Paul Lambert

Pilchard

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Benteke was a Henke signing though. Surely he'd have been a Lambert signing, and the Henke recommendations would've been acted on this coming summer when Lambert had more a feel of things. Everyone keeps saying Henke was the man who spotted him, but there's nothing to suggest this is the case at all. In fact, didn't Lambert spot him when he was at a match looking at one of his teammates?

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Benteke was a Henke signing though. Surely he'd have been a Lambert signing, and the Henke recommendations would've been acted on this coming summer when Lambert had more a feel of things. Everyone keeps saying Henke was the man who spotted him, but there's nothing to suggest this is the case at all. In fact, didn't Lambert spot him when he was at a match looking at one of his teammates?

I was talking about Sylia when referring to our scouting.

Ah right. Anything to say HE was a Henke spot though?

Ah right. Anything to say HE was a Henke spot though?
Na but div 2 french player it must have been a scout. Who knows

Great result, deserves top credit - look at Lowton, Benteke, Sylla there today - superb stuff. And even his Vlaar scored a goal! Although that random duck at 4-1 was a bit weird. But still, signings coming into - Bennett and Guzan played well too, all round have to be chuffed with it, he had them playing with really intensity out there - impressively so especially in the second half -I was expecting us to be a bit cautious, but they were rewarded for coming out the blocks.

Look forward to more of those Sylla esque signings in the summer peppered with the odd Benteke.

Lambert needs to get our German scout back... I dont care offer him a fortune. Be money well spent

Has he definitely gone? Haven't seen this anywhere...

Not sure, i thought he had

I've seen it said on here before but absolutely no idea where it's come from. Irrespective, we know Tekkers was Lambert's spot, as were Lowton and Westwood. 

Do you think Lambert phoned MON for some tips?

Just a thought.

Almost certainly

Got the tactics right against Sunderland.

No Bannan?

Cheap shot!

My opinions are not one dimensional like that. 

I was not demanding his place in the first XI, I thought El Ahmadi should start - he must have been injured, not on the bench.

Fact that Bannan was on the bench shows he still has a place in Lambert's thoughts. The fact I mention that doesn't make me one dimensional. It makes me someone who impassively states the facts.

Edited by Con

Hopefully the doubters will at least give him the benefit now. It's such a massive deal if we stay up. This is the heart of a Villa side that doesn't need to change substantially for 5 years. The short-term pain will have been worth it.

Completely agree, if anything this season was about building the mental strength of players and creating a unity within the squad. Bit by bit I think it's coming together. Especially since certain personalities have become perifery figures.

• Like 1

Regardless of what happens id like Lambert to stay now. I think the mental toughness he has had to instil in these young players while having to learn himself ( I don't think he would have experienced this pressure at a big club before as a manager). Its been a learning curve this season and if we survive im excited to see what he could do with a bit more money next season. Some of his signings are coming good now. Sylla Lowton Bennett were excellent tonight.

The way he has got Wiemann playing and generally all the young players.. im curious to see what he can do with our forgotten star Gary Gardner next season.