Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I hope the people that want Lambert out also want Lerner out because that's the guy responsible for this mess not Lambert, open your bloody eyes and realise he is working with a championship squad because our glorified owner sanctioned the sale of a whole England midfield then kept the majority of the money resulting in them being replaced by youth and lesser talented players, Lambert in LERNER OUT.

Lol. Vlaar's no better than Collins because he's injured.

Lowton has been very good most of the season, the whole team is seriously low on confidence. He is undoubtedly an improvement on Hutton.

So that leaves Bennett and El-Ahmadi.

Collins has apparently had a good season at Wet Spam and can at least win a header. Vlaar's got a history of injuries. I'd much rather Collins was still hear and at least we wouldn't have to play with Clark who can't consistently win a header (can you name another CH who's header success rate is 60% FFS)

Lowton's been average all season - not too bad but nothing brilliant. Compare him and Clyne and who'd you have?

Pleased you agree on Bennett & Al-Ahmadi - I'd rather of given the money to charity.

I hope the people that want Lambert out also want Lerner out because that's the guy responsible for this mess not Lambert, open your bloody eyes and realise he is working with a championship squad because our glorified owner sanctioned the sale of a whole England midfield then kept the majority of the money resulting in them being replaced by youth and lesser talented players, Lambert in LERNER OUT.

This.

BTW, Go Leafs Go.

• Like 1

I just want a change. Our squad is what it is now so why not try getting someone else in to see if they can motivate our players to over perform and maybe score a goal.

Not only is our squad terrible but Lambert can't motivate them. He is dropping the senior members of the squad (Warnock/Hutton) from even training with the senior lads. Given our recent defensive performances surely it's worth taking a risk on two experienced fullbacks and moving Lowton into the CB position.

Lambert appears to be trying to get the likes of Bent and Ireland to request transfers by never playing them, although this probably comes from Randy "thecunt" Lerner, when playing them may actually result in better performances.

Lambert OUT.

I agree regarding Lerner but some of Lambert's managerial decisions have been truly shocking not even counting the transfer market.

Bang on, Lamberts made mistakes but his hands have been tied.

Any chance of Gary McAllister coming back? Out of all our recent managers he was the only one with the air of Premier league solidity and a bit of competence. Not a world beater for sure but the man wouldnt have us in this spot.

I'd take him back.

He appointed Paul Lambert and won't back him in the transfer market to plug alarming holes in our defence and midfield when relegation is staring us in the face.

Paul Lambert spent £23.7M on players in the summer, I think in this day and age that is backing the manager, maybe the fact that after spending that amount we still have holes that need to be plugged should bring you to question Paul Lamberts ability in the transfer market ?

Honestly, anyone who has watched any Villa game int he last couple of years could have told you we needed a commanding centre back, and a tall, tough tackling midfield, this is not soemthing new, it's been needed since the end of the first season we had Dunne & Collins (i thought they were great in that first season).

I'd take him back.

Me too. He always behaved very respectfully towards us, had the best results of any post MON manager and left with no fuss or complaint when he could have legitimately asked for his position to become permanent. He knows the setup so could hit the ground running.

McAllister in!

Sorry Paul, we all made a mistake.

Collins has apparently had a good season at Wet Spam and can at least win a header. Vlaar's got a history of injuries. I'd much rather Collins was still hear and at least we wouldn't have to play with Clark who can't consistently win a header (can you name another CH who's header success rate is 60% FFS)

Lowton's been average all season - not too bad but nothing brilliant. Compare him and Clyne and who'd you have?

Pleased you agree on Bennett & Al-Ahmadi - I'd rather of given the money to charity.

Collins will always be Collins. Dominant in the air and utterly hopeless on the ground. I saw West Brom vs. West Ham and he was atrocious but won nearly everything. You speak as if he was actually good for us last season. He was on 40k a week. I'd take a young player through the youth system on much less with much greater potential than Collins. Plus we replaced him with Vlaar not Clark, who is better and had been ever-present for Feyernoord for the past two seasons.

In terms of Lowton, I don't know. I've watched Lowton every week and he's generally been good whereas I've watched Clyne a few times and he's also generally been good. Point being he's been a good signing in my opinion and it doesn't really affect my opinion because somebody else may or may not be better. He's been poor recently, but I really don't think Cafu would look good in that defence.

Paul Lambert spent £23.7M on players in the summer, I think in this day and age that is backing the manager, maybe the fact that after spending that amount we still have holes that need to be plugged should bring you to question Paul Lamberts ability in the transfer market ?

Honestly, anyone who has watched any Villa game int he last couple of years could have told you we needed a commanding centre back, and a tall, tough tackling midfield, this is not soemthing new, it's been needed since the end of the first season we had Dunne & Collins (i thought they were great in that first season).

It's all well and good being given £23M but if you're told to keep the wages low you still won't be able to get the best players, and it's not like we had the luxury of spending that £23M on one or two signings either, the whole first team needed an overhaul.

It's all well and good being given £23M but if you're told to keep the wages low you still won't be able to get the best players, and it's not like we had the luxury of spending that £23M on one or two signings either, the whole first team needed an overhaul.

Seriously, there's no point talking sense to anyone who still lays no blame at randy's door right now.

This

The wages we were being offered we were never going to get quality players

23 million is nowhere near enough to overhaul this shit squad

I'd say were another 30 short of being a midtable side

Me too. He always behaved very respectfully towards us, had the best results of any post MON manager and left with no fuss or complaint when he could have legitimately asked for his position to become permanent. He knows the setup so could hit the ground running.

McAllister in!

Sorry Paul, we all made a mistake.

We should never have appointed McLeish. If things were so desperate that nobody would come to us then we should've just given Gary McAllister the job. To be honest I think things could've been a lot different if Houllier had never gotten ill again. I don't think we'd have been seriously competing for Europe or anything under him but I think we'd have been midtable and of course we'd have stability.

Whenever i hear Lambert say "i think we will be fine" I want to kick myself in the bollocks. There hasn't been 1 positive thing that can suggest we will be fine at all. Lambert had money and wasted it on players not ready for this sort of fight.

Whenever i hear Lambert say "i think we will be fine" I want to kick myself in the bollocks. There hasn't been 1 positive thing that can suggest we will be fine at all. Lambert had money and wasted it on players not ready for this sort of fight.

Did he say it again today? Is he retarded?