Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Okore, Tonev & Bacuna for the price of Nigel Reo-Coker. Well done Lambert

crazy isn't it? just think what lambert could have done in the market with the amounts MON was given.

But we have no frame of reference. None of these players have played in the premiership so we don't know how they'd stack up to Reo-Coker let alone Harewood.

MON with the benefit of hindsight was a managerial dinosaur. He's now jobless because he's as outdated as Nokia 3310. But we must remember back then was a different time. Pre recession money was worth half it is now. Debt was accepted.

• Like 1

We are now officially a mixture between Lyon and Dortmund and I fully endorse it. It's what we should be doing. 

I'm glad we've finally got someone with a 'plan'. He knows what he wants to do and he's doing it, and hopefully he does it well.

Dortmund is now an amazingly well run club. Their wages are only 30% of their turnover! Thats incredible in the modern era.

We are now officially a mixture between Lyon and Dortmund and I fully endorse it. It's what we should be doing. 

I'm glad we've finally got someone with a 'plan'. He knows what he wants to do and he's doing it, and hopefully he does it well.

Dortmund is now an amazingly well run club. Their wages are only 30% of their turnover! Thats incredible in the modern era.

We were at about 65% with the last books weren't we? With the increased TV revenue coming in at the end of the season, the players that have since left and the likelihood of a higher league placing this coming season, we could well be down below 50% by the time we see the books for 2013/14

IMO, Paul Lambert could change Aston Villa as a club, in a way not seen since Sir Graham Taylor. Remember signings like Platt and Yorke and the effect they had (and the money they made). I often wonder how our fortunes would have turned out had he had not taken the England job (I wonder if he thinks the same sometimes). I think the next few years could be the nearest we've ever come to finding out.

TRO quote taken from the Okore thread, seems more appropriate here...

why are we so attractive?......its about many factors, but like when sharks smell blood.... young football players smell when something is going on.

They know Lambert knows what he is doing and they smell something good.

It's so refreshing.

I realise how ridiculous this might sound coming from a 30 year old man, but I'm so genuinely proud of what we are right now, what Lambert has made us, I actually have a little tear in my eye.

I'm starting to idolise him like I did Martin O'Neill and that takes some doing, especially given my apathy towards him 6 months ago.

Maybe I'm just a bit tired, but it's good to have passion again for this club to go along with the undying love.

Awesome times.

Im not happy with Lambert. what am i going to do on transfer deadline day when im clinging to the hope we will sign some players and we end up with raw talent like Leonhardsen, Salifou and Dawkins :P

His unwavering belief that his team of kids was good enough to stay up without resorting to playing for draws, without resorting to bringing in experienced PL players on loan etc showed real strength of character and stubborness that you could liken to Ferguson or Wenger. I think it's starting to rub of on the players too.

Playing for draws isn't a mathematically sound strategy either. Something Lambert seems to get. 1 point is fairly inconsiquential and three is so much more valuable.

His unwavering belief that his team of kids was good enough to stay up without resorting to playing for draws, without resorting to bringing in experienced PL players on loan etc showed real strength of character and stubborness that you could liken to Ferguson or Wenger. I think it's starting to rub of on the players too.

Playing for draws isn't a mathematically sound strategy either. Something Lambert seems to get. 1 point is fairly inconsiquential and three is so much more valuable.

Try telling that to our last manager....

That has to be one of the biggest things that won me over on Lambert. He doesn't play for a fecking draw and lots of the time will not have the side sit back defending 1 nil leads for 80 minutes like another former manager did. The only match where I think we set up for a draw was QPR away and reflecting on it, that was one match where a loss would have been very very bad, so it was fine by me.

That has to be one of the biggest things that won me over on Lambert. He doesn't play for a fecking draw and lots of the time will not have the side sit back defending 1 nil leads for 80 minutes like another former manager did. The only match where I think we set up for a draw was QPR away and reflecting on it, that was one match where a loss would have been very very bad, so it was fine by me.

A direct rival in the table would be the only time playing for a draw makes sense as you deny them two points. Lamberts seems smarter and smarter the more I think about itf2f

As someone said previously, I've never been so sure of a manager in charge of the team. Lambert has a clear strategy and set of beliefs, and his signings reflect that. I can't think of many in the league who have a clear a philosophy and plan as we do at the minute. 

I have to admit that some of his decisions puzzled me last season and also worried me. However, I am now at a stage where Lambo has my full trust and support and I hope he continues with his philosophies because the man clearly has a way about him that inspires his players and, after looking relegation certainties all season, turned it around and got the same bunch of players playing the nicest style of football I have seen from Villa in quite some time.

My hope for this season is that we are not relegation threatened and that we can play with confidence and freedom so that we can watch some nice flowing footie. I am sure that we will see a load of goals this season :-)