Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I think there's a bit of an overreaction here. When you take all villa fans the number who want him sacked is unsurprisingly very, very low.

Took your post and made it better.

Yes good point. I guess that made it sound like it should be a higher number which I certainly don't.

• Like 1

I think there's a bit of an overreaction here. When you take all villa fans the number who want him sacked is ridiculously low.

You're probably right. God knows why there's such a relatively high proportion on here.

I see you've questioned my choice of Berbatov, Adam and Bent again based on their performance this season yet when i retorted when you mentioned this previously by asking you how Benteke, Weimann and Gabby were doing this season you failed to reply.

Seriously, why do you keep doing this?

After a very tricky opening set of fixtures, we managed to get a fabulous home point against Sunderland who have a new manager and are destined for much better than their false league position currently shows. We're 11th now following on from the despair of last season's challenges which represents such a massive improvement in the direction that our own club is going. Why were some people booing at the end of the game on Saturday? Some people seriously thought we would walk all over the Mackems considering their current position and on the bizarre result from last season. We played some excellent football and got our just rewards in a very hard fought point indeed. Well done boys. Hopefully the manager gave you the day off yesterday. I couldn't fault the effort and I thought the lads, especially Albrighton on his timely return from loan was excellent.

Man of the match for me was Guzan - fantastic save at close range, tipping the ball onto the bar and away for to relative safety.

Apart from Okore, I think all of our key injury worries are now out of the way and I am looking forward to stomping all over Southampton on Tuesday night. It's a nailed on Villa win with our previous hard fought results, and the threatening, progressive talent we have.

Europa League here we come. It feels great to be a Villain right now.

I am hoping that these comments are very much tongue in cheek?

Indeed. In truth, I seemed to spend more time looking up into the Trinity stand towards the Holte End trying to spy Prince William, or checking out the glorious claret and blue inspired sunset I could see than on what was happening on the pitch. However, Guzan was deffo my man of the match - yet again. That save was brilliant.

Still - 4 games unbeaten, can't argue with the logic that things are 'great.' I am grateful that we are not getting stuffed every week, for sure. But something isn't right at Villa Park - we really are a chore to watch. I'm not looking for people to be sacked, far from it. But after our tough start, we are finding it difficult to 'even beat' bottom of the league Sunderland who have struggled for results thus far (and will o so for the next fortnight as well I might add looking at their fixtures). I'll park that there for now.

How long before the difficult fixtures come round again and everything becomes just too hard once more?

Sorry folks, the tricky fixtures bruhaha is all done with now, we are where we are... So why are we not winning our winnable games?

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 2

I think there's a bit of an overreaction here. When you take all villa fans the number who want him sacked is ridiculously low.

You're probably right. God knows why there's such a relatively high proportion on here.

I see you've questioned my choice of Berbatov, Adam and Bent again based on their performance this season yet when i retorted when you mentioned this previously by asking you how Benteke, Weimann and Gabby were doing this season you failed to reply.

Doing what exactly?

Doing what exactly?

Trying to divert things to have a pop at Villa. Just because somebody is pointing out that Berbatov, Adam and Bent aren't doing very well doesn't mean they think Gabby, Benteke and Weimann are doing well either.

Edited by Mantis

I think he should do one of two things HH.

Pull Benteke aside in training out of the earshot of other players and ask him is his injury still bothering him? If the answer is yes then bench him until he is 100% or if the answer is an honest no then warn him that if his performance doesn't improve in the next game he will be dropped.

• Like 1

Doing what exactly?

Trying to divert things to have a pop at Villa. Just because somebody is pointing out that Berbatov, Adam and Bent aren't doing very well doesn't mean they think Gabby, Benteke and Weimann are doing well either.

I'm not diverting anything other than saying that both sets of named players are playing poorly at the moment and it shouldn't be used as a stick to score points with.

I see you haven't asked the other poster to explain his question.

Why is that?

I'm not diverting anything other than saying that both sets of named players are playing poorly at the moment and it shouldn't be used as a stick to score points with.

Why is that?

I don't see how our players are relevant when somebody criticises another group of players.

Why would I ask him to explain his question?

I think the manager might just show what he thought of Saturday by dropping Benteke. If he does, I think we can all accept he wasn't exactly delighted with the overall display either himself.

Also, maybe Benteke, like a few others, aren't 100 per cent fit. By taking him out of the team it will a) give him a give up the arse and B) if he doesn't have to come off the bench then it might improve his physical condition.

Big call to make though.

:o  I understand Benteke was crap on Saturday....but if that happens he won't be able to run properly for days. 

• Like 3

I think the manager might just show what he thought of Saturday by dropping Benteke. If he does, I think we can all accept he wasn't exactly delighted with the overall display either himself.

Also, maybe Benteke, like a few others, aren't 100 per cent fit. By taking him out of the team it will a) give him a give up the arse and B) if he doesn't have to come off the bench then it might improve his physical condition.

Big call to make though.

Massive call to make, playing away for the next two might help us though either way. If they aren't fit enough (Gabby looked the sharpest of the 3, Weimann was probably moving the most instelligently of the 3 but his touch showed he isn't 100% match fit for me) then they shouldn't play. If it's match fitness that's needed though rather than physical condition then we are just going to have to put up with another couple of games where they get their sharpness back. 

Having all of the front 3 out of form/shape is a lot to carry and Wednesday is coming round pretty fast. So many of them were out of sorts though on Sat that it's hard to know for sure. Games are going to start coming thick and fast now so we'll probably see some rotation anyway.

Why is that?

I don't see how our players are relevant when somebody criticises another group of players.

It was totally relevant in the context of the question and its the reasons why you didn't that i'm getting at.

Why is that?

It was totally relevant in the context of the question and its the reasons why you didn't that i'm getting at.

How was it relevant?

PS; I agree that it's not Morph's job to suggest a replacement. Just like none of us were expected to name McLeish's replacement when calling for his head

Sadly the football now under Lambert is just as dire/boring. And VP is becoming like a ghost town

• Like 2

The thing that strikes me most about us is the general lack of movement. You see it over and over. When a Villa player has the ball he struggles for options, free players are either marked (in which case players make little attempt to find space) or run away in the classic “give and go” scenario. Also, whenever we have a throw in, again nobody looks to find space, they just stare at the thrower, who is then forced to throw it down the line for a flick-on which 9 times out of 10 goes back to the opposition. These are all basic things that we find hard to do at the best of times. Even if we sign a playmaker, he’ll still struggle to find players to pass to if we carry on being so static and so naïve.

Sunderland had Ki Sung Yeung running the show for them on Saturday, we need to Ki Ksum Ass and sort ourselves bloody well out. Over to you Lambo!

• Like 1

Big call to make though.

Big call indeed but I think he should have dropped him for Sunderland and Southampton and brought him back in for Man U. That would have given him a chance to sort out any lingering fitness issues and give him a real incentive to do well in his return game.

[Edit - on 2nd thoughts, bring him back at Fulham because I am going to that game.  ;) ]

Edited by briny_ear