Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Nope, it will be a summer of change if things go to plan and the club stay up.

I thought that was last summer? You know after we shifted all that deadwood, now its this summer, after we shift some more deadwood that we acquired after the last lot of deadwood.

Year after year of going backwards. Nobody at the club has any idea of how we got here or how to fix it.

Neither do I to be honest, but I am not paid to know :)

• Like 1

I thought that was last summer? You know after we shifted all that deadwood, now its this summer, after we shift some more deadwood that we acquired after the last lot of deadwood.

Year after year of going backwards. Nobody at the club has any idea of how we got here or how to fix it.

Neither do I to be honest, but I am not paid to know :)

I bet you do. Wave your fingers, blow out cloud from mouth, jump on cloud. Then speed away to find Pigsy and Sandy who are imprisoned with some bald lady. Take out small wooden stick from behind ear. Magically it expands and becomes deadly weapon.

Beat shit out of enemy. Then come to kill the evil lord, at which point your head gear contracts and you fall in agony as said bald lady, Tripataka tells you violence isn’t the way.

• Like 1

I bet you do. Wave your fingers, blow out cloud from mouth, jump on cloud. Then speed away to find Pigsy and Sandy who are imprisoned with some bald lady. Take out small wooden stick from behind ear. Magically it expands and becomes deadly weapon.

Beat shit out of enemy. Then come to kill the evil lord, at which point your head gear contracts and you fall in agony as said bald lady, Tripataka tells you violence isn’t the way.

Lol, nice one!

So, He was at Norwich, doing well and they have money to spend and can afford 40k a week players. Villa come calling, Paul, come here, we have much less money and you can get players in who are on 15k a week and try avoiding relegation instead? He knew what he was getting into either way and he thought he could get us into a decent position, which he cant.

Hes had money and invested it poorly. Why did he spend 700k on Bowery for example? We have about 6 strikers for **** sake.

We have players on 40k-60k a week who are not playing. Bent/Given/Warnock/Hutton and the last two are arguably better than the players we are playing. Lambert stubbornness to not play them is down to him, im 100% sure we would be better off with Warnock in the team. We shouldn't have the same budget as Wigan we are a much much bigger club. He could have built a team around Bent but didn't and its his fault if the players aren't performing. We had a half decent team before this, all hes done is bolster our youth team and made it our first team. The blame lies 100% with him and Lerner, his decisions have been poor in every department.

I have already asked these questions 'AndyM3000' and haven't really had them answered.

I personally think that Lambert was told he would be backed in the transfer market to a sensible amount which he was at the start of the season.

However, after giving Lambert 20m Lerner has now pulled the plug on any further investment due to where we currently are in the league.

If you look at it from the chairman's perspective he has given yet another manager 20m to spend and after that expenditure we are still no better than last season and probably worse.

We have several players on between 35,000 to 45,000 thousand per week who are not regulars in the side, and a striker on considerably more than that who for one reason or another isn't playing regularly either.

I also tend to think that the plan was to sell Bent on an expected fee of around 10m which was then going to be given to Lambert to strengthen the team after buying Benteke.

No-one has come in for Bent and Lerner has said no to further investment unless some of the aforementioned players are sold.

There are probably one or two clubs who would like to sign Bent, in particular Newcastle but they know we need the money from sales to reinvest so they are waiting until the very end of the window to get the best deal possible which might be too late for us to reinvest Bent's fee.

Thats my own personal take on the current situation rather than any ITK.

You havent been gloating Morpheus because I know you hate to see us where we are as well. But you know what, you were right back in October / November.

Agreed.

And you couldn't blame him if he did considering how many jumped on him and had a go at him after the Liverpool game.

Agreed.

And you couldn't blame him if he did considering how many jumped on him and had a go at him after the Liverpool game.

Yup.

Bloody hell what a sad three years. How nice it would be to get angry at a manager for having us miss out on a Europa place or daring to dip into the bottom half of the table.

Seems like much bigger challenge to get relegated, get promoted and have any change in Premier League imo. Specially when you earn so much money from staying up, if there is one time this **** should invest it is now. Hate this, hate how we have to speculate and almost make up rumors to be true(honestly does the Stephens thing hold any merit whatsoever?) Frustrating to say the least. When you look at players that are regarded good and wants away from foreign divisions, we don`t have the discussion about if he is good enough or if we really need him. It`s more like this guy would say "Aston who?"

Imagine the shit we would bring in this summer if we get relegated. Sad. Don`t wanna believe it or realize it no matter how it is looking.

And honestly, it annoys me to death that all we get are these crappy statements on how we will go on, while lerner sits in the background doing nothing. What the hell is this, one of the oldest and most prestigious club to exist is vanishing by every second. Sounds quite sentimental indeed, but looking at what is happening I don`t know if I should laugh or cry. To actually fathom a loss against bradford is hard enough, but that we actually fail two times is quite staggering. **** Lerner, this club has turned into shit and it is his fault, no matter how much he has invested in the past. He appointed these managers, he sanctioned these wages and transfers. That he is to stubborn to not gamble on something he might earn back by the end of the season is worrying. And it also says something about how we would approach the whole thing if we were to get relegated and then come back up again. What could be better at that point really? Bowery gonna save us? Benteke is long gone. Albrighton? Some reject from Burton Albion? No idea. I want in on the situation, we deserve to know. Give us a statement, what are your plans. This whole going young isn`t cutting it, not in this league. **** no it`s not. You need experienced players also, the odds of finding 11 gems are slim to say the least. 

Lambert is saying he's going "back to basics" on the OS. What the hell does that even mean? All he talks about is "fighting". He's starting to sound like McLeish. He seems to think it's all about grafting.

Agreed.

Gloating when Villa are doing poorly is pathetic, but fair play to Morpheus for not doing that.

Edited by Mantis

Going back to basics? I thought he already started that when he turned our Premier League forward line into pub players by getting our defenders to hoof 60 yard balls at Bradford's 18 yard box while hoping that a loose ball just might fall to one of our strikers.

Seems I was mistaken. Maybe we will see our goalie trying to skin the whole Millwall team tomorrow night as he leaves our centre back on the line to guard a long range shot!

Lambert is saying he's going "back to basics" on the OS. What the hell does that even mean? All he talks about is "fighting". He's starting to sound like McLeish. He seems to think it's all about grafting.

The thing is with all the talk from within, there's nothing they can say. It's what we do that matters. In terms of "back to basics" I guess it means "concentrate on doing the essential things right - i.e pick up your men, pass to a team mate, that kind of stuff. It's pointless talk really. But he is obliged to say something, because they have to under all kinds of rules and bits in contracts.

The alternative is to say zilch, then they get accused of cowardice or hiding or not communicating. Basically they can't win....in either sense.

Back to basics is pretty easy really,

He will have a big sign saying second half installed at BH and then teach them to pass to somebody wearing the same colours,

Actually it is easy to see why the young players got nervous after half time, it was past their bed times and they knew they were in their moms bad books.

Edited by VillakevBromsgrove

I dont give a damn about Millwall. Its the league that I care about.

Edit: The only "back to basics" I care about is when you dont have a good enough team, you buy some new ones. Pretty basic.

This.

At this point i'll just take staying up over everything else now.

Gloating when Villa are doing poorly is pathetic, but fair play to Morpheus for not doing that.

So it's ok for you to jump at the chance to have a go at someone? Which I believe you were one of many after the Liverpool game.

Gloating about the club doing badly, don't think anyone would do that. Gloating about being right when plenty had a go at him and mocked him for his opinions? Yeah I think he had every right to do that.

Like I said fair play to him for not.