Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'm really pleased with today's performance, and if we can perform at that level in even half of our remaining games then I have no doubt we'll pick up enough points to survive.

I think the big question is if we can kick on next season? A potential relegation 'scrap' is understandable when we're in transition, but a club the size of ours should be competing in the top half of the table. I'm hoping that PL can bring in more players of quality in the next 2 windows to assist this.

Haven't been on the forum for about a month and I'm a little shocked some don't want Lambert. While the results haven't been what we would've liked, what he's doing and seeing the seeds he is sowing I'm really excited by the future.

Yes, now isn't rosy but nobody expected it to be really did they at this stage? We all said it was a big overhaul or change needed at the club and that's what Lambert is doing and this is the bottom but you can see the players growing together and the potential for the future.....

Its very difficult to put a time on how long it takes, but improvement in our play is evident.

we now need to make that improvement in our play pay dividends in terms of points/results.

WBA have been through a similar transition, they have always played decent football just couldn't turn it in to results..now they are.

patience is a virtue.

but that is all we expected given what was expected. i would even say mid table in the first season is better than expected. it is about the journey and building for the future, we can't buy success so build from the bottom and grow......highlights from the likes of westwood is so inspiring for the future

Haven't been on the forum for about a month and I'm a little shocked some don't want Lambert.

On here its a handful of posters overall I'd say its a tiny minority. Certainly at the games he has the backing of the supporters. Paul Lamberts Claret and Blue Army was doing the rounds for a good proportion of the second half yesterday.

Most of us can see what he is trying to do. He has already instilled in the players a great work ethic. Trying to change our style of play was always going to take a lot longer but at times we do play some very nice stuff. Personally I think we need a couple of proven quality players in January who know what the Prem is all about and can hit the ground running to play alongside the lads we currently have who are still trying to find their feet at this level. That should hopefully be enough to see us safe this season. After that with decent backing from Lerner, or whoever, I can see us really kicking on.

I don't think Lambert is the 4th best manager in the league so I don't know why you're saying this to me.

Even though your previous post was poorly written, as I understand it since Redknapp has gone to QPR you were asking who I'd replace Lambert with if sacked. I didn't directly state that you had implied Lambert was the fourth best manager but another poster has.

It was pretty tight yesterday. For a team who had scored 5 the week before, it was interesting to note that they didn't create anything remotely clear cut. I think there are goals in us.

If the quality of the midfield can increase in January, then even better.

The last four games have yielded four points - a sequence that some people were predicting would give us none. So thats OK, not brilliant, but OK.

Now we need to improve on that, five or six points from the next four would do nicely

Its very difficult to put a time on how long it takes, but improvement in our play is evident.

we now need to make that improvement in our play pay dividends in terms of points/results.

WBA have been through a similar transition, they have always played decent football just couldn't turn it in to results..now they are.

patience is a virtue.

We havnt been playing decent football for a good few years though? So if WBA have always played that way, that suggests we have one heck of a long way to go. With teams improving around us constantly, how much time can we really afford to be patient?

I am happy with things at the moment though, the better football and the younger hungry players wanting to actually play some ball.

Even though your previous post was poorly written, as I understand it since Redknapp has gone to QPR you were asking who I'd replace Lambert with if sacked. I didn't directly state that you had implied Lambert was the fourth best manager but another poster has.

I accidentally missed out a you. Big deal. Hardly poor writing.

Anyway, you still haven't answered my question.

How long will we have to be patient? As long as it takes tbh

This rebuilding from the ground up, investing in young talent, putting down long lasting structures, it takes years.

Thing is, there is no other sustainable way forward imho. Even if we had a rich sugar daddy, we still wouldnt be able to make a loss under proposed Premier League reguialtions. We'd still only be able to spend a certain amount of our money on wages. Either we do it this way, or no way at all..