Paul Lambert

Pilchard

This. The majority of his signings have turned out to be some of our best players this season. Vlaar, Westwood, Benteke, Lowton have been our best players along with Weimann.

and Guzan

I get the distinct impression that one of our biggest problems is not that he's necessarily getting all the tactics wrong but that a few of these players are not doing what they've been told.

I get the distinct impression that one of our biggest problems is not that he's necessarily getting all the tactics wrong but that a few of these players are not doing what they've been told.

trouble is some teams can afford to carry the odd player in matches. We can't. They all have to be at their best

Have to say I'm still backing Lambert, call it stupid but I still feel he'll get it right

if you're stupid then so am I and I know I'm not stupid!
  • Like 1

trouble is some teams can afford to carry the odd player in matches. We can't. They all have to be at their best

You're right, I agree. I think that's why he gets so frustrated. It's also why I think at least a couple of signings will come in, it's just a case of the sooner the better.

I'm sorry but Lambert coming out and saying we should have won the game because we played well in the first half is not acceptable. If the shameful players who wear the shirt learnt after the first 4 months of the season how to DEFEND A CORNER then in the 5th month you wouldn't need to rely on scoring at least 3 goals a game in the hope of picking up a single point.

Say it how it is Lambert and I will respect you more. The defense is a shambles and they need to attack corners as if their lives depend on it.

Sort it out. Now.

Edited by VillaLi0n

I'm sorry but Lambert coming out and saying we should have won the game because we played well in the first half is not acceptable. If the shameful players who wear the shirt learnt after the first 4 months of the season how to DEFEND A CORNER then in the 5th month you wouldn't need to rely on scoring at least 3 goals a game in the hope of picking up a single point.

Say it how it is Lambert and I will respect you more. The defense is a shambles and they need to attack corners as if their lives depend on it.

Sort it out. Now.

What would that do for confidence though?

And none of us know whether he doesn't give them a rollicking in the dressing room, granted it hasn't been entirely successful but I imagine, and it is only a guess, that some of these players are not doing what they're told and that's the biggest issue we need to address.

I think that Lambert is as frustrated as we are with the way they played in that second half. The amount of times we counter-attacked only for someone to misplace a pass or over-hit a pass was shocking. We could have gone on to score more if we'd been more careful with the delivery into our forwards.

Here's a thought for those slagging off our midfield. The OS runs a stat pack for each game. The number one pass combination for the game was Guzan to Benteke. If the tactic is to bypass the midfield we can hardly moan at them for not doing much in the game. Or, is that the tactic because our midfield simply not up to standard?

Don't know why but I have a feeling that Lambert would build us a really good team if he was backed by Lerner.

Am I the only one who isnt extremely pissed off about the game yesterday? Thought there was loads of positives to take from that, plus it was a derby game where anything can happen.

I have no idea what's got into Nzogbia but he can save us in the same way he did at Wigan. Taking him off was a bad move but it's obvious Lambert also had 1 eye on the Bradford game. Our best chance of going through is Nzogbia performing.

• Like 1

Also, the first goal in every half if crucial for us. You could see as soon as we scored the first goal yesterday everyone was looking for the ball and playing with confidence. It was fantastic. If Gabby had of scored to make it 3-1 I think we'd have gone on to win that 5-1. We need to start games with the same mentality we have when we score. This will come with experience and is an unfortunate consequence of playing with kids.

For me the big mistake was to put Holman on. He doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't control any aspect of the game (he can barely control his own game).

It was like putting on a completely useless midfield version of a disinterested Darren Bent. We were down to ten men the minute he came on.

Lambert really made a mistake bringing on Holman. Holman couldn't retain possession and he wastes a great chance at the end. Once he came one, notice how we rarely kept the ball. West Brom were able to keep attacking over and over again because every time Holman got the ball, he gave it away. Lambert should not have taken off N'Zogbia or at least brought on Bent for him.

^^^^^^^That post didn't work!!!!!

Anyway what I was going to say was that whilst I agree about Holman the problem is that there were no other midfield options available.

Please sign some midfielders. Our midfield vs Bradford is Barry Bannan!

^^^^^^^That post didn't work!!!!!

Anyway what I was going to say was that whilst I agree about Holman the problem is that there were no other midfield options available.

Please sign some midfielders. Our midfield vs Bradford is Barry Bannan!

Wasn't Stephen Ireland also on the bench? He has more quality on the ball than Holman does.

Holman runs around a lot but there's a distinct lack of quality in his game to play at our current level. Remember though, he was signed by McDuff! Also, he was a free transfer and you know what they say, you get what you pay for!

I thought the N'Zogbia subbing was the wrong decision. Secure the three points and worry about cup game when we get to it. I'd rather we lose the two cup games if it meant we stay up! Other than that decision, I thought there were lots of positives to take from the game. Let's be honest, most of us would have taken a point if offered it before the game.

I admire Holman's effort but he just isn't good enough. He really cant do much other than run a lot. He occasionally will have a great strike but most of the time he wastes decent chances. He is a championship player at best.