Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Do the people moaning about the atmosphere do anything about it at the ground? Try to start any chants around them? Or do they just moan if others don't start something for them to join in?

IMO it has to come from the Upper Holte. 

I agree. Been a holte ST holder for many a year and have no issue with starting a chant or encouraging people to start. However, on occassions when I've gone down with family/friends and sat in the trinity/DE I almost feel like I can't,  stand up alone and sing results in someone telling you to sit the **** down.

The atmosphere is flat across 99% of the ground in England, look at turkey & germany for how clubs can help make an atmosphere by making fans feel involved, in England its "thanks for spending £40 on a ticket, now sit down, watch the game and go home".

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

Said it from day.... we need defenders. Not loads of strikers, cams and wingers. Defenders. And now PL looks like he could pay the price big time.

We don't need defenders.....we need players who can defend.

There is a difference.

Well that result on the weekend has completely zapped my enthusiasm for this season. It's going to be a very similar season to last season imo. Playing shite at home is getting pretty tiresome.

IMO we need to get behind the team, we need to continue our support, we need to continue to sing at Home and away matches...but by Christ we need to let them know....(not booing) no more of that tripe. That game will not be put right at Norwich, different game, different circumstances, we just need a win...separate issue is putting home form right.

Getting behind the team is not the same as watching poor decisions from the manager and owners as acceptable.

They need to be told.

Edited by TRO

Paul Lambert has in some quarters deemed himself to be a thinking man.

It's how I would like to see him too?

IMO He needs to organise his team away from this Gungho approach and in to a thinking mans...... grow in to the game approach....stop conceding schoolboy goals and gradually ascert ourselves in to scoring.

Whether we have the personnel to do it or not that's what we should be aiming for.

Can I hear some noises from the management ....words to that degree.

I thought it would be bad on here and have not been dissappointed.

What a lot of headless chickens everywhere - there are even people pointing to the 'Table'- after 4 games !!!!!

How about having a bit of perspective ?

I see it with Liverpool - a last minute penalty saved against Stoke, hung on in Second Half against us, yet suddenly they are going to win the League and Sturridge is George Best.

We beat Arsenal, are unlucky against Chelsea, deserve at least a point against Liverpool, and suffer our first defeat to a non Top 6 side since January and it is crisis time.

I'm not saying all is perfect, but just wait and see, the season has barely started FFS !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

What a lot of headless chickens everywhere - there are even people pointing to the 'Table'- after 4 games !!!!!

I see it with Liverpool - a last minute penalty saved against Stoke, hung on in Second Half against us, yet suddenly they are going to win the League and Sturridge is George Best.

We beat Arsenal, are unlucky against Chelsea, deserve at least a point against Liverpool, and suffer our first defeat to a non Top 6 side since January and it is crisis time.

I'm not saying all is perfect, but just wait and see, the season has barely started FFS !

Perfect

I see it with Liverpool - a last minute penalty saved against Stoke, hung on in Second Half against us, yet suddenly they are going to win the League and Sturridge is George Best.

Interesting....and "we go again"

I never understand these 'wait and see posts'. People see an event, be it signing a new player, a good result , or an Injury - and comment on how this will effect the club in the future. Yes we are only 4 games in - but people are looking at those 4 games and other incidents around the club - and are offering there view on how the season will pan out.......Weve lost 3 on the bounce and are down to our last 2 fit centre halves and haven't kept a clean sheet for 26 games.....IMO theres enough substance to suggest a bumpy ride ahead.

• Like 1

What do you suggest we point at after 4 games? It seems to me that we spent most of last season pointing at the same table with very little to brag about.Liverpool hardly hung on in the second half,i felt they were completely in control of the game and we were totally bereft of any ideas when we tried to break down their defense.Losing to a non top six side since January is hardly relevant in this the new season.

• Like 1

Well that result on the weekend has completely zapped my enthusiasm for this season. It's going to be a very similar season to last season imo. Playing shite at home is getting pretty tiresome.

IMO we need to get behind the team, we need to continue our support, we need to continue to sing at Home and away matches...but by Christ we need to let them know....(not booing) no more of that tripe. That game will not be put right at Norwich, different game, different circumstances, we just need a win...separate issue is putting home form right.

Getting behind the team is not the same as watching poor decisions from the manager and owners as acceptable.

They need to be told.

I agree. I'll always support the team no matter what. But I really convinced myself that Lambert knew what he was doing. But he really doesn't know how to get this team defending or playing well at home. We'll have plenty of exciting games away though. It's just a bit frustrating that most fans get to look forward to seeing their teams playing at home, but for us we're just so much better away.

They need to be told.

I agree. I'll always support the team no matter what. But I really convinced myself that Lambert knew what he was doing. But he really doesn't know how to get this team defending or playing well at home. We'll have plenty of exciting games away though. It's just a bit frustrating that most fans get to look forward to seeing their teams playing at home, but for us we're just so much better away.

He does know what he is doing. I think it just that what he is doing isn't working.

Liverpool were very lucky to take 3 points from that game. I was there. They hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half. We were a whisker away from getting a point, and it all could have changed after that.

Liverpool were very lucky to take 3 points from that game. I was there. They hardly touched the ball in the 2nd half. We were a whisker away from getting a point, and it all could have changed after that.

That wasn't how I remembered it. Thought we had a couple of chances late on - but liverpool (sadly) were good value for three points.