Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lerner definitely has to shoulder some of the blame but I find it strange that people are still making excuses for Lambert. Houllier and McLeish got slaughtered yet he's not?

Agree. There should be no excuses for Lambert. He is not doing a good job at all.

It's not lack of endeavour which is frustrating, it's just the complete mishandling of running a football club that's ruined us.

We have gone about the biggest cost-cutting regime in our history (even relatively) in the last few years and that had to happen because Randy Lerner blindly threw money behind O'Neill believing we'd break the Top Four. We didn't and but we supported him then because we didn't realise he'd bring the quality of our squad to the ground as a result of the failure.

Lambert hasn't spent any money when you consider we sold Downing for £20m and cut some massive earners out of our squad.

How can you fail to realise that the reason our squad is so poor now is more-or-less purely down to Lerner's financial retraction? Of the players brought in by Lambert, most of them have been better than what we already had!

How on earth can you say that most of the players Lambert has bought are better than what we had!!!!!!!!

Bennett is the worst LB I've ever seen at Villa - no where near Warnock and should be cleaning his boots not playing in the first team.

Lowton's average (awful today) and at best on a par with Hutton.

Vlaar's no better than Collins - at least Collins plays!

Al Ahmadi (or what ever his name is) can't even get in ahead of the kids (who are useless) - I'd fancy myself against him over 100 metres and I'm 47!

£17-£20m he's spent with which we could've bought 2 top class players not the clowns Lambert's bought.

How can you even suggest Lerner hasn't spent much money? Who do you think has been pumping cash in to fill the massive losses weve been running at ?

Do people honestly believe transfer fees are the only money owners spend on clubs?

This is not the point I'm making. It's that he allowed far too much money to be spent early on and as a result of our inability to reach the "promised land" of the Top Four we have had to retract our expenditure massively. This is complete mismanagement. We spent massive sums during a three year period which we couldn't sustain and now we have to completely strip down our squad to consisting of cheap and barely Premier League quality players. That aspect is not Lambert's fault.

Forgetting our word removed of an owner for a minute.

Some of the issues that can't be blamed on lerner.

Spending £7 million on KEA and Bennet.

Treating Darren Bent in such a ridiculous manner.

Sticking with the diamond formation when clearly not working.

Sticking with 3 at the back when that clearly wasn't working,

Failure to get any sort of basic organisation in our defence.

Playing our current best finisher out wide.

Lerner is the main problem and lambert was not backed well enough in the summer but he has to take some of the blame for fhe current shambles that this club is.

• Like 2

How on earth can you say that most of the players Lambert has bought are better than what we had!!!!!!!!

Bennett is the worst LB I've ever seen at Villa - no where near Warnock and should be cleaning his boots not playing in the first team.

Lowton's average (awful today) and at best on a par with Hutton.

Vlaar's no better than Collins - at least Collins plays!

Al Ahmadi (or what ever his name is) can't even get in ahead of the kids (who are useless) - I'd fancy myself against him over 100 metres and I'm 47!

£17-£20m he's spent with which we could've bought 2 top class players not the clowns Lambert's bought.

Lol. Vlaar's no better than Collins because he's injured.

Lowton has been very good most of the season, the whole team is seriously low on confidence. He is undoubtedly an improvement on Hutton.

So that leaves Bennett and El-Ahmadi.

This is not the point I'm making. It's that he allowed far too much money to be spent early on and as a result of our inability to reach the "promised land" of the Top Four we have had to retract our expenditure massively. This is complete mismanagement. We spent massive sums during a three year period which we couldn't sustain and now we have to completely strip down our squad to consisting of cheap and barely Premier League quality players. That aspect is not Lambert's fault.

This.

We spent to much on our way up and too little on the way down.

Lerner is the main problem and lambert was not backed well enough in the summer but he has to take some of the blame for fhe current shambles that this club is.

You missed out isolating or selling our previous defenders without adequate replacements. For me this was his biggest blunder and a really show of weakness for listening to fans rather than using his own judgement.

Lambert has to go now! Regardless of whether he is a decent manager or has restraints on spending by the board. He has had more money to spend than many managers this season and IMO hasn't used the money wisely or assessed early enough the areas most in need of strengthening. And rather than organise a system that suits the players he has done completely the opposite which has led to shitty disjointed performances through lack of organisation and understanding.

As I have also mentioned before good managers adapt their strategies and get the best out of even average players, yet I don't see any of the tactics working or players performing above themselves. After watching us today what concerned me most was that it took 80 mins before we actually started to play like we wanted something from the game. If we had of started with the same intentions as we finished I don't think no one would be slaughtering the manager yet here we are again.

I like like Lambert however I see certain similarities with him and Alex Mcleish in the same boring excuses week after week, continual sorry for yourself look on the touchline and lack of plan B. On top of that I also believe that NO manager however well liked or highly regarded should be allowed to turn ASTON VILLA into a poxy championship club and from what we are all witnessing this is now a becoming reality.

I care as passionately as anyone about Villa and will not become part of the 'follow the leader whatever brigade'. It's absolutely embarrassing fan's thinking that it's ok for us to go down because good old Lambert will get us back up and we will be in better shape. Where's the pride!

Lerner needs to sell and take Faulkner with him and Lambert needs to walk because he is out of his depth at a club like Villa(at least at this point in his career). Disgrace!

You're right, he must take some blame for several things, but even all of these tactical issues we speak of may not be problems if we actually had decent players to play in his formations.

Our defence would be in much better shape if we didn't have both of our first choice centre backs out.