Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Can't believe anyone would suggest Lambert should be sacked. Yes the football isn't great but we are in a comfortable midtable position and he's creating something long-term for the club and we may not see the full  benefits of that for another couple of years.

What I will say is this - how manager PL managers go to watch every youth game? He was there last night. He is there every home game. Never misses one. The reason - he is as committed as they get and he believes bringing those players through is the future of the club.

Any chance he will bring some of them through anytime soon?

The infatuation with Southampton makes me laugh. Who will be the next flavour of the month?

Agreed. They'll soon be raided for their better players just as we have been in recent years so let's see how they fare when the current crop of players move to bigger clubs.

I wouldnt call it infatuation

More of a case that they have some great youngsters but at the same time have invested in quality players because they have an ambitious chairman

We would probably be in their position if Lerner was willing to loosen the purse strings a little and sanction a few 7 million pound signings to areas of the team that desperately need it such as AM

• Like 1

The infatuation with Southampton makes me laugh. Who will be the next flavour of the month?

Agreed. They'll soon be raided for their better players just as we have been in recent years so let's see how they fare when the current crop of players move to bigger clubs.

I don't get why this argument is continually used. In all likelihood, they will reinvest wisely á la Tottenham and continue their progression rather then waste it as we did. The difference being that they are a well run club and we were a shambolically run club.

I don't get why this argument is continually used. In all likelihood, they will reinvest wisely á la Tottenham and continue their progression rather then waste it as we did. The difference being that they are a well run club and we were a shambolically run club.

It's too soon to claim they will invest any monies wisely as they've only been in the top flight for a just over a season. Walcott and Oxlade Chamberlain moved on when they were in the lower deivisions, let's see what happens once the big clubs start sniffing around Shaw, Lallana etc..

More of a case that they have some great youngsters but at the same time have invested in quality players because they have an ambitious chairman

We would probably be in their position if Lerner was willing to loosen the purse strings a little and sanction a few 7 million pound signings to areas of the team that desperately need it such as AM.

They have been building for the last three or four years, but most people neglect to mention that fact or recognise the initial groundwork they had to undertake to reach this level. I find it laughable that people think it is a seamless transition.

We are still laying the foundations for our future. I am confident in a year or two we will be spending more money on individual players and have youth products supplementing the squad/team.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

What I will say is this - how manager PL managers go to watch every youth game? He was there last night. He is there every home game. Never misses one. The reason - he is as committed as they get and he believes bringing those players through is the future of the club.

Any chance he will bring some of them through anytime soon?

It's not football manager, just because a youth team player looks good it's world away from the premier league. Saying they could do better than this first teamed or that first teamed is also bollocks. If they fail it could set them back years, they have even less experience which we have seen doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

I remember several months ago BJ10 being slated in another thread because he felt that several of our academy players although winning a competition may still not come through to the first team and none of them have yet and are not likely to for the foreseeable future unless our injury list falls into crisis.

Its fine that our academy is being revered by the fans but we must start producing Premiership players from that if Lambert or our next manager is going into the transfer market on a pittance.  

Utter rubbish as usual - rarely do next gen players emerge at 18 and 19. Expect to see a few come through next season. No patience (with anything) some people

I think this issue over the playing style is being blown way out of proportion

Precisely. I could understand if we were on a massive losing streak and rooted to the foot of the table.
i suppose we can ignore the record defeats, the losses to div 4 teams, the abysmal performances, the terrible lack of defence we had, the turgid football we have seen this year etc etc etc

Its all been blown put of proportion those damning facts

I remember several months ago BJ10 being slated in another thread because he felt that several of our academy players although winning a competition may still not come through to the first team and none of them have yet and are not likely to for the foreseeable future unless our injury list falls into crisis.

Its fine that our academy is being revered by the fans but we must start producing Premiership players from that if Lambert or our next manager is going into the transfer market on a pittance.  

Utter rubbish as usual - rarely do next gen players emerge at 18 and 19. Expect to see a few come through next season. No patience (with anything) some people

Maybe for once you might let personal vendettas go and actually read what a poster is saying without insulting him. :)

i suppose we can ignore the record defeats, the losses to div 4 teams, the abysmal performances, the terrible lack of defence we had, the turgid football we have seen this year etc etc etc 

Its all been blown put of proportion those damning facts 

There is a few inconsistencies and contradictions with what you have wrote above. Are you intentionally trying to demonstrate the exaggeration on Villa Talk?  ;)

• Like 1

So in conclusion in a couple of years we will be as good as Norwich currently?

I am just suggesting that he has clearly bought well on a tight budget before, he can spot a player, and convince them to sign for a lower league club. if he went into the lower leagues again rather than abroad I would fancy him to find a gem.

those saying he doesn't promote youth players, who was ready to be promoted last season? this season he's given Carruthers a squad number, Johnson and Robinson too. He promoted Matt Phillips at Wycombe and he's having a fairly good career so far since then.

We would probably be in their position if Lerner was willing to loosen the purse strings a little and sanction a few 7 million pound signings to areas of the team that desperately need it such as AM.

They have been building for the last three or four years, but most people neglect to mention that fact or recognise the initial groundwork they had to undertake to reach this level. I find it laughable that people think it is a seamless transition.

We are still laying the foundations for our future. I am confident in a year or two we will be spending more money on individual players and have youth products supplementing the squad/team.

Lett's hope we follow suit and ditch Lambert then.

Lett's hope we follow suit and ditch Lambert then.

How about allow Lambert to have a chance to amend the style with a better quality of player.