Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Ive never been lerners biggest fan these past few seasons but many boards/owners would have sacked lambert on the spot in late january so fairplay to him for that. Think we'll only improve with him, especially if he keeps producing signings like lowton and benteke.

Job well and truly done and for me just reward for sticking with him and showing faith.

Mancini went for not achieving targets . Lambert has met all his targets Afaiac

Sort out squad clique and get a teamwork ethic

Begin removal of high wage wasters

Bring in value players whose value will only increase and the club could profit from

Change playing style of the club from boring shite of last year

Do it on a relative shoestring in comparison to other clubs and the size of the task

Oh and by he way do all that and keep us up.

Several large ticks in boxes

• Like 2

What tipped me over the edge was the Bradford defeat in the cup. As far as the league's gone I think he's done a solid job.

i still haven't got over that, believe me !

What tipped me over the edge was the Bradford defeat in the cup. As far as the league's gone I think he's done a solid job.

i still haven't got over that, believe me !

Neither have I, but he has his redeeming points (unlike McLeish).

Many terrible memories from this season - for me the lowest time was losing at home ironically 0-3 to Wigan - i thought we were well and truly ****** then still hoped Lambert could turn it round and for me the turning point was Stoke away and Lowtons goal - from that point on I felt confident we were safe.

I now believe that if Lambert can bring in 3/4 decent players for the weak positions we will can look forward again. However I still think its going to take at least 3/4 years to see if he has any chance of doing a Dortmund.

He's precided over some of the lowest ebbs I've ever experienced as a Villa fan, but to his credit he turned things around when he looked to be a dead man walking. He's achieved the bare minimum this season which was keeping us up.

I hope he's backed now and Lerner doesnt just look to cash in on Benteke. Lambert can really push us on and we should be looking upwards now.

We sailed close to the wind and are all the more healthy for it in a way i.e. it was judged to perfection. Can't wait for next season. Well done Lambert. Hopefully there'll be a few more believers next season or at least some willing to give you the benefit.

I'm delighted that he was able to get this squad to pull through, I honestly believe we have a great guy in charge of our club. A problem that i have is that there will still be tough times ahead and we still need to back him, I can imagine similar situations through tough times next year when people will just call for his head again but this will take time, such is the cleaning up of the mess of the last few years.

The squad has grown phenomenally over the last four months, we've seen a few boys become men and we've seen a bond and a desire to stay in this league, implanted by Lambert and great potential in many of his signings. However Lambert still faces a huge obstacle in Lerner, after all the bizarre decisions the guy has made over the last few years, I just really, really hope he has learned a few lessons and can give Lambert the tools he needs to get us properly competing in this league again. It's absolutely massive for us that we stayed up this year, with the extra money we'll be able to stabilize the club financially while still adding to the squad and hopefully secure our future properly. So thanks Mr Lambert for keeping us up!

UTV

Ive never been lerners biggest fan these past few seasons but many boards/owners would have sacked lambert on the spot in late january so fairplay to him for that. Think we'll only improve with him, especially if he keeps producing signings like lowton and benteke.

Personally I believe Lambert kept his job as Lerner is not really interested in us any more and doesnt pay much attention. A much more hands on owner would have sacked him after the Bradford disaster. In hindsight it was for the best we stuck with him to be honest!

I don't think he came to a single game this season? Am I correct?

As long as we keep ticking over and living with our means he'll be happy until he can sell to someone who will invest the required amount to take us further.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Ive never been lerners biggest fan these past few seasons but many boards/owners would have sacked lambert on the spot in late january so fairplay to him for that. Think we'll only improve with him, especially if he keeps producing signings like lowton and benteke.

Personally I believe Lambert kept his job as Lerner is not really interested in us any more and doesnt pay much attention. A much more hands on owner would have sacked him after the Bradford disaster. In hindsight it was for the best we stuck with him to be honest!

I don't think he came to a single game this season? Am I correct?

As long as we keep ticking over and living with our means he'll be happy until he can sell to someone who will invest the required amount to take us further.

While I cannot say whether Lerner is interested, I think Lambert's job was never in doubt as Lerner had nowhere else to go and Lambert was reducing the wage bill as he wanted. I think Lerner wants out but will he invest to improve his chances of selling or visa versa bank the additional money to reduce his loans? Edited by MikeMcKenna

I've been waiting for months to say this, but now we're finally safe I can say it...

I don't think we can properly judge this season until the end of next season. If we continue with our current style of play (more attacking, better on the ball), continue making shrewd signings and can get a respectable mid-table finish next season then I think this season will have been a pretty big success. We've needed this kind of overhaul for years and it was always going to be a very tough season, a better before it gets worse kind of thing. I'm just glad we hit form right at the time and managed to come through on the other side.

At least this season feels like we've got something from all this pain.

We don't always agree, but spot on there.

The difference is we do seem to have a plan, a foundation and a philosophy now going forwards, whereas the past 2 seasons consisted of making the most out of MON's leftovers with no real direction (although I would've like to have seen how Houllier would've planned out under another season.), plus I really enjoy the playing style we now have, just need to add a few numbers to the defence and tighten up, there's no reason why we couldn't have a decent season next as long as we keep our big players.

Will be interesting to see what move he makes next in the summer. More of the same similar signings will lead to another season like this imo.

Strong disagree. Most of Lambert's signings have been good to excellent and I think another transfer window will see us improve further.

• Like 1