Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm not a fan of Lambert at the moment but why are fans crucifying his second half decisions. Was the team and shape that got us 2-0 up nothing to do with Lambert?

Anybody that's knows anything about football would know the substitutions had nothing to do with the score. Albion just exposed our weaknesses which are the flanks and set pieces. We got a crucial point against a top half team that is a lot better than us. Why am I the only one that is happy.

• Like 1

Ireland has absolutely no positional discipline, he is the last player I'd want on the pitch when holding a lead. He leaves huge gaps in the midfield that get totally exploited by the opposition.

Ireland is leagues ahead of Bannan in terms of tackling and pressing the ball.

Maybe but for me short term I want to stay in the premier league and if getting rid of Lambert means we can achieve that then 100% i'd want us to do it.

Problem is we don't know if getting rid of him will ensure our safety or not.

That's why I think we'll stick with him.

Id hate us to go down, I really would. But I dont want more seasons like the last 3 and unless we stick with a plan, and follow it through I dont see anything changing. Just really really hope we stay up.

Dunne back would be massive. Would also draft Warnock back in and try to get something out of Bent. Those three players could be bigger than any signings we could hope to make, though would splash any cash I had on a central midifeld player.

I'm not a fan of Lambert at the moment but why are fans crucifying his second half decisions. Was the team and shape that got us 2-0 up nothing to do with Lambert?

Anybody that's knows anything about football would know the substitutions had nothing to do with the score. Albion just exposed our weaknesses which are the flanks and set pieces. We got a crucial point against a top half team that is a lot better than us. Why am I the only one that is happy.

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it but I'm certainly not as pissed off as most on here. Most would've taken a point and while it's frustrating to throw away a lead like that did people honestly not know what would happen? If you just accept that when Villa go a goal or two up that they won't win then it becomes easier to take.
  • Like 1

This. Lambert's substitutions had little effect on the game. The issues go far deeper than a couple of in-game decisions. Our defensive preparation, confidence, morale and tendency to collapse at the slightest amount of pressure are all problems that Lambert needs to be held accountable for. Redknapp is doing a better job at QPR and he's been there for 6 games.

got it really wrong today and im afraid my patience is lost with him now just as much as lerner those substitutions were woeful bannan doesnt belong in the prem!

He made one 'tactical' change and the other two were enforced, yours and others opinions on what he could have done differently are welcomed.... Boring negativity

There's just been a total lack of progress under him, in fact we're worse than we were at the start of the season. He's been a massive disappointment for me. He either needs backing or sacking.

Amazingly enough Bent will be sat on the bench for the rest of the season if he's not sold this month.

Lambert has made some massive errors in his short time at Villa. He has to go.

Bent has got injured the last 2 games he has played. I think it would be wise to wait until his 100% before we play. Plus both our strikers scored. What the hell does Bent have to do with today's score.

Sack Lambert now we are down. Keep him and we have a small chance of staying up. That's not testament to Lambert but more to do with the unsettling affect changes would have on a very young average team.

This. Lambert's substitutions had little effect on the game. The issues go far deeper than a couple of in-game decisions. Our defensive preparation, confidence, morale and tendency to collapse at the slightest amount of pressure are all problems that Lambert needs to be held accountable for. Redknapp is doing a better job at QPR and he's been there for 6 games.

I agree but Redknapp is a different class of manager. He has been in the game a very long time and taken over a QPR squad with much better players than us and has been able to bring in a French International on top of that. It's an unfair comparison IMO.

Bent has got injured the last 2 games he has played. I think it would be wise to wait until his 100% before we play. Plus both our strikers scored. What the hell does Bent have to do with today's score.

Sack Lambert now we are down. Keep him and we have a small chance of staying up. That's not testament to Lambert but more to do with the unsettling affect changes would have on a very young average team.

I wasn't specifically referring to tonight's game. Do you honestly think Lambert's handling of the likes of Bent and Warnock is acceptable given our performances and league position? Bent is a proven PL goalscorer and if Lambert should find a system that utilises both him and Benteke.

How do you know that sacking Lambert would relegate us?

There's just been a total lack of progress under him, in fact we're worse than we were at the start of the season. He's been a massive disappointment for me. He either needs backing or sacking.

No progress and we are worse...surely sacking is the option? If he needs backing (as I think he does) support him and don't mention the rest of the keyboard sacking revolution!

I wouldn't say I'm happy about it but I'm certainly not as pissed off as most on here. Most would've taken a point and while it's frustrating to throw away a lead like that did people honestly not know what would happen? If you just accept that when Villa go a goal or two up that they won't win then it becomes easier to take.

Ok happy maybe the wrong word. Maybe more relieved we didn't lose after being 2-0 up. Fair play too Albion for taking advantage of our misfortune with Bakers injury. I think had he not got Injured we would have been more assured at the back and maybe got the 3 points. Delphi getting Injured didn't help too. He was having a good game.

Does anyone else notice, and think it was bizarre, that both Lambert and then Culverhouse nipped back down the tunnel midway through the second half?

WTF were they doing? Should have been keeping up with the game.

I can understand one needing the toilet, but two? Perhaps they both had what Weimann has...