Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Dunne is **** shit. I don't miss him one bit. We need Vlaar back though and definitely need to get another centre back in in January.

Couldn't disagree more. He might not be a very good footballer, but we need experience from the back and that means we need Dunne more than Vlaar. How many times was Bale free in the center of our penalty box with not a single Villa player around him? That would never happen with Dunne's leadership role. All 4 goals today could have been stopped incredibly easily.

Still has my full support and I believe in him to turn it around.

We've played 2 of the best, most in-form teams in the country at just about the worst time but we'll bounce back. Lambert will be given a decent amount of funds in January which he will use to buy wisely and we'll start climbing the table.

• Like 1

Lambert doesn't seem to know what the hell he's doing. I'm not sure if that's an acceptable trade off for having a lot of promising young players who might (or might not) get better at some undefined point in future.

Also, I said so at the time but it's all the more evident now that shipping out 2 first team CBs, from an already threadbare defence, then filling the gaps with youngsters and one unproven new arrival was madness. We should not be having to contemplate Clark and Lowton as our CB pairing.

Any other manager would get massive boo's at FT and banners would be out etc...but Lambert? "Paul Lambert claret and blue army" was being chanted at full time.

What worries me though is the fact he looked clueless throughout the game whenever the camera was on him ... tbh he is lucky we had McLeish last year.

We'll see what happens against Wigan and in the Jan window.. but the past two games I never expected any points but at the same time i didn't expect to let 12 goals in...

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Couldn't disagree more. He might not be a very good footballer, but we need experience from the back and that means we need Dunne more than Vlaar. How many times was Bale free in the center of our penalty box with not a single Villa player around him? That would never happen with Dunne's leadership role. All 4 goals today could have been stopped incredibly easily.

You're massively overrating Dunne. He may be really experienced but he's still shit and over the hill. Our defence may be shit this season without him but remember it was shit last season with him.

Vlaar is very experienced as well, but unlike Dunne he's actually a half decent defender.

Still has my full support and I believe in him to turn it around.

We've played 2 of the best, most in-form teams in the country at just about the worst time but we'll bounce back. Lambert will be given a decent amount of funds in January which he will use to buy wisely and we'll start climbing the table.

Absolute nonsense.

Chelsea had one win in 2 months. They played 6 games in 19 days. They just came back from the other side of the world and then had to go up to Leeds and back. They are a very old team and were without Terry.

There was never a better time to play Chelsea in the last 10 years... and I'm not exaggerating.

Spurs were in a rich run of form, but even if they weren't we would have still lost to their youth team based on this performance. The last 2 games are an absolute disgrace to Aston Villa and it is indefensible.

You're massively overrating Dunne. He may be really experienced but he's still shit and over the hill. Our defence may be shit this season without him but remember it was shit last season with him.

Vlaar is very experienced as well, but unlike Dunne he's actually a half decent defender.

Vlaar has also been crap on numerous occasions this season

He has had 10 years at the top and gone to multiple international tournaments. The Villa squad are excellent footballers but lack any kind of leadership or Premiership experience. Dunne brings an edge to our squad which we are missing and you don't get all the experience he has without doing something right. If we had Dunne and Vlaar as our center backs this evening we wouldn't have let in any of those 4 goals. I'm not so confident if it was Vlaar and Clark.

He has had 10 years at the top and gone to multiple international tournaments. The Villa squad are excellent footballers but lack any kind of leadership or Premiership experience. Dunne brings an edge to our squad which we are missing and you don't get all the experience he has without doing something right. If we had Dunne and Vlaar as our center backs this evening we wouldn't have let in any of those 4 goals. I'm not so confident if it was Vlaar and Clark.

Dunne's completely past it now, and I honestly don't know what you're talking about when you speak of his "leadership".

It's amazing how Dunne's suddenly becoming this good player in the eyes of many fans since he has been absent.

Hardly "numerous occasions". Hardly his fault he doesn't have any protection from midfield.

If he is going to go 3 at the back I'd go with Vlaar, Dunne and Baker if they are all available. However if he going to persist with 3 at the back I suggest Lambert gets another full back and an entirely new midfield. Bannan is dodgy as is Delph and the less said about KEA the better!