Paul Lambert

Pilchard

How did the journalist "get personal" - what was the printed offence?

To be honest, i think its frustration. You keep loosing the way we are, and you want to hit out. Blaming the media and creating a them and us scenario might be he only way he feels he can keep the growing pressure away from an wholly inexperienced bunch of lads?

Loving this, so now the failings of Lambert are due to the local press, who have done nothing more than express the feelings of many fans?

There are some absolute crackers of comments now coming from those who's sole aim seems to be defend Lambert (ironic considering one of the biggest failings of Lambert is to send out a team that can defend but never seem to do so). None of the local journalists or the others who have Villa as their "main" team have stated anything that vindictive or running to any other agenda's. They have rightly relayed the popular opinions of many fans who are clearly fed up with the weak and feeble efforts of people like Lambert, who continues to try and deflect any sort of blame.

A leader who deflects and blames anyone but themselves, lack of investment causing problems, infrastructure blaming the press, blind faith from a certain group of supporters, this could be the Tory party Gvmt all over - except unlike those bunch of arseholes, people actually care about AVFC :-)))))

Edited by drat01

This article is bonkers, clearly not been on VT even though he should be right..

Aston Villa fans showing their quality by standing by Paul Lambert during difficult times

After resting some of his key Aston Villa players and going out of the FA Cup at the New Den, manager Paul Lambert reflected late on Friday night that “the Premier League is the most important thing”.

By Henry Winter11:05PM GMT 26 Jan 20134 Comments

It is the only thing now. Aston Villa have gone out of two cup competitions in three days. Lambert is a decent manager trying to negotiate his way out of a nightmare partly of his own making, partly of owner Randy Lerner’s and partly of his nervous players.

Lambert needs to drill his creaking defence better and omitting Christian Benteke and Gabby Agbonlahor from his forward line against Millwall inhibited Villa’s chances of regaining some confidence.

The only innocents in this Villa blame game are the supporters. They turned up at Villa Park in their tens of thousands to see the team slide out of the Capital One Cup against Bradford City, while more than 1,600 then travelled south to watch a changed, leaderless side slump out of the FA Cup at the hands of Millwall.

What did the fans want when the season started? Positive football, a push for the top 10, a cup run or two to stir some dreams, players to show pride in the shirt and, soon, for serial maladies such as an inability to defend crosses to be addressed by Lambert and his coaches. Villa fans are not asking for titles or Champions League places. They just want their team to be respected.

But Villa are not at the moment. They are a soft touch. What is remarkable, and a great credit to the Holte End and beyond, is

that the fans are still patient. There have been no mass demonstrations against Lambert, no full-scale mutiny demanding his replacement. They want Lambert to succeed, partly because he replaced Alex McLeish, who was never embraced because of his Birmingham City connections.

There also seems to be an understanding within the Villa support that Lambert has to rebuild the side to Lerner’s Financial Fair Play-related designs.

They also know that Lerner is committed to Lambert and that the tough Scot is “not a quitter”, to apply his own parlance.

But everyone knows how important Tuesday night now is. Newcastle United are in town, having endured similar troubles to Villa but having tackled their squad deficiencies.

Lerner has not spent. Mike Ashley has, appreciating how expensive relegation would be. So many French-speaking players have arrived at St James’ Park in January that the famous pub behind Gallowgate, The Strawberry, changed its name to “La Fraise”.

There is some good news for Villa fans with indications that the lively attacker, Andreas Weimann, may extend his contract beyond 2014.

Lambert may even be vindicated for his resting of players last Friday. Benteke and Agbonlahor may storm past Fabricio Coloccini but there remains a feeling that an opportunity was missed in the FA Cup. Villa fans have only survival to focus on now.

Edited by VillaForever1970

Club decision. Not managers.

I am calling bullshit on this. 

Lambert is getting stick from the fans about blanking a journalist he seems to be having a tiff with. Peterms puts forward a suggestion that Lambert blanking him might be related to Lerner not responding to the press and you, ever eager to defend your man Lambert, jump on this and start claiming it is now club policy for the manager not to talk to the press. 

The decision to ignore Kendrick was Lambert's alone. He was not told to act that way from above, if he was I'd expect him to turn around to the owner and tell him to but out.  

I agree with Henry Winter on the McLeish point.

Lambert is trading heavily on the fact that he is Not McLeish while serving up football that is even more woeful than either of his last two predecessors, which is saying something.

How long this will last us anybody's guess. Judging by many of the comments on here, maybe the majority of fans will happily march behind Lambert down into the Championship.

This article is bonkers, clearly not been on VT even though he should be right..

Internet forums tend to wildly exaggerated statements, and this one is no exception.  Statements are often much more extreme than views people hold in real life - partly because the format encourages posting one side of a view to provoke reaction, rather than presenting a more balanced view.

What he says about the supporters is

What is remarkable, and a great credit to the Holte End and beyond, is that the fans are still patient. There have been no mass demonstrations

against Lambert, no full-scale mutiny demanding his replacement. They want Lambert to succeed, partly because he replaced Alex McLeish, who was never embraced because of his Birmingham City connections.

There also seems to be an understanding within the Villa support that Lambert has to rebuild the side to Lerner’s Financial Fair Play-related designs.  They also know that Lerner is committed to Lambert and that the tough Scot is “not a quitter”, to apply his own parlance.

I don't see anything incorrect there.  Fans have been supportive towards Lambert, though obviously massively disappointed and extremely concerned.

And a few excitable histrionics on this and other sites don't change that.

I think the attitude this season shows the blues connection with Mcleish was obviously more of an issue than some claimed.

What was it we wanted on a banner? "It's not where you're from, it's where you're taking us"

And now plenty have no problems with being taken to the championship.

Edited by Big_John_10

Internet forums tend to wildly exaggerated statements, and this one is no exception.  Statements are often much more extreme than views people hold in real life - partly because the format encourages posting one side of a view to provoke reaction, rather than presenting a more balanced view.

What he says about the supporters is

I don't see anything incorrect there.  Fans have been supportive towards Lambert, though obviously massively disappointed and extremely concerned.

And a few excitable histrionics on this and other sites don't change that.

i actually agree with that.

I think the attitude this season shows the blues connection with Mcleish was obviously more of an issue than some claimed.

What was it we wanted on a banner? "It's not where you're from, it's where you're taking us"

The SHA connection was significant definitely .

and this is all because he was from the blues? or could it be that most fans have realised that changing managers more often than i change pants aint going to do much use?

I didn't want McLeish because I thought he was shit - and I was right!

I preferred Solskjaer or Hughton to Lambert but we went for the latter.

I was willing to give Lambert a chance and was happy enough for him to be our manager.

Lambert has turned out to be worse than McLeish, so far.

• Like 1

That's an example of the sort of thing Peter posted

Internet forums tend to wildly exaggerated statements...because the format encourages posting one side of a view to provoke reaction...excitable histrionics

Either that or you don't read a word of what's written or said.