Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Hate is an incredibly strong word for something as trivial as football.

I was joking with him .. and I didnt mean it exactly .. I didnt find another word to say anyway but I didnt mean hate really .. I only meant that he is one of the biggest ppeople that doesnt like the manage of Lambert .. You sometimes I dont find the exact word so I try to say the nearest word I know ..

Haha BJ youre one of the most Lerner haters ..

Tbh I think that the club knew their mistskes and are trying to deal with it slowly ..

I want to ask you a question .. After last season .. How much would you liked Lerner to pay in the window to make you put trust in him ?

And what would your aim be ?

Why wouldn't I hate him? He's delivered the worst period I've known as a villa fan.

I don't think there's an exact amount that would make me thing I was wrong.

Do you mean for next season or what I expected this season?

Sorry didnt notice your post ..

No I meant this season ..

In the context of the real world, football is actually pretty trivial. To claim you 'hate' somebody because of how they run a football club (which has been fairly bad, but he hasn't made us go out of existence or be relegated) is a tad OTT.

I think when people say hate in a sentence about football or something similar its usually not meant in a genuine hatred kind of way its just more like a saying, unless that sentence includes joey barton or anything connect to the blue half then its probably genuine. ;)

• Like 1

He's made mistakes but I can think of a lot worse owners than Randy.

Here's a good list - but that doesn't mean Randy is above criticism.

Back on Topic. I really, really hate this 5-3-2 we are playing. Is that Lambert's perferred system? McLeish would be buried for doing the same.

Where did I say he was above criticism? In fact I've criticised himself heavily myself over the last few pages - just for different reasons to most people.

Edited by Mantis

Turning into the new Alex McLeish I fear  :(

How and why?

Accepting we can't win a game even before its started e.g. West Spam. Hoofing the ball up to two big men, Benteke and Prozak lol. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play the same formation against Cardiff and play for the draw.

Edited by Avflife

Where did I say he was above criticism? In fact I've criticised himself heavily myself over the last few pages - just for different reasons to most people.

You didn't. Settle down - I'm very much like you when it comes to Randy.

The owners on that list make him look like he's heaven sent by comparison,  that's all.

Accepting we can't win a game even before its started e.g. West Spam. Hoofing the ball up to two big men, Benteke and Prozak lol. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play the same formation against Cardiff and play for the draw.

Yet we created enough chances to win and we even had a great chance to snatch the win in the latter stages, thus indicating a strong desire and risk to win the game. The formation and style was primarily due to injuries in the squad; we were missing three key players and this obviously disrupted our playing style like it would any other team. 

• Like 2

Yet we created enough chances to win and we even had a great chance to snatch the win in the latter stages, thus indicating a strong desire and risk to win the game. The formation and style was primarily due to injuries in the squad; we were missing three key players and this obviously disrupted our playing style like it would any other team. 

4-3-3 still could of been played even with the injures we had to deal with and what chances did we create to try and win the match??

Weimann had two 1v1s. Benteke rattled the crossbar from point blank. Benteke had a shot tipped away when it was destined for goal.

Ugly, terrible game with a formation I hope to never see again.

But we still had better/more chances.

Edited by Kwan

Any 5 back formation is primarily not to lose surely? Every game teams have chances thats hardly an argument against negative play and i dont see the point in raising the man city game as evidence, that was a freak result albeit a brilliant result. If we played them another 5 times with that formation we'd probably lose them all.

Its not just the formation anyway, this season in general we've been playing some rubbish stuff.