Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Its pretty simple. Don't tell fans to give him time and think long term when you weren't prepared to do it. And don't complain if people want him sacked as so did you last year.

Oh and I wonder if anyone will use berbatov to mock morpheous tonight?

The two situations are completely different. I lost my patience with Lambert during a horrendous run that saw us concede a ton of goals, score very few, get beat and outplayed by all. There wasn't even any kind of fight and we were in the bottom 3 and looked like we would certainly go down.

That is not the situation now. We haven't been playing great but on the whole we're doing ok with regards to our position in the table, and we've managed to keep our GD respectable, unlike last season. There's a big difference between losing patience with a manager when it looked very likely that we would be relegated (and also likely that we wouldn't be able to bounce straight back up) and losing patience with a manager when performances aren't always great and the playing style can often be poor but results on the whole are ok with the club sitting in mid-table.

How many **** times am I going to have to go over this?

Its pretty simple. Don't tell fans to give him time and think long term when you weren't prepared to do it. And don't complain if people want him sacked as so did you last year.

The two situations are completely different. I lost my patience with Lambert during a horrendous run that saw us concede a ton of goals, score very few, get beat and outplayed by all. There wasn't even any kind of fight and we were in the bottom 3 and looked like we would certainly go down.

That is not the situation now. We haven't been playing great but on the whole we're doing ok with regards to our position in the table, and we've managed to keep our GD respectable, unlike last season. There's a big difference between losing patience with a manager when it looked very likely that we would be relegated (and also likely that we wouldn't be able to bounce straight back up) and losing patience with a manager when performances aren't always great and the playing style can often be poor but results on the whole are ok with the club sitting in mid-table.

And like I said you don't get to pick when its ok to want him sacked and when its not.

Anyway boring now.

And like I said you don't get to pick when its ok to want him sacked and when its not.

Anyway boring now.

I never said I did get to pick when it's ok to want him sacked and when it's not. In fact, I have said multiple times that I was wrong about wanting him sacked in January and probably should have been more patient at the time.

Yes, it's getting incredibly boring. No doubt this will get shoehorned into yet another conversation at some point in the near future.

Today's result and performance reminded me a lot of the beginning of last season. Disappointing.

Wow, I was thinking almost the same just that I was thinking it reminded me of the majority of last season and the majority of the season before and the majority of the season before that. Nothing like consistency though and we are in transition and we need stability.

Lambert can only be accountable for his time in charge.

Today's result and performance reminded me a lot of the beginning of last season. Disappointing.

Wow, I was thinking almost the same just that I was thinking it reminded me of the majority of last season and the majority of the season before and the majority of the season before that. Nothing like consistency though and we are in transition and we need stability.

Lambert can only be accountable for his time in charge.

Indeed, and he will be.

i dont understand PL ..when i seen the team today he selected herd, why has matt lowton not in a rb & bacuna not in front? 

PL is asking for trouble playing cb in LB???? ..if it working fine but its clear its not! 

theirs players in this side who need benching but they get a shirt?

AGENDA.. i think PL or the puppet master randy are loosing fans,i really do,i know of ST holders who are planning to spend their hard earned on other things next season,we have two..just two but its two lost in my eyes next year, 

i think PL has limited ambition & he fits in well with RL, ffs guys a manager from wigan would not entertain a interview with ASTON VILLA! says it all

i dont understand PL ..when i seen the team today he selected herd, why has matt lowton not in a rb & bacuna not in front? 

PL is asking for trouble playing cb in LB???? ..if it working fine but its clear its not! 

AGENDA.. i think PL or the puppet master randy are loosing fans,i really do,i know of ST holders who are planning to spend their hard earned on other things next season,we have two..just two but its two lost in my eyes next year, 

i think PL has limited ambition & he fits in well with RL, ffs guys a manager from wigan would not entertain a interview with ASTON VILLA! says it all

I stopped investing after the shit served up last season. If Lerner can't be bothered then neither can I. Saved myself over £1000. Try it sometime, it's good.

• Like 1

How does Lambert have "limited ambition"? He's doing a decent job with what he's got.

That doesn't really say anything actually. As far as I know he didn't turn us down.

How does Lambert have "limited ambition"? He's doing a decent job with what he's got.

That doesn't really say anything actually. As far as I know he didn't turn us down.

its simple..behind the scenes RL plan was to make up the numbers,he wanted to balance the books,maybe make a profit so he can have some of his 100m he pumped in.

in simple terms..the good days were gone,RL needed a manager who matched his vision..step forward PL.

martinez wanted to join a club with some spunk, 

its simple..behind the scenes RL plan was to make up the numbers,he wanted to balance the books,maybe make a profit so he can have some of his 100m he pumped in.

in simple terms..the good days were gone,RL needed a manager who matched his vision..step forward PL.

martinez wanted to join a club with some spunk, 

There are a hell of a lot of presumptions here. Do you have any proof that Lambert lacks "ambition"?

Martinez also "turned down" Liverpool did he not? I don't think it's a coincidence that he only left Wigan when they were finally relegated.

Edited by Mantis

Today was crap no bones about it but putting thing into perspective injuries are affecting us at the minute. Whether that be players missing or players returning not in form. It shows we need to increase the squad still further and that has been the main problem we have had to strip it back and build up a squad from scratch virtually hopefully with the nucleus in place the amount of additions will come down but the quality will go up.

Ultimately we are 10th and look like we will finish there or there abouts which will be progress in points if not in performance we all want free flowing winning football but it's harder to get than it sounds. Call for Lamberts head all you want but we are progressing maybe not as fast as some like but we are. Time will tell if he can take us much further and the next 2 transfer windows are massive for the team squad development. I just hope the people who moan about performances remain positive enough they don't join the moaning for moining sake contingent.

• Like 2

He selected Herd because he is right footed and a CB. Baker played because both of our first choice left backs are injured currently.

How does PL have limited ambition?

I think we are rudderless. Was at the game today and went away trying to figure out what way we are trying to play tactics wise. Still havent figured it out. Can anyone help?

We might be a counter attacking side but when we go 2-0 down we have to have another plan. We didnt today and players were running around headless not knowing what to do. Lambert IMO was left wanting today was his inability to change tactically after 2-0 down

He selected Herd because he is right footed and a CB. Baker played because both of our first choice left backs are injured currently.

I thought Herd was a midfield player but ok. Even so Baker and Clark have played together in central defence before, Herd and Clark haven't and Bacuna has played left back for us. 

Despite today's totally depressing set back I still have 100% confidence in the Paul Lambert project.

Sometimes you have to take a couple of steps backward before you can move forward again.

The bigger picture needs to win out here & I hope the majority of fans still buy into this.

Patience is a virtue & patience is the key. I hate the waiting too but it will be worth it in the end. Today's result & performance is par for the course as is the opposite extremeties of a win at the Emirates & a home win against Man City.

The truth for now lies somewhere in the middle & that is most probably where we will finish for a couple of seasons until the project really bears fruit.

patience, patience, patience.

• Like 4

Despite today's totally depressing set back I still have 100% confidence in the Paul Lambert project.

Sometimes you have to take a couple of steps backward before you can move forward again.

The bigger picture needs to win out here & I hope the majority of fans still buy into this.

Patience is a virtue & patience is the key. I hate the waiting too but it will be worth it in the end. Today's result & performance is par for the course as is the opposite extremeties of a win at the Emirates & a home win against Man City.

The truth for now lies somewhere in the middle & that is most probably where we will finish for a couple of seasons until the project really bears fruit.

I'd think after 18 months we'd get an idea of the style of play PL is after. Doesn't look good to me. Man City at home keeps getting trotted out - we were totally outplayed at home. By half time we were lucky not to be at least 4 down with our hoofball tactics. If it were a boxing match it would have been a TKO before we delivered some sucker punches. 

I'll be generous and say I have 50% confidence in Lambert at this point. But that's with expecting a complete change in style.

I just can't see him magically turning into a manager who plays proper football.  He didn't with Colchester or Norwich, and he doesn't with us.  It's absolutely excruciating to watch the dross he serves up.

I don't think 18 months is long enough at all really. I think most of this season is about mid-table consolation. We may start to see some better football towards the end of this season and into next. I've seen nothing to suggest that this is how Lambert wants us to play in the long term.