Paul Lambert

Pilchard

not a loaded question, just curious

who would you rather have in charge

Lambert or Wenger

For me its close.

Wenger is obviously one of the best managers in the world and is clearly someone who can develop players into something very special. On top of that he has had his teams playing some beautiful football over the years. However, he seems very set in his ways and tactically inflexible.

Lambert on the other hand has achieved very little and is still a very raw talent. On the other hand I think his best days are ahead of him and he is a very tactically flexible manager.

I don't often say LOL, but this is really a LOL moment. Like choosing between Messi and Francis Jeffers

Why? Wenger hasn't won anything for 8 years and refuses to change his mindset on buying players, if wenger took over us today I don't think he would do much

Wenger achieves Champions League football season after season whilst making a net profit on transfers every summer. He also has to work under a wage cap comparable to Tottenham’s and far smaller than his rivals at Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool. Not to mention the amazing success he had before the billionaires bought up the league.

The guy is a miracle worker as Arsenal fans will find out if he ever leaves that club. Arsenal would plummet.

Meanwhile, Lambert has managed to get Norwich promoted and......

It is a crazy comparison to make.

A better one is who is the better manager out of Rodgers or Lambert or Martinez?

All three are young managers who have managed to keep newly promoted sides in the top flight. It is impossible to say at this stage which will turn out to be the best manager.

Lambert's has had one whole season in the prem. He doesn't come close to Wenger.

I think Wenger would improve us massively and would obviously do a better job than lambert.

No doubt.

It would be an unbelievable coup if we could bring Arsene Wenger to Aston Villa. I think he is a better manager than Mourinho myself.

Unfortunately there is no chance. Our best bet it to stay on this rollercoaster with Lambert and see where it leads us.

Why? Wenger hasn't won anything for 8 years and refuses to change his mindset on buying players, if wenger took over us today I don't think he would do much

Get a grip! Wenger is one of the world's top managers. The Arsenal board have sold a world class team from underneath him. His net spend is negative and yet he is still near the top of the league

I wasn't making a comparison, it was a question about giving managers time, wenger is coming under a lot of pressure at arsenal after 8 years without silverwear, Lamberts had 6 months and there are some posts about him being under pressure, and if wenger was on charge here would he come in for the same critisism after 6 months

Lambert on the other hand has achieved very little and is still a very raw talent. On the other hand I think his best days are ahead of him and he is a very tactically flexible manager.

How many hands have you got?

*insert curious Sherlock Holmes smiley*...

Happy to give him a chance. I know there's a long term project, but....whichever way you look at it this stat:

"Only Newcastle (76) play more long balls per game than Villa (67)"

And this stat:

"Only QPR (11) have scored fewer goals than Villa (12) in the PL"

They're indicators that we're utter bollocks, aren't they? They need sorting out ASAP.

Happy to give him a chance. I know there's a long term project, but....whichever way you look at it this stat:

"Only Newcastle (76) play more long balls per game than Villa (67)"

And this stat:

"Only QPR (11) have scored fewer goals than Villa (12) in the PL"

They're indicators that we're utter bollocks, aren't they? They need sorting out ASAP.

No.

How far behind is the team that plays the least long balls?

It's an indication that we should probably be scoring more goals, but the fact that we have scored 1 more than the bottom team, but still be 5 places above them, tells a different story.