Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I am genuinely laughing at your comment now Stefan and the irony of you trying to make it into some sort of fantastic stat (3 matches) Out of curiosity who are top of this league now?

I notice that pointing out its not that awesome is apparently a negative :-)

Lambert has to go.

His football is dull -after being the manager for a year and a half we have ended up relying on Tonev and Albrighton to provide the main supply to our strikers! Shocking really.

The latest transfer window was poor with few signings impressing on a consistent basis and money wasted on another striker when we're short in other parts of the team.

The style of football has got far worse and the team looks disjointed.

Time for a change of manager.

So because other teams don't particularly have a great record from coming from behind this season (because the top teams are taking control of games early and keeping hold of it), and we happen to have one of the better ones, at the moment (2 wins and 1 draw out of the sixteen games we've played) from a losing positions, we are the comeback kings? It's not a particularly impressive stat, really. I'm happy in a sense that we are able to come from behind, on occasions, and not completely fold but this is the last comment now, It doesn't confirm for me that Lambert has instilled a never say die mentality into this squad and that is my opinion. 

• Like 1

Can't really be bothered to go on with this any longer, really. It's fairly subjective if you think particular players are giving it their all. I'll weigh up the stats at the end of the season and if we've amassed more points than everyone else from losing positions I'll say fair enough but I just can't see a squad that has any more desire or fight than any one else. In fact the last few games have shown the opposite. Not that I'm not saying players aren't trying, just not at all seeing this never say die business. 

Well my point was purely in your post about not being the comeback kings. Statistically speaking at this point in time we are. You can't move the goalpost to the end of the season to judge something that doesn't suit your argument now. 

Because I don't see that stat as being the be all and end all of proof that the squad is hugely united, with an incredible desire to never lose a football game and fighting for everything, particularly after just sixteen games. Is that what you're really seeing in the performances? I'm not seeing it, that's all. That was the original point I was responding to. 

That's fair and I agree to an extent, but I think that stat shows we perhaps have a little more character than we give credit for.

I agree about the character and that's why I said that I believe the squad is mentally stronger this season. 

I am genuinely laughing at your comment now Stefan and the irony of you trying to make it into some sort of fantastic stat (3 matches) Out of curiosity who are top of this league now?

Why does, what is a positive stat, have to be manipulated into a negative? I'm glad you find it so funny because you clearly can't bring yourself to be cheerful about anything else Villa related.

So because other teams don't particularly have a great record from coming from behind this season (because the top teams are taking control of games early and keeping hold of it), and we happen to have one of the better ones, at the moment (2 wins and 1 draw out of the sixteen games we've played) from a losing positions, we are the comeback kings? It's not a particularly impressive stat, really. I'm happy in a sense that we are able to come from behind, on occasions, and not completely fold but this is the last comment now, It doesn't confirm for me that Lambert has instilled a never say die mentality into this squad and that is my opinion. 

Ah, so it's the other teams not being good at coming back rather than us being good at it? Quite :)

Lambert has to go.

His football is dull -after being the manager for a year and a half we have ended up relying on Tonev and Albrighton to provide the main supply to our strikers! Shocking really.

The latest transfer window was poor with few signings impressing on a consistent basis and money wasted on another striker when we're short in other parts of the team.

And the new manager is going to have big money to spend on wages? Who would you get in to replace him who'd work under the same restrictions?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Lambert has to go.

Easy to say.

Who would you replace him with?

Who is there that can work with sod all money and get us above mid table playing attractive football?

No, it's the fact that other teams don't get into losing positions as often as we do. 

Yet we already have the same amount of clean sheets as we did all season last year. Didn't Lambert get crucified for that on here? I'm glad he's tried to sort that out. Shows progress doesn't it? :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

And the new manager is going to have big money to spend on wages? Who would you get in to replace him who'd work under the same restrictions?

The first question would be best answered by the finance director.

I have no preference on who should replace Lambert but I'm sure the club could draw up a shortlist of more than worthy candidates. Hopefully the new manager will try and entertain the paying customers rather than putting them to sleep.

• Like 1

Points difference for this season and last

BbpDluwCAAA6GB9.png

9 of those teams below us spent more than us in the window, also we only had 20 points after 24 games, so in essence we have 9 games to get the 3 points we need to be in a better situation than we was last season

Why does, what is a positive stat, have to be manipulated into a negative? I'm glad you find it so funny because you clearly can't bring yourself to be cheerful about anything else Villa related.

Ah, so it's the other teams not being good at coming back rather than us being good at it? Quite :)

Wow. It's pretty simple, if you're a good team that is able to control a game you'll be much less likely to be in losing positions, hence needing to come back. It's really not difficult to work out. If you honestly, in your wildest dreams think that coming from behind to beat two teams and drawing another out of the sixteen currently played is an impressive stat, well I don't even know what to say.

• Like 1

The first question would be best answered by the finance director.

I have no preference on who should replace Lambert but I'm sure the club could draw up a shortlist of more than worthy candidates. Hopefully the new manager will try and entertain the paying customers rather than putting them to sleep.

Ah, so you're willing to make the decision for him to go, but you have absolutely no solution or ideas for his replacement. Fairly apt.

• Like 1

Ah, so you're willing to make the decision for him to go, but you have absolutely no solution or ideas for his replacement. Fairly apt.

I'm not making the decision for him to go - I'm expressing an opinion that I would like him to leave. Tad different!

As for the other point as advised it is not my job to find his replacement!

• Like 1

Who is there that can work with sod all money and get us above mid table playing attractive football?

Lambert has had money to spend and has spent a lot of it quite badly.

Lambert has got us to being a bottom half of the premier league team playing poor football.

And yet another simplistic opinion that doesn't even begin to address the job that Lambert is doing. You conveniently forget to mention the wage restrictions he has, or is that fabricated? He isn't doing the best job in the world, but by the same token, he isn't doing the worst job either.

Pssst, also we were bottom half before Lambert came in so I'm not sure you can have a go at him for that.

People were moaning when we were leaking goals left, right and centre last year.

We already have the same amount of clean sheets as last season with less than half the season gone (16 games). The same people are now moaning that we have a shit playing style.

When will people be happy? Genuine question.

I'm not making the decision for him to go - I'm expressing an opinion that I would like him to leave. Tad different!

As for the other point as advised it is not my job to find his replacement!

But you can't have it both ways! Complete cop out IMO.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1