Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Ok so i've been pretty harsh on Lambert of late so I wanted to cut him some slack and say that in terms of injuries we forget that he has been putting a team out without Gabby and Vlaar.

Love or hate them he has also had Ireland and Nzogbia injured most of the time, as well as Dunne and of course Petrov. Even just as Bent seemed to at least be back in the squad he got injured. Bennett might have improved had he played more games and Stevens was starting to look the part.

But he needs to learn that gambling on the same golden generation that failed the last three managers is not going to get him anywhere. He also needs to stop the 'i'm the boss ego trip' which is starting to get tiresome.

Finally he needs to gamble again in January and flog the deadwood.

I think it's more about varying the tactics and setting up differently based on the openents. Our tactics and set up couldn't have been more wrong yesterday and to not adjust things showed a worrying lack of insight.

People will forget this season (unless we win the Carling Cup), but that result will never be forgotten. I can guarantee in 15 years time most of us will still refer to it from time to time. You can gloss it up as much as you want, but at the end of the day this result is an embarrassment and a disgrace to the name Aston Villa.

Maybe, but we would still refer more often to much worse things like relegation or losing a cup final due to biased refereeing.

Maybe, but we would still refer more often to much worse things like relegation or losing a cup final due to biased refereeing.

I'd completely forgotten the 7 nil a few seasons ago, or the 8 arsenal let in last season. People will forget and move on. Most important is to stop it happening. This is possibly the most biggest failing of Lamberts young team. A few goals behind and the heads drop.

We were embarrassing and Chelsea ripped us apart, it could of easily been double figures, if Guzan weren't in goal. If it was Given I do wonder what the scoreline would of been. Bring on Spuds Boxing Day, hopefully get a 1-1 draw or even sneak a cheeky point B)

Edited by Avflife

A disgrace? Worse than Mcduff?

Well for me I have pride back n the team that I never had last year. I see a team with attacking intent rather than a team with not losing intent. I see a young team of players hungry and wanting to play for the club rather than a bunch of overrated has beens wanting their next mega pay check. I see some talent here that will develop into top class, and in bentekes case world class, talent and I see a team with the chance to win a trophy.

Sorry but for me that is not a disgrace and miles better than Mcduff. No one said it would be easy, no one said it wold be fixed in 6 months. A few of us recognised there would be ups and downs and inconsistent performances and results along the journey, but we have made progress, considerable actually if you think about it and we have the right manager with the right ideas.

Obviously it seems there are some not willing to accept that, and that is their right can't do a thing about that. But it is not a disgrace

• Like 1

Oh piss off, CI. You and I both know that what you've just posted is pure shit and it's for effect. Can't wait for you to be banned, complete wind up merchant.

We were harder to beat last season and even the biggest McLeish hater would have to concede that. Our worst result was a 4-0 loss at Old Trafford. We have let in 4 or more (up to 8 ffs!) at least 3 times already.

We had also won more matches after 18 games so to say we were better last season is not an outrageous claim to make.

Surely this thread is full of wind up merchants. While the Chelsea result was really bad, I am far happier this season, far more faith in the future. I expected some really bad results on the way given where we have to come from but I can see where Lambert is taking us and I'm excited.

The pessimists on this thread (or as I'm likely to be told in future comments "the realists") I feel sorry for. McLeish put 10 men behind the ball and maybe that's why the stats are better. The difference for me is Lambert is building the future, under McLeish we would've stayed the same and would've been relegated at some point. Under Lambert we are building, we are passing more, trying more and as time goes on we'll get better as I have seen in the first part of the season (aside from Chelsea). As the youngsters settle more, our defence will tighten, our creative play will improve and we'll finally start to score more regularly. I can see the start of that, can see it developing, so a few blips here and there I can take......

• Like 2