Paul Lambert

Pilchard

John... all those austerity measures was forced up on him. It was his only reaction to a leaky bucket... patch it. where the denial is so hard for most to understand is Yes.... its got worse instead of better.

But he patched it was two awful managerial appointments and cutting costs that took all quality from our squad.

well the fact he didnt get value for money is the reason we are in this mess. If you had your money wasted on crap you would think twice before investing big money again. in our squad now we still have 2 expensive duds who including wages have cost him about 20 million and would struggle to get in Championship teams in Delph and N'zogbia. he also spent 10 million on another dud who is playing at bottom 6 in championship.

thats 30 million on 3 poor players. Its like buying a Skoda and paying Ferrari prices

well the fact he didnt get value for money is the reason we are in this mess. If you had your money wasted on crap you would think twice before investing big money again. in our squad now we still have 2 expensive duds who including wages have cost him about 20 million and would struggle to get in Championship teams in Delph and N'zogbia. he also spent 10 million on another dud who is playing at bottom 6 in championship.

thats 30 million on 3 poor players. Its like buying a Skoda and paying Ferrari prices

Why? Why would you get into professional sports if this was your attitude? If he didn't get value for money off MoN is he going to judge all managers the same? And then who hired two shit managers to follow?

Like i said he's just unlucky eh. Poor guy.

I don't think Lerner has had brilliant value for money with the signings we've made. But that's not the reason we are in a mess.

You said in your other post about how we've recovered in the past. We had the opportunity to recover after MON but again Lerner **** things up, cutting costs too quickly and appointing terrible managers.

Look at the mess we're in. Look at how he failed with the browns. Lerner is not the unluckiest owner in sports. To fail with two sports teams in two different sports shows a real level of shitness.

Don't always agree with you Big John but this is spot on. When Milner left, we were 1-2 players short of being a top, top squad. Appointing a manager with a different philosophy to the way our then current squad played and to sell/release any real quality we had a year later is a big portion of this mess.

Don't always agree with you Big John but this is spot on. When Milner left, we were 1-2 players short of being a top, top squad. Appointing a manager with a different philosophy to the way our then current squad played and to sell/release any real quality we had a year later is a big portion of this mess.

w

ho could he have appointed as Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce would have caused uproar among the fans

I don't think Lerner has had brilliant value for money with the signings we've made. But that's not the reason we are in a mess.

You said in your other post about how we've recovered in the past. We had the opportunity to recover after MON but again Lerner **** things up, cutting costs too quickly and appointing terrible managers.

Look at the mess we're in. Look at how he failed with the browns. Lerner is not the unluckiest owner in sports. To fail with two sports teams in two different sports shows a real level of shitness.

....But it is the reason we are in this mess. Its bad business in the transfer market and a failure to get any improvement from the new recruits, in many,many cases the player development went backwards. That is not the direct Fault of Lerner indirect fault maybe for appointing the wrong staff, but the managers pick the players and most of them have not worked out.

Randy Lerner picks the Managers, but its his money initially that backs them.They are expected to get players that make us better not worse.

If Cloughie was alive and you said its lerners fault to him ...he would say bollocks its the Managers responsibility to get value for the team.

If your saying its Lerners fault for picking the Managers.....then you may as well blame uncle doug for choosing Lerner.

So its all his Fault....there we have it.

Randy Lerner picks the Managers, but its his money initially that backs them.They are expected to get players that make us better not worse.

If Cloughie was alive and you said its lerners fault to him ...he would say bollocks its the Managers responsibility to get value for the team.

If your saying its Lerners fault for picking the Managers.....then you may as well blame uncle doug for choosing Lerner.

So its all his Fault....there we have it.

If you take McLeish then he has to take full responsibility for that **** up and what followed. You appoint a poor manager like that then don't be surprised when he spends his entire budget on 3 players, 17 mill, and pays them wages I'd imagine around 150k combined. Not one of his signings 18 months on is making any kind of worthwhile contribution. A 100% fail.

Also at a time when the club decided they wanted to reign in the spending who does Lerner appoint? A known cheque book manager in Houllier and surprise surprise 4 months after his appointment we end up having to spend the best part of 30 mill on two players to help us out of the shit.

Ultimately the owner has to take responsibility if he is appointing poor managers.

Edited by markavfc40

If you take McLeish then he has to take full responsibility for that **** up and what followed. You appoint a poor manager like that then don't be surprised when he spends his entire budget on 3 players, 17 mill, and pays them wages I'd imagine around 150k combined. Not one of his signings 18 months on is making any kind of worthwhile contribution. A 100% fail.

Also at a time when the club decided they wanted to reign in the spending who does Lerner appoint? A known cheque book manager in Houllier and surprise surprise 4 months after his appointment we end up having to spend the best part of 30 mill on two players to help us out of the shit.

Ultimately the owner has to take responsibility if he is appointing poor managers.

Mark, PL has chosen to go for Young Hungry players as opposed to free loading money grabbing mercenaries.

I think most of us applaud that.

I was really enjoying what PL was doing prior to Anfield until the walls of jericho fell down.... now is a bit hard to take in.

Its clear to most of us a bit of experience is desperately required to help the lads out whilst they develop. That to me is a task for the Manager.

If he has no money he needs to say so....If he has got some money in this window he needs to say so too and declare his intention to strengthen.

Fantasy Football

One costing not much more than KEA who Stoke could afford and the other on a free who West Ham can afford.

The only fantasy is the fact that you won't accept anything that contravenes your debate.

Edited by Morpheus

Maybe sign Messi and Ronaldo to play wide, with Sneider in the hole. Why stop with Berbatov maybe go with Michael Jordan at CF with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise to chase the knock-on's

....and Heston Blumental to slice the half-time oranges

I see how this works now

....oh and hover-boots

Is that the sort of team we'll have when Lambert finally gets it right VillaCas? Edited by Morpheus

Whatever happens dont sack Lambert. We need consistensy wheater we are in the championship or the PL.

So let's say we are relegated?

You advocate keeping Lambert for consistency even though to relegate us his performance must have been consistently rubbish?

Starting to think that VillaCas actually is Paul Lambert.

It kinda makes sense if Paul Lambert is spending all his time arguing a hopeless point on an internet forum instead of managing the team. That would explain why we are now worse than under McLeish in every aspect of the game.

I note that VillaCas still hasn't answered the question on how if there aren't better players out there to improve us on low wages how did Newcastle and Swansea do it?

Probably because it pretty much blows his theory about Lambert out of the water.

If people point out genuine mistakes I don't argue with them

- I can't understand why Bannan takes those floaty corners

- I think KEA so far looks a poor buy

- I don't know the reasons why PL didnt buy a DM

- I would have preferred to batten down the hatches against Chelsea and Spurs rather than carry on attacking

- I think PL could be better at communicating with the fans. The constant "We go again" irritates me

- If it was me I would have played a four in midfield and pushed Weimann up alongside Benteke

etc etc etc

However,

1) there may be good reasons why certain things happen which I don't understand

2) I think the "mistakes" that are made are not the reason we are in the position we are in

3) I would think that every manager in the league can be second-guessed by the internet "experts" in the same way

If Roberto Mancini took over the squad McL left and had the same budget for fees and wages he couldn't do any better. People who say "PL should have signed better more experienced players" or (my favourite) "We should have signed Berbatov, Adam, Diame etc" must think that Lambert is stupid.

I hoped that we would appoint OGS or Gus Poyet in the summer but I'm very happy with PL and i'll keep supporting him

That's another very big statement to make that the manager who won the Premiership last season couldn't improve on Lambert's present record with us but do carry on. I'm intrigued as to what's coming next in your defence of Lambert?

One costing not much more than KEA who Stoke could afford and the other on a free who West Ham can afford.

The only fantasy is the fact that you won't accept anything that contravenes your debate.

Unbelievable!!

Would I swap Diame for KEA...Yes

Would I swap Adam for Westwood...maybe

Would their wages have been sanctioned....No

As I said Fantasy Football