an opinion wrong.

Personally I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim we would've been relegated with Berbatov - we just don't know. Equally however you can't really claim that he would have had a really positive effect when you too don't know what would've happened had he joined.

The opinion is wrong because it has been proven wrong.

This site has been crying out for a number 10 or an AM has it not. What happened when Robbie Keane joined us? We suddenly had that number ten and even under Mcleish with Keane in the team we actually played some decent football.

I think you'll agree that Berbatov is at least on a par with Keane's ability so the introduction of Berbatov to our side would have had the same or even better affect as proven last season with his contribution to a team like Fulham.

Sorry folks but i was right about Berbatov's ability and it was proven again today against players who were nowhere near the same in class.  

Edited by Morpheus

i dont understand PL ..when i seen the team today he selected herd, why has matt lowton not in a rb & bacuna not in front?

PL is asking for trouble playing cb in LB???? ..if it working fine but its clear its not!

theirs players in this side who need benching but they get a shirt?

AGENDA.. i think PL or the puppet master randy are loosing fans,i really do,i know of ST holders who are planning to spend their hard earned on other things next season,we have two..just two but its two lost in my eyes next year,

i think PL has limited ambition & he fits in well with RL, ffs guys a manager from wigan would not entertain a interview with ASTON VILLA! says it all

How does Lambert have "limited ambition"? He's doing a decent job with what he's got.

That doesn't really say anything actually. As far as I know he didn't turn us down.

its simple..behind the scenes RL plan was to make up the numbers,he wanted to balance the books,maybe make a profit so he can have some of his 100m he pumped in.

in simple terms..the good days were gone,RL needed a manager who matched his vision..step forward PL.

martinez wanted to join a club with some spunk,

There are a hell of a lot of presumptions here. Do you have any proof that Lambert lacks "ambition"?

Martinez also "turned down" Liverpool did he not? I don't think it's a coincidence that he only left Wigan when they were finally relegated.

No different to the presumptions that once every big earner goes, Randy will loosen purse strings or that he will give all of Benteke money (which won't be as much now!) for team building. Edited by dodgyknees