Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Everyone will still be behind Lambert. It makes no sense to get on his back... however, we need Dunne, Vlaar and Ireland starting every match so that we bring some steel into our team. We then desperately need a hard bastard stuck in midfield to protect all the girls we have around him.

• Like 1

Everyone will still be behind Lambert. It makes no sense to get on his back... however, we need Dunne, Vlaar and Ireland starting every match so that we bring some steel into our team. We then desperately need a hard bastard stuck in midfield to protect all the girls we have around him.

Are team is pathetic & weak really. Lowton, Bennett, Herd, Bannan, Delph, KEA, Allbrighton, Lichaj, Stevens, Wiemann and Holman all look like they would blow away with a strong gust of wind

Lambert has invested in kids. The kids have proven so far to be so out of their depth it is unreal.

Now you can accept defeats with kids but defeats of this nature suggest to me that PL doesn't have the man management ability of predecessors.

Edited by West

Thanks for another wonderful Xmas present Paul

Well done to all our fans who went to Chelsea and Spurs games

you didnt deserve that, it was bad enough to watch it at home but to spend hard earned cash at Xmas to witness that, your a better fan than me

im off to watch The Dark Knight Rises to restore my faith that there are some geniuses out there who can direct and orchestrate a good performance out of their staff

Absolute nonsense.

Chelsea had one win in 2 months. They played 6 games in 19 days. They just came back from the other side of the world and then had to go up to Leeds and back. They are a very old team and were without Terry.

There was never a better time to play Chelsea in the last 10 years... and I'm not exaggerating.

Spurs were in a rich run of form, but even if they weren't we would have still lost to their youth team based on this performance. The last 2 games are an absolute disgrace to Aston Villa and it is indefensible.

Chin up, Sunshine. I know you're hurting.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "Any defeat is tough and I feel sorry for them a little bit. I cannot fault the effort of the players though.

"The players were fine after the Chelsea game but they are a young side and it is a long season. We have played Chelsea and Spurs, two tough sides and now we have to win on Saturday.

"Taking nothing away from Spurs, they were very good in the first half but we defended strong. We kept on going.

"I have never once got carried away. They are young and have done great for me. People can get caught up in what happened at Anfield but I kept my feet on the ground. You can get beaten up in this league and that is what has happened to us.

"We have a few big players out and we will try and get them back as soon as possible."

I cannot fault the effort of the players though. < Very disappointed he comes out with this again.