Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert is saying our growing injury list is beginning to concern him

If that's the case why did he not strengthen further back in the summer and bring in more players

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that we have one of the weakest squads in the premier league in terms of depth and quality

I'm firmly in the Lambert camp and I'm glad he's our manager but the buck has to stop somewhere

Is it because Lerner wasn't willing to back him further or was it more a case of Lambert being happy with what he had? Surely not

Edited by AshVilla

Apparently he didn't spend all of his available budget in the summer so he could have purchased more players.

Lambert also would have had a fair idea how poor we were in the game against Norwich at the end of last season and i'm sure he was under no illusions that it was a major re-building job he was undertaking while joining us.

If that's the case why did he not strengthen further back in the summer and bring in more players

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that we have one of the weakest squads in the premier league in terms of depth and quality

I'm firmly in the Lambert camp and I'm glad he's our manager but the buck has to stop somewhere

Is it because Lerner wasn't willing to back him further or was it more a case of Lambert being happy with what he had? Surely not

I'd like to see any team cope with having 3 of their 4 main centre-backs and 3 of their 4 main strikers all injured.

Apparently he didn't spend all of his available budget in the summer so he could have purchased more players.

Lambert also would have had a fair idea how poor we were in the game against Norwich at the end of last season and i'm sure he was under no illusions that it was a major re-building job he was undertaking while joining us.

hopefully the money he didnt spend over the summer will be added to the january budget. And im guessing he wanted to evaluate and see what he had before bringing more players in. If all the budget was spent over the summer we might have ended up with some possitions having to many players but with massive gaps elsewhere.

He probably thought we would be fine with what we had until january, now if that worked or not is debatable. Im looking forward to the january window, i think it will tell alot about how we will advance as a team.

He signed 7 players, many of which he signed before he had the chance to see what he really had at his disposal.

So he should have signed more players in the summer AND not signed any players until he had fully assessed what was already there

Brilliant

If things were actually much better like we keep getting told then people wouldn't have to be selective in the periods they choose to compare.

You just don't like it when the statistics don't support your view

Simply put - We are not yet good enough under Lambert, if the second half of the season is not better than the first then I will join you in criticizing but at the moment I can have confidence that we will improve

Haha what statistics? The ones you've chosen from a selected period that suits you?

Your quite good at doing that as well though, a long with piping up when we're doing badly.

Lambert needs time, even if we go down or not he should be our manager.

Time means actual a long period of time, not **** 5 mins and getting rid when the going gets tough, it just doesn't instantly go rosy just like that!

Just for villacas. Some more statistics.

Last year we averaged 0.98 goals per game and averaged 1.39 goals conceded a game.

So far we average 0.78 goals per game and average 1.89 goals conceded a game.

Is that improvement?

are you just blatantly ignoring the fact we had a manager who set up to not concede goals. In some games we had 7 defenders on the pitch! Spurs away I think it was and even then we lost hopelessly 2-0.

We had a defensive manager, who is bound to have a better goals conceded record...

And yet this terrible negative defensive manager was able to average more goals and points per game.

Think about it though for the first half of the season we had an in form Bent and an in form Gabby. Who were bound to score goals.

its a good thing that PL didnt spend all the money, if he had, there would be less to strengthen in january, we know 4 out of 7 have worked, but what if he bought another 2 players back in the summer and they didnt work? at least now he can tweak the team, well needs to anyway

With logic like that you probably shouldn't be going anywhere near rocket science.