Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Indeed. There's a reason we stopped playing this formation in 1996, and that's because when you face a good team with excellent attacking players, you end up getting battered. Only a complete moron would have stuck with the tactic after the Chelsea debacle, especially when facing a team with Gareth Bale in it, but that's what that chump Lambert decided to do. But never mind eh Paul, we'll just "pick ourselves up and go again" eh?

Although there are things Lambert is at fault for the wingbacks system didnt cost us yesterday. We conceded 4 goals in the second half after wed changed system.

Lambert hasn't been taking us forward though and i maintain that he is not the right manager for us.

We already had several young players in and around our first team before Lambert was appointed and we didn't need more.

What we did need though was stability.

That stability could have been achieved from bringing more of the right experienced players into our team before the season started. Everyone has their own choice of player and i have put forward mine more than most so i will leave it at that but the blame for our current position and team lies soley with Lambert.

Many will say to excuse him that he inherited a very poor squad and there is some truth in that.

However, he had at his disposal one of the best goalscorers in the Premiership and rather than basing his team and tactics around that player, he has actually alienated him. He also had Ireland who is still by far our best technical player, yet plays him sporadically.

Moreover, Lambert hasn't identified how to get the best out of N'Zogbia. A simple phone call to Wigan's manager would have sorted that out. Play him cutting in from the right FFS!!

Tactically Lambert has been mostly inept. He hasn't got the best out of what he inherited and certainly for me didn't purchase the players we needed preferring to gamble on youth which we already had in abundance.

He has also made our defence worse.

If we don't win against Wigan then he must go!

Lambert has been a complete disaster. He can't organise a defense to save his life. Norwich were bloody awful at the back last year and Lamberts plan of bringing in a load of kids has backfired big time. He changed to much too soon and alienated experienced first team players and now he stands on the touchline like a spare prick at a wedding. I didn't think he would do any good but to be worse than McLeish is quite an achievement. Worst attack, worst defense and the laughing stock of the premier league after being battered twice on national tv. It beggars belief people still chant his name, he is a clueless crock of shit.

Except you would need to find £15-20m to buy Sandros or similar quality and another £100m to buy Bale, Lennon and Dembele to play alongside him. Lambert has a midfield valued at about £8m to compete with that

Edit. Edited by Morpheus

I agree. Over the summer we needed quantity and proven quality but for a 17 mill net spend we were not getting both so Lambert went with quantity and gambled on players with potential.

He didn't spend all of his available budget. How many f**k!ng times???

He didn't spend all of his available budget. How many f**k!ng times???

Seeing as you're a football management expert, I'm surprised you don't know that there's more to bringing in players than waving money and clicking your fingers. It's a long process. Even MON, with his almost unlimited budget, never managed to sign more than 4 players in a transfer window. We signed 7 in the summer, of whom four have been excellent.

Seeing as you're a football management expert, I'm surprised you don't know that there's more to bringing in players than waving money and clicking your fingers. It's a long process. Even MON, with his almost unlimited budget, never managed to sign more than 4 players in a transfer window. We signed 7 in the summer, of whom four have been excellent.

The point was implied that Lambert was given only 17m to spend. Lambert has already stated that Lerner made more money available for him to buy more established players.

No need for the sarcasm as i am no expert yet understand that it can be difficult to sign a multitude of players in one window if you are not QPR.

Four?

Benteke........... replaced Bent when we needed someone alongside Bent, Bent was scoring goals, we needed a winger/wide player. Not saying he isn't decent but to alienate one player in favour of another when we have a small and average squad is utterly barmy.

Lowton...... ok he's better than Hutton, but we are asking way to much of him.

Vlaar.......... we have still shipped as many goals with him in defence as we did with Collins and Dunne, i like Vlaar but i'm not sure he's as amazing as a lot of people think he is. For every positionally astute interception and tackle he makes he misses about three.

Westwood....... our team is so **** bad that a player that does the basics right is suddenly heralded as amazing, yes Westwood is half decent, but what is his role in the side, he doesn't create anything and he's not defensive at all? Maybe alongside a player we've yet to sign he will thrive and continue to improve, but until then???

The point was implied that Lambert was given only 17m to spend. Lambert has already stated that Lerner made more money available for him to buy more established players.

Then it is Lambert's fault for not signing these more established players.

I think that's a bit too much of an obvious conclusion to arrive at. It seems that all of the frozen out players are the ones who Houllier and McLeish had serious trouble with, and coincidentally were involved in 'that night' on Broad Street.

That wasn't my conclusion. Just passing on what I heard. As I said, could easily be BS.

Probably due to conceding 12 in two!

How does that make Dunne a better player though? Just because the defenders playing last night were shit that doesn't make Dunne any less shit.

I'd be interested to know how many goals we conceded last season with Dunne in the team?

I've already explained this multiple times. A team that is geared entirely towards defence will inevitably concede less goals. That's why we didn't concede that many last season.

Four?

Benteke........... replaced Bent when we needed someone alongside Bent, Bent was scoring goals, we needed a winger/wide player. Not saying he isn't decent but to alienate one player in favour of another when we have a small and average squad is utterly barmy.

Lowton...... ok he's better than Hutton, but we are asking way to much of him.

Vlaar.......... we have still shipped as many goals with him in defence as we did with Collins and Dunne, i like Vlaar but i'm not sure he's as amazing as a lot of people think he is. For every positionally astute interception and tackle he makes he misses about three.

Westwood....... our team is so **** bad that a player that does the basics right is suddenly heralded as amazing, yes Westwood is half decent, but what is his role in the side, he doesn't create anything and he's not defensive at all? Maybe alongside a player we've yet to sign he will thrive and continue to improve, but until then???

It is Lambert's fault for not signing more established players.

I'm glad you knew which four I was talking about. They can't be all that bad then.

Darren Bent did score the odd goal this season, yes, but most of us seem to agree that his work rate wasn't good enough. If the squad is as bad as you suggest, then someone who doesn't work hard enough is a luxury.

As I said in the post you quoted, Lambert did pretty well in the transfer window. He may not have spent all of his budget, but for one am glad he got the players he did, and I'm not sure that either the time or the money available would have stretched further to include the kind of superstar winger you seem to think we should have signed.

That wasn't my conclusion. Just passing on what I heard. As I said, could easily be BS.

How does that make Dunne a better player though? Just because the defenders playing last night were shit that doesn't make Dunne any less shit.

I've already explained this multiple times. A team that is geared entirely towards defence will inevitably concede less goals. That's why we didn't concede that many last season.

Which makes your explanation correct? It could also be argued that conceding less goals could be explained by having better players within that defensive unit?

Which makes your explanation correct? It could also be argued that conceding less goals could be explained by having better players within that defensive unit?

We conceded less goals because we set up to defend all the time and rarely attacked even when we went a goal or two down. Teams knew this and were happy to stand off us most of the time once they'd gotten a goal or two and save themselves the effort.

I'd love Bouma, Laursen, and Mellberg in our defence right now.

Now we're talking. Now THAT was a unit. Far better than the overrated Dunne and Collins. Edited by Mantis

Nope, Diame.

Different players, Nzonzi plays the deeper of the two, breaks up play and passes it off. Diame seems to be more of a inferior version of Yaya Toure in the sense he pushes forward much more. I'd happily have had them both.