Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Villas-Boas will be available come tomorrow, a quick phonecall to Levy offering them Benteke for Villas-Boas, Sigurdsson and £10-15m?

Villas-Boas has a team that cost millions and they have only scored one more goal at home than us and have been thumped 0-5 by Liverpool.

Rather than going round in circles I'll just refer you to today's performance which leaves us dropping into the bottom half......again.

Glib answers so much better than proper debate, eh Morf

We haven't dropped anywhere - we were 11th before kick-off and were 11th now?

You talk like I'm saying we are going to qualify for CL!! With the resources available we are doing as well (or better) than we can reasonably expect.

Rooney probably earns more than our entire team - were you really expecting anything other than a defeat?

Why does it always come down to wages when defending a poor display?

Do you think Everton and Newcastle went to Old Trafford recently expecting to lose just because their players don't earn as much as Wayne Rooney.

Jesus, excuses, excuses, excuses!

• Like 1

We will be relegation fodder by the start of the New Year.

I would not go that far.

Let's see where we are come 1st January.

I think we will overcome this bad form. We also need some fortune regarding injuries.

we were crap before the injuries though, just not as terrible defensively

Performance wise we were. But we still obtained a decent amount of points from games.

I think we will overcome this bad form. We also need some good fortune regarding injuries.

We are hardly having terrible luck with injuries are we. At any given time we have had at worst maybe 3 or 4 of what would be considered our first 11 out. It is par for the course. It is why you need a squad of good players.

Our squad is crap. Its as simple as that. First 11 is OK but it is delusional to think you will not get a fair few injuries and suspensions through out the course of a season. Every team does and we are fairing no worse than anyone else. Difference between us and 90% of the other Prem clubs is that they have better squads than us and are more able to cover injuries/suspensions with adequate replacements.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

We will be relegation fodder by the start of the New Year.

I would not go that far.

Let's see where we are come 1st January.

I think we will overcome this bad form. We also need some fortune regarding injuries.

we were crap before the injuries though, just not as terrible defensively

Performance wise we were. But we still obtained a decent amount of points from games.

Injuries and suspensions are a part of the game. Always have been and always will be. They can't continue to be used as a defence for a poor manager with a poor squad of players that he bought and taught!

• Like 1

Villas-Boas will be available come tomorrow, a quick phonecall to Levy offering them Benteke for Villas-Boas, Sigurdsson and £10-15m?

Villas-Boas has a team that cost millions and they have only scored one more goal at home than us and have been thumped 0-5 by Liverpool.

Hardly scoring, but still have managing to fire 6 past us without us responding in 2 games this season...

We are hardly having terrible luck with injuries are we. At any given time we have had maybe 3 or 4 of what would be considered our first 11 out. It is par for the course. It is why you need a squad of good players.

Our squad is crap. Its as simple as that. First 11 is OK but it is delusional to think you will not get a fair few injuries through out the course of a season. Every team does and we are fairing no worse than anyone else. Difference between us and 90% of the other Prem club is that they have better squad than us and are more able to cover injuries with adequate replacements.

I think the injuries to the CBs are incredibly unlucky, especially considering it is in one particular position. Okore, Vlaar and Herd all being injured is bad luck IMO.

I don't think Lambert's position should be under threat. We are still 11th in the table and 6 points above the drop zone. Yes performances aren't good but last season he had Benteke on fire and we only just stayed up.

The quality of our football has regressed since the back end of last season. If some fans are to be believed then we are making 'steady' progress under Lambert.

I fail to see how playing worse is any sort of progress!

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

We are hardly having terrible luck with injuries are we. At any given time we have had maybe 3 or 4 of what would be considered our first 11 out. It is par for the course. It is why you need a squad of good players.

Our squad is crap. Its as simple as that. First 11 is OK but it is delusional to think you will not get a fair few injuries through out the course of a season. Every team does and we are fairing no worse than anyone else. Difference between us and 90% of the other Prem club is that they have better squad than us and are more able to cover injuries with adequate replacements.

I think the injuries to the CBs are incredibly unlucky, especially considering it is in one particular position. Okore, Vlaar and Herd all being injured is bad luck IMO.

Well if you class Herd as a CB I think you are stretching it. I will give you that though but he is no way good enough to be considered a Prem quality centre back. Like a lot of our lads he will give 100% but quality wise he is lacking badly.

As for Okore he looks a good prospect. He is though 20 years old and totally unproven in our league and there are many instances of players looking great in other leagues, especially inferior ones, and not cutting it in England.

We should have purchased 2 new centre backs over the summer. Clark and Baker, again despite never giving less than 100%, have shown themselves to not be good enough at this level and Vlaar is known to be injury prone.

As I have said previously though I don't blame Lambert for the fact our squad is crap. I blame Lerner. You spend peanuts, certainly in terms of wages, then you can't expect much more than what we have.

Edited by markavfc40

Hardly scoring, but still have managing to fire 6 past us without us responding in 2 games this season...

And the bit about their squad costing god knows how many times more than ours?

He needs to show to us fans, that he knows what he is doing. Most of his signings are not even showing the basics.

The work OFF the ball today was totally unacceptable....if someone said he has "lost the dressing room" then I could understand it....I don't think he has, but by Christ he is close to the same effect....it was atrocious.

Paul lambert needs to spell out to all and sundry exactly what is going on at B6 and exactly where we are. Until he does I am losing faith in him at a rapid rate.

We are all intelligent enough to understand difficulties ....what we won't except is lame excuses and more importantly " hidden agendas"....what we are experiencing on the pitch particularly at home is unacceptable for Aston Villa Football club.

We want some honest Answers guys

• Like 3

I think he was unlucky and got West Brom playing better football than us and finishing 8th last season.

We hired McLeish after he relegated Blues so getting a WBA manager that worked wonders last year wouldn't be the worst thing.

Could always give Dwight Yorke a go..

He could bring Jordan in as number two.

Wouldn't be the first time we've had a couple of outstanding t*ts in charge.

• Like 1